Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
@ igetcha

Flaws to you may be WIN to others though ! To me the Darwin is WIN, the button, the Arm, the way it turns on off with that arm, and most of all the way it monitors the Atty and the electronics of this device. The way it reacts to every Atty/Carto I have put on my NEW Darwin so far have reacted better than any device I have used to date, and that would be as many devices as you or more that I have used or owned which is well up over 150 Mods now, NO other mod has made an Atty/Carto run just quite like my Darwin is on such a consistent basis every time I hit the button and take a vape I get the exact same vape every time, No other unit has given me this, Provari though is right there I must say but Darwin is now 1st.

Note: as a fantasy, moving the button to the opposite side, and adding a long fill tank looking just like the Darwin is built, long rectangular tank, on the same side as the arm with a small finger hole to squeeze, and a small hose coming out of the long rectangular tank up to the brass pivot to feed an Atty would seriously be a cool add to the Darwin to make it a feed machine. If this dam thing could drink with something like that it would be hands down the ultimate PV ! And this idea would work too !:2cool:

Last edited:

ChaosAffect

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Georgia
@MWA: It's a review, not a declaration of fact. It's HIS opinion, and those of us that watch his reviews want to hear HIS opinion. If you think you can do better then maybe you need to step away from the boats, women, and rope and start doing your own reviews.
@ igetcha

Flaws to you may be WIN to others though ! To me the Darwin is WIN, the button, the Arm, the way it turns on off with that arm, and most of all the way it monitors the Atty and the electronics of this device. The way it reacts to every Atty/Carto I have put on my NEW Darwin so far have reacted better than any device I have used to date, and that would be as many devices as you or more that I have used or owned which is well up over 150 Mods now, NO other mod has made an Atty/Carto run just quite like my Darwin is on such a consistent basis every time I hit the button and take a vape I get the exact same vape every time, No other unit has given me this, Provari though is right there I must say but Darwin is now 1st.

Note: as a fantasy, moving the button to the opposite side, and adding a long fill tank looking just like the Darwin is built, long rectangular tank, on the same side as the arm with a small finger hole to squeeze, and a small hose coming out of the long rectangular tank up to the brass pivot to feed an Atty would seriously be a cool add to the Darwin to make it a feed machine. If this dam thing could drink with something like that it would be hands down the ultimate PV ! And this idea would work too !:2cool:

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
@ igetcha

Flaws to you may be WIN to others though !

precisely!!

the review is just my own personal opinion and should never be treated as gospel! if you like the Darwin and are happy with it then that really is the only thing that matters! :D

cheers

scott

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Ya know, I bet there was some controversy over the 510 atty way back when ---- in fact I found some the other day. And guess what, It's still a winner and the older 306 sure has popularity now, too.

There is no perfect PV for everyone..........but there sure has been a lot of innovations! Lets keep the innovations coming!

VV is making a big hit these days --- but so is VW. There seems to be quite a bit of interest in these technologies for the Mod Market. And, with all the innovation that has happened in the past several months --- these two mods are frequently sited as the best on the market. Both also have high resale value. Both are winners. Are the best we can do? No. Which is best? I don't know --- it could be like juice flavors........we vary in opinions.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
@MWA: It's a review, not a declaration of fact. It's HIS opinion, and those of us that watch his reviews want to hear HIS opinion. If you think you can do better then maybe you need to step away from the boats, women, and rope and start doing your own reviews.
Agree with you, Scott has HIS opinion.....I have mine....I disagree with his opinion.......but I do not use video reviews to determine a purchase, I do my own research.....so, you see, we each have opinions....

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla

No thanks there Chaos, I'm sticking to my boats, ropes and Hot azz Chicks all day long, as for who I watch, well it isn't gonna be Scott nothing against ya Scott, but its gonna be chicks in Bikinis on boats, I'll let you have and watch Scott there Chaos since you say you enjoy watching him. Later, I'm out of here for now that your here and not getting involved hear with you on this that's for another forum which I dont and wont frequent, I like this one much better and plan on staying so not going where you are.! I'll keep my opinions and you can have yours, both are fine with me,,,,could I do better, I think so but choose not to,,,,Later have a great night

Last edited:

ChaosAffect

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Georgia
Probably a good thing you avoid the other forum... Now, Scott's always welcome there, and even though that place is completely unmoderated NO ONE accused him of being on the take... odd thing, that. You'd almost think it wasn't true.
No thanks there Chaos, I'm sticking to my boats, ropes and Hot azz Chicks all day long, as for who I watch, well it isn't gonna be Scott nothing against ya Scott, but its gonna be chicks in Bikinis on boats, I'll let you have and watch Scott there Chaos since you say you enjoy watching him. Later, I'm out of here for now that your here and not getting involved hear with you on this that's for another forum which I dont and wont frequent, I like this one much better and plan on staying so not going where you are.! I'll keep my opinions and you can have yours, both are fine with me,,,,could I do better, I think so but choose not to,,,,Later have a great night

Last edited:

Lazerrred

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2010
Flo SC, USA
No thanks there Chaos, I'm sticking to my boats, ropes and Hot azz Chicks all day long, as for who I watch, well it isn't gonna be Scott nothing against ya Scott, but its gonna be chicks in Bikinis on boats, <snip>

FWIW, to all, this is not the first request from this boaster on this boast. Sick.
Edit; just calling ethical behavior as I see it. ;) as he seems to like to tie up hot azz chicks with ropes.
Sick, just, sick.

Last edited:

jude8753

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
PA
I am not a fangirl of the Darwin, but I own one. I have had my own problems with the stiff switch, which bothered me. When it totally shut down after 3 months, I was ...... off. I sent it back and they totally made it great. The button is now a dream to click and NOW I can understand all the great talk, but I couldn't before.

I have always listened and watched Scott from TW when I first started and I have always found him professional.

I must say that I did feel a bias in this review which bothered me even though I was having my own problems with the Darwin. I like you as a reviewer Scot, but even to me you do sound very biased. I will still watch your reviews, but I as I hope others can make up their own minds and decide for themselves

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
I have always listened and watched Scott from TW when I first started and I have always found him professional.

eh?? i am NOT from TW!! so please do not try to insinuate that i am a member of their staff.......yes, i have made TUTORIAL videos for them, but i have also made tutorial videos for god knows how many other companies too!

I have had my own problems with the stiff switch, which bothered me. When it totally shut down after 3 months, I was ...... off

I must say that I did feel a bias in this review which bothered me even though I was having my own problems with the Darwin

can you not see the irony of that statement? you personally have experienced the EXACT same problem as myself, yet because i dare to point out my own experience of that EXACT same problem you call me biased!!

it would seem that Darwin owners think that the word biased means never speaking about any negatives and only concentrating on the positives.......the fact they cant see how insanely hypocritical that is is beyond comprehension!

once again, i shall repeat a section from one of my previous posts:-

battery life - great

vapour - great

throat hit - great

electronics - great

excessive play in the arm - fact - clearly demonstrated in the video

stiff switch - fact - clearly demonstrated in the video

large gap around the wheel - fact - clearly demonstrated in the video

unable to turn off the device "if" used with tanks - fact - clearly demonstrated in the video

if you watch the review properly you will see that i covered the negatives as well as the positives

cheers

scott

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
My opinion of the items you re-posted from your review:

battery life - great

vapour - great

throat hit - great

electronics - great

excessive play in the arm -due to the design of the arm...does not effect the operation of the device in any way

stiff switch - the switch pivots from one end....push the switch at the upper end and it fires quite nicely....

large gap around the wheel - designed that way and does not effect the operation of the device in any way....(any pv with a wheel has a gap)

unable to turn off the device "if" used with tanks - many users have tanks and use a short "gooseneck" and the Darwin will turn off with a tank installed

You rated the "most important" features of the Darwin as "great", yet could not wait to box it up and send it back...That was your take on the Darwin.....My take is that it is the most advanced technology device to date, and since it is not "tube shaped", some do not like the shape, but cannot fault the electronics....

Thats my "short" opinion......

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I love my ProVari, the GLV Mini and Ms T juice. Maybe I should start flaming and arguing with everyone who thinks different. Or maybe I'll just be content knowing that my opinion is the only one that counts when it comes to me spending my money and shrug it off. Yeah, the second one. It's so much less stressful.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I love my ProVari, the GLV Mini and Ms T juice. Maybe I should start flaming and arguing with everyone who thinks different. Or maybe I'll just be content knowing that my opinion is the only one that counts when it comes to me spending my money and shrug it off. Yeah, the second one. It's so much less stressful.
No flaming here, just stating my opinion....glad you love your pv's....love mine too....

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
excessive play in the arm -due to the design of the arm...does not effect the operation of the device in any way

i may be wrong, but i dont recall that i said it "effects the operation" of the Darwin.......i merely stated that there was excessive play in the arm which i believe is simply just stating the truth isnt it?

the fact that other Darwin owners have stated that they have no play in the arm of their Darwins proves that the one i received must have had the pretty common fault that MANY OTHERS have also experienced

stiff switch - the switch pivots from one end....push the switch at the upper end and it fires quite nicely....

NO! the Darwin i reviewed had a stiff switch full stop......once again, i am NOT the only person to experience this issue as MANY OTHERS including the lady a few posts above have experienced the EXACT same issue too!

and the fact that OTHER PEOPLE resorted to taking their Darwins apart in order to rectify the issue simply proves that what i experienced was a faulty switch.......its one of the most expensive devices on the planet and people should be able to simply press a button without needing to find a special spot in order to get it to activate with minimal pressure or taking it apart to repair!

YOU received a Darwin without a faulty switch so of course you will not view it as an issue!! but MYSELF and MANY OTHERS did NOT.....why is it so hard to comprehend that maybe, just maybe some peoples Darwins switches were faulty / stiff??

large gap around the wheel - designed that way and does not effect the operation of the device in any way....(any pv with a wheel has a gap)

once again, i dont believe that i said it effects its operation.......i mere stated that a large gap will / may / possibly attract dust, dirt, spilt juice etc which i believe is a fact is it not?

or are you saying that its impossible for dust, dirt, liquid to fall into a gap? if so, can you please explain that theory........or does the Darwin have some kind of magnetic field around the gap that repels foreign objects?

so to reiterate, i simply stated a fact that a large gap has the potential to allow contaminants to enter the Darwin and "possibly" cause damage

who knows, maybe that is precisely the reason why many people are saying "im on my 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc Darwin"?

food for thought maybe?

unable to turn off the device "if" used with tanks - many users have tanks and use a short "gooseneck" and the Darwin will turn off with a tank installed

im guessing you have not watched my review of the Gooseneck! lol

but again, all i did was point out the obvious facts that IF someone wanted to use a tank system (which many, many people do!) then it would not be possible to turn off the Darwin without removing it!

was i lying? did i use my Adobe After Effects skills to falsify the visible demonstration? the answer being NO! i very clearly demonstrated that it would not turn off when used with some tanks.......but i did also show that it WOULD turn off with other tanks! so does that show balance??

again, all i did was merely point out the truth.........it cant be turned off if used with some tank systems

You rated the "most important" features of the Darwin as "great", yet could not wait to box it up and send it back...That was your take on the Darwin.....My take is that it is the most advanced technology device to date, and since it is not "tube shaped", some do not like the shape, but cannot fault the electronics

yes, that is very correct........i can honestly say that i simply did not enjoy using it at all. why is that so terrible? is it because you enjoy it so much that you think anyone else who disagrees with you must be wrong?

i honestly cant get my head around why people think that just because they like something it automatically means that everyone else must think the same. and if they dont like it then they are branded as a liar, a cheat, biased, corrupt etc etc etc.......it defies belief, it truly does!

im pleased that other people love their Darwin, i truly am! live and let live!!

but i personally simply did not enjoy using it........may God strike me down for daring to think that way!

sigh...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread