Hi, I'm new to e cigs. I would appreciate some purchasing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Danny - did you fix the variable voltage question?

I can't ever remember using my Spinner(s) (or indeed anything else) on less than about 3.5v and I find if I go over about 4.3, I get burnt tastes.
However, it depends on the resistance of your atomizer head. With a 2.8 head, 4.8v or more would be perfectly possible and vape-able.

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
I understand the chart now, but I'm still kinda flying blind when it comes to using the info practically. Are the EVOD the only Clearomizers I can use? Are there better ones with better ohm ratings and better performance? I'm trying to get the best I can now so I don't regret not getting something later. Sorry for all of the questions.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Hi! My name is Danny. I'm looking into buying an e cig but I'm unsure which one to buy. Money is of no concern. I've been looking into the blu e cig 100 for $89. Is this a good choice or are there better options? Thanks for all of your help in advance.

Ooo, as a former Blu owner, don't do that!

They're overpriced and underpowered. And you'll spend a fortune on their prefilled cartomizers. And the batteries will drive you crazy. They don't last very long and you'll be charging them while cussing them out. :)

Something more like a Twist kit would be my suggestion. And I'm linking to All About Vapor as an example. I do buy from them myself as they're local and I can run up to their store if need be but the eGo style batteries are widely available.

But something like that would be better. The batteries will last far, far longer and you won't spend so much money on refills. Buying the liquids in bottles is cheaper than buying prefilled cartridges of any kind.

Good place to find reputable suppliers is the Forum Suppliers section here. Not that there are no good suppliers who are not on the list but the list has known suppliers and is a good place to start if you're new.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Vapor eyes your links don't lead to a specific post. I am interested though. Thanks

No it's only a general juice review section and a subforum where sales are posted. Re: Deals and Steals around holidays they practically give juice and gear away and it's a good idea to plan accordingly. I bought 4 X Kgo type starter kits (1100 mah/ 3,7 volts) for $20 each- regular price was $40.00 each. Gave them as Christmas presents :thumbs:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I understand the chart now, but I'm still kinda flying blind when it comes to using the info practically. Are the EVOD the only Clearomizers I can use? Are there better ones with better ohm ratings and better performance? I'm trying to get the best I can now so I don't regret not getting something later. Sorry for all of the questions.

I use the Vision brand Mini Vivi Novas 2.0 ml- make absolute sure they're genuine Vision brand- knockoffs are problematic IMO. They come with 3 heads- 1.8, 2.4 and 2.8 ohms. As for the chart it's easiest when you when you have all the gear in hand and will make perfect sense. Attach your delivery device (holds and vaporizes the juice) and slowly turn the voltage up until you hit your "sweet spot". You'll find different juices taste much better at different voltages. Voltage wise you'll find :most" vapers enjoy 4- 4.5 volts. As for the Evod I've heard good things but haven't used them.

jonescreek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
WESTERN N.C.
Rule of Thumb: "generally", the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

For every one positive review for the Blu, I have easily read 100 negative reviews.

I would suggest a better battery model like the Kgo for a fixed voltage model. And the Kgo is definitely better than the over-hyped fixed voltage eGo models. The eGo's have the smallest voltage battery on the market. If it must be a small stick sized battery to start out with, then I would suggest the Volt by smokeless image over the Blu by a long shot.

Good Luck
Tis true ^^^

merrick92

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
CT,USA
Thanks for the chart, but how do I use it? My set up is only voltage regulated I think so where would I set it once it shows up?

The top of the chart shows voltage,and the left side shows resistance, in ohms. your getting 2.4 ohms heads,the extras anyway. so any voltage showing green is a good setting to put your spinner on,for example, 2.4 ohms good voltage is 3.24v to 4.5v. Although I personally wouldn't go over 4 just in case. Also check the ohms on the heads already included in the clearomizers,and set your voltage accordingly. A good rule of thumb is start low and work your way up. Don;t do what I did and burn out the heads fdrom too high a voltage :) Be careful too that sometimes the resistance can a little off from what it states,a 2.4ohms could be a 2.2 or 2.6.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Spinner/Twist Ego VV Tank combo with:
3x 1300mah vision spinner batteries
3x Kanger EVOD Ego Clearomizers
1 50ml eliquid smooth tobacco
3x 2.4 ohm atomizer head for EVOD
Ce2 syringe refill kit

Hm. Maybe just two and save a bit of cash? The "rule of thumb" for batteries is 100 mAh is roughly 1 hour of average use. A 1300 mAh could last upward of 12 or so hours. I just noticed I seem to have gotten 6 hours out of a 1000 mAh (but I've only paid attention this once) and even if you got 60 mAh is 1 hour, that'd still be, oh, almost 8 hours. I'd think one backup battery charging would be enough. And you can always order batteries separately later.

I'd generally cut back to maybe 2 each on the things you have 3 of in your list. You'll be wanting to order samples of several liquids to try them out. It'd be rare you hit the "just right" liquid the first time. And 50 ml is a lot. Look for vendors that have "sample packs" or order small bottles like 3 or 5 ml to try out liquids. You'll have to do some experimenting to find that ones that work best for you and the flavors you like.

jrm519

Apr 13, 2013
United States
I like the ego ctwist variable its what I started on( that worked had tried two different brands which I don't remember similar to the blu). Moved up to bamboo APV. In my experience those cigarette looking brands are horrible all of them. They are small which correlates to small battery life. Yeah it looks similar to analog but what a waste of money.

Last edited:

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Guys thanks for all of your help! I put my order in tonight for the kit and I got 2 10mL bottles of Carmel tobacco and coffee toffee tobacco for juice. The juice won't ship until Tuesday because the owners out at a conference, but I'm guessing the PV will ship tomorrow. I'll let everyone know when I get them. Again I can't thank all of you enough. As soon as I understand the PV's more I promise that I'll pass on what I've learned to new people and help as much as you've helped me. Thanks again!

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Tis true ^^^

On my provari I'm using 18650 2000mah batts they are lasting me anywhere from 49 to 54 hours its mind blowing. I only have two and I get no where near ever being with out a batt.

I hope to get a provari in the future. Those things sure sound great! Right now I'm gonna take my time and learn all I can about Vaping. Then after about 6 months I'll make my move. Thanks.

Ferrel1134

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
St. Paul mn
Danny. No rush the victory is the reward. My wife got me the provari because I finally put down the analogs. I wish I had used the resources here and got a kit like yours last year. I might have gone analog free then. Instead I knew about ecf and did not listen. I'm buying the same kit for a back up. It's a fine kit. Setting a six month goal is a great idea. I'm glad ecf helped you get a good setup. Makes me feel good. If you need help understanding your new setup please pm me for any question on voltage or filling your new tanks. I'm here for support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread