• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hi folks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddracer

Sep 12, 2010
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Just wanted to say hello, I may not post a lot here but I'm really enjoying reading all you posts. That being said I thought I would share with you a quick story about how I upset my girlfriends folks just by offering a different point of view.

My philosophy has always been live and let live and never talk politics or religion, but my girlfriends dad is a born again Christian and would always preach to me until one day I got a bit bored and open the other side of the debate. There is nothing funnier than seeing a religious, "forgiving, tolerant and caring" person get really "angry, frustrated and eventually abusive" while you quote Richard Dawkins, Graham Oppy and Daniel Harbour in a calm concise manner.

Needless to say the subject has never come up since. Christian values would be great if people would only practice what they preach.....

salliezoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
(Big Island) Hawaii
Aloha all...well, I can relate. I've gotten myself in that same situation many times. But I'm actually starting to enjoy it. After listening to all that silliness for my entire life, I figure payback is fair play. I've basically stopped caring if they turn red and look like they will explode.

Then there's the other reaction...sometimes there is no greater conversation stopper at a social gathering than the words, "I'm an atheist". They either don't know what it means and are too embarrassed to ask...or they are simply so appalled they can't speak. OH THE HORROR OF IT!:evil:

It's become very entertaining :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread