Hi All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady Meyers

Aug 4, 2018
Hi everyone, I’m Brady, I’m a new to vaping and looking forward to getting more and more into it. I’m that rare beast, an ex-smoker of several years who misses aspects of nicotine and tobacco use (obviously not including burning plant-matter and inhaling smoke and thousands of nasty chemicals that make you feel sick and ruin your health). But I am highly compatible with the drug, as well as the whole experience (was a ryo smoker) and don’t see anything wrong with it as a voluntary habit. I may have a few questions!

This is an awesome forum. Take it easy; you may see me popping up in threads from time to time :)

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Welcome to the forum.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone that vapes does so in order to quit smoking. Some people interchange the two for pleasure and/or convenience. Many do find that their cigarette smoking tapers off. Some do it to cut back on the number of cigarettes, some to wean themselves off cigarettes, and some to quit "cold turkey" by vaping instead. Some taper off the nicotine levels and some stay with the nicotine. While I haven't smoked in a long time, personally I am not opposed to others smoking.

You may not be as rare a beast as you think ;). Glad you are here.

Brady Meyers

Aug 4, 2018
Welcome to the forum.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone that vapes does so in order to quit smoking. Some people interchange the two for pleasure and/or convenience. Many do find that their cigarette smoking tapers off. Some do it to cut back on the number of cigarettes, some to wean themselves off cigarettes, and some to quit "cold turkey" by vaping instead. Some taper off the nicotine levels and some stay with the nicotine. While I haven't smoked in a long time, personally I am not opposed to others smoking.

You may not be as rare a beast as you think ;). Glad you are here.
Haha, no I didn't mean I still smoke, I don't, I just meant that, though I managed to stop smoking without vaping (it was pretty niche and ineffective in Australia when I stopped the cigs), I don't see anything wrong with taking up the nicotine habit again in another form.

Little extra story, I was in the UK on honeymoon last year and took it on myself to drag my poor newlywed into a vape shop, try out a couple of devices and juices, and bring a setup back for a relative who's been on Champix (Chantix) about a dozen times. That got me hooked on the fun aspect at least! Bit of a fait accompli after that.

ichimaru

Moved On
Aug 12, 2018
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

Brady Meyers

Aug 4, 2018
Welcome to the forum @Brady Meyers and congrats on making the switch. What is your current mod and tank combination?

Well I'm still new. The first thing I bought was a Vaptio C-II kit. The tank is pretty much sub-ohm and the mod is advertised for putting out 100 W on full charge with their lowest-resistance coils. That was helpful, it taught me I actually did want something more reminiscent of the ciggies. Now I'm using nic salts on an Aspire Breeze 2.

Interesting detail, after the C-II debacle I stumbled on the concept of an analog herbal vapouriser (will stick to British English spellings) as an affordable way to return to tobacco usage without smoking, so used a Dynavap M with pipe tobacco for a few months. Very enjoyable for me as a former RYO smoker but I worry about tar and nitrosamines, hence continuing with the eliquid odyssey.

Going forward I want something genisys style and mtl that I can keep some NET in (and I want to try DIYing that) and drip WTA onto. At the moment that means a Vapefly Galaxies RDTA, although if I come across something high-end that I love I'll consider it (if I win lotto). As for a mod, when I first started in on this I wouldn't have dreamed I'd be thinking about a mech tube so soon, and I won't get one until I understand what to do back to front, but yeah, that's on the cards too. I like SMPL mods but it seems like the moment's passing for them so open to suggestions for something similar. There will be a regulated mod in the meantime though; not sure what that'll be.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread