Hi and help lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omagh-Vapour

Apr 10, 2016
Hallo everyone :) I joined here for some advice and to keep up to date on all the news :)

I also have a problem... I ordered my self a rx200 and 3 battery's to go in it... I bought the eFest 35A 3000mah purple battery's as this is what was suggested to me to buy.

Will these battery be able to power my mod? As see some of them are labeled wrong LOL

Would I be better to go with Sony battery's or another well known battery?

I'll only be running around 0.20 ohms on my box at maybe 70-80watts :)

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BrotherBob

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. I would not have bought those batteries, but they should work safely in the range you specify. Efests are rewraps, meaning Efest doesn't make batteries. They buy them and put their own wraps on them. Nothing wrong with that, necessarily, but you can't ever know what actual battery is under the wrap. Maybe it's a good one. Or maybe not. Efest is also famous for over rating their cells. They are not 35amps, no matter what it says on the label. Given they are 3000mAh, they will have a CDR of no more than 20 amps, possibly less. That's still probably ok for your intended usage, but I can only say probably because I don't know what's under the wrap either.

The batteries I use in my RX200s are LG HG2s, and I recommend them highly. They are 20A, 3000mAh cells and offer great battery life. Another top quality cell with similar specs is the Samsung 30Q.

Reactions: Leo Bak

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Hi and welcome. I would not have bought those batteries, but they should work safely in the range you specify. Efests are rewraps, meaning Efest doesn't make batteries. They buy them and put their own wraps on them. Nothing wrong with that, necessarily, but you can't ever know what actual battery is under the wrap. Maybe it's a good one. Or maybe not. Efest is also famous for over rating their cells. They are not 35amps, no matter what it says on the label. Given they are 3000mAh, they will have a CDR of no more than 20 amps, possibly less. That's still probably ok for your intended usage, but I can only say probably because I don't know what's under the wrap either.

The batteries I use in my RX200s are LG HG2s, and I recommend them highly. They are 20A, 3000mAh cells and offer great battery life. Another top quality cell with similar specs is the Samsung 30Q.
Thank you for answering! I was searching for someone to come and say something. :)

We have a member that has spent a lot of time testing and researching batteries. His name is Mooch and he has a few blogs that are very informative. You can find his blogs here: Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Hope that helps and welcome!

viannen_01.gif

Welcome to ECF!​

pJYvGY3.gif

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
So I don't have to worry about them venting in me or anything ? I was told the rx200 need 25A or higher battery's to safe?

If I was to buy wraps for my battery's and take the efest wrap of and see what's under them and then rewrap the battery's would that work?

It doesn't work quite that way. If you're math inclined, the formula for calculating the amp draw on a regulated mod is: 1.05 × ((set watts) ÷ ((battery discharge voltage) × (number of batteries))) where set watts is the wattage you set with the up/dn buttons, discharge voltage is battery voltage where the mod quits working because the batteries are too low, and 1.05 is a 5% efficiency loss factor. But without doing the math, the answer is if the batteries are at the stop working point, and you have 200 watts set, the draw is about 19.5A, just barely within the capacity of a 20A cell. If the batteries have more charge, or you set less than 200 watts, or both, the draw is less. Bottom line, for your 70-80 watt intended use, 20A cells are fine.

Battery vents are a rare but real occurrence. You always have to worry about that. The best way to avoid it is to stay within the rated capacity of the battery, but even that is not a guarantee. Mistakes and manufacturing defects happen. No need to lose sleep over it though. It's pretty rare if you have good batteries and live within their specs.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to cut the wraps off and determine what cell you have. That data was printed on the original factory wrap, which Efest cut off to rewrap them. That's why I recommend against rewraps; you can not know. If you know batteries, you can eliminate some by looking at the heel of the can or the vents in the positive post, but that only tells you what they're not, not what they are.

I repeat: you're probably OK with Efest Purples. Our friend @Mooch has tested them and rates them 20A for the ones he has tested. But no, I can't be completely positive. There's no guarantee Efest used the same cells he tested in the ones you have. If you are truly worried, buy some HG2s and quit worrying. Or just vape what you have. A three battery mod draws a lot less than a one or two battery machine for the same watts.

Omagh-Vapour

Apr 10, 2016
It doesn't work quite that way. If you're math inclined, the formula for calculating the amp draw on a regulated mod is: 1.05 × ((set watts) ÷ ((battery discharge voltage) × (number of batteries))) where set watts is the wattage you set with the up/dn buttons, discharge voltage is battery voltage where the mod quits working because the batteries are too low, and 1.05 is a 5% efficiency loss factor. But without doing the math, the answer is if the batteries are at the stop working point, and you have 200 watts set, the draw is about 19.5A, just barely within the capacity of a 20A cell. If the batteries have more charge, or you set less than 200 watts, or both, the draw is less. Bottom line, for your 70-80 watt intended use, 20A cells are fine.

Battery vents are a rare but real occurrence. You always have to worry about that. The best way to avoid it is to stay within the rated capacity of the battery, but even that is not a guarantee. Mistakes and manufacturing defects happen. No need to lose sleep over it though. It's pretty rare if you have good batteries and live within their specs.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to cut the wraps off and determine what cell you have. That data was printed on the original factory wrap, which Efest cut off to rewrap them. That's why I recommend against rewraps; you can not know. If you know batteries, you can eliminate some by looking at the heel of the can or the vents in the positive post, but that only tells you what they're not, not what they are.

I repeat: you're probably OK with Efest Purples. Our friend @Mooch has tested them and rates them 20A for the ones he has tested. But no, I can't be completely positive. There's no guarantee Efest used the same cells he tested in the ones you have. If you are truly worried, buy some HG2s and quit worrying. Or just vape what you have. A three battery mod draws a lot less than a one or two battery machine for the same watts.
Thanks very much I will be using different battery's from now on when the efest ones die I'll update when I get my MOD and battery's :) thanks for the help suprtrkr :) much appreciated :)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Am I also right in saying that since my MOD takes 3 battery's then I have 60A and 9000mah?,

Nope. Your mod is series; meaning the batteries are electrically stacked nose to tail. You have nominally 11.1V (3.7 x 3) and 20A and 3000mAh. If it were parallel, the batteries would be arranged side by side, with all the positive poles together and all the negatives. Then you would have nominal 3.7V, 60A and 9000 mAh. But there's no real difference; 11.1V at 3000mAh is the same amount of watt-hours as 3.7 V at 9000 mAh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread