Hey!

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
@

That makes sense. I think pods are damn good at what they do and at least from the friends of mine who tried to use vaping to quit the pods with salt worked better than when we grabbed a nautilus and a mech mod maybe 5 years earlier.

With the fancy mesh coils or whatever the latest tech is they deliver a lot more flavour than the early ciglite things or the tanks i used early on before going dtl sub ohm.

Haha, I actually came from the subs your talking about but I wast having much luck when it came to figuring out which rta's or mods are reliable and vape well.
The aussie vape subs don't have too many active people for general vaping questions or discussions unfortunately. Very useful for news about whats going on as well as suggesting the phone services to get scipts (because most gps wont do them) or talking about the stores in nz that have good nix to import. Also for venting about murdoch propaganda, tobacco lobbies and politicians , I would guess the number of unique users is under 100/day.

@Daniel Forsyth Thanks for that link. Just what I was after.
Murdoch got kinda run out of the USA. He’s still doing damage here though. He was more-or less responsible for the rise and massive right wing swing of politics in my country. There’s a belief that he was the power behind brexit too which didn’t seem to do Britain much good. At least from here. Dude strikes me as an autistic sociopath personally. Even he is horrified by what he created in the US though.

Reactions: Falconeer

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
Thanks for all the warm welcomes and advice. It's given me a lot to think about.

@UncLeJunkLe
Haha, yeah I understand there's so much variety it's hard to make generalized suggestions. I guess a reliable mod with decent battery capacity (ideally at least 2 18650s) so I don't mind it being big. Maybe a cheaper single battery mod as well to replace pod devices when out and about.

I have been grabbing 10% nic and stocking up since late November. Mainly salt nic because some regulations changed so the previous "up to 500ml 3-100mg nicotie liquid per 3 months" aren't allowed so I had a choice of 100mls of freebase or 250 of salt. My understading is that the salt nic is more stable so that doesnt seem terrible though I couldnt find much information on using it in place of base at say 6% with a 0.15Ω or lower coil.

@Darksand
I bought a chest freezer for storage and I'll try to get a few more batches of base nic. I'm not sure how much air tight amber bottles are needed but I figure I can still buy those after march so I'm focusing my funds and time on getting other things before then. Nic, Xros pods, some mods and rta rdas + diy flavour concentrate. I'm even stocking bottles because those are also going to be prohibited for sale or importing. No idea how they plan to enforce that one really.
I should still be able to get flavour concentrates used for other things but anything marketed as vape concentrate is out.

I'll definately be following your advice and getting a few duplicates of the mods and tanks. 2-3x A reliable high end mods with good chip, high current and if feasible sqonking support. Another 5 cheaper mods that are a bit more portable and will work for most things. I used to have some voopoo drags for covenience so thats what im thiking. I was considering a tube mod for mtl for when I run out of pods though the mech mod idea is definately a keeper so a tube mech mod for backup/something less cumbersome than a regulated box mod.

Is there a particular kayfun rta you would recommend? The few places here showing stock have the Svoemesto Kayfun X 22 RT at $220 ($145 USD) compared to ~$70 for the Aromizer Plus v2. The quality of the rta is going to be very imortant whe I cant use an rda so I am prepared to spend a bit ad have some duplicates for repair purposes but what exactly makes it so much better.

@bombastinator2
Thanks very much for all the info. That seems like a very nice setup.
It's good to know that you can get compareable flavour from an rta. I tried a few times years ago while I was happy with coils when dripping I didnt stick with an rta for long. I think that was around when mesh atomizers became common and the difference was too much. I never did get into sqonking which seems to be a good solution and a lot more convenient. How durable are the squank bottles for the mods out of curiosity?

Big is fine.
Is there a huge difference between the v2 and v3 Aromamizer Plus tanks or the suprememe/titan lines? Looking at local au suppliers the v3 plus is harder to find than the v2 plus or the v3 supreme/titan so I'm guessing that's the one you use? If they are all pretty comparible I'll just pick whichever I can find with a few in stock and enough spare glass to last me a decade.

The stock might not be the best indication because all the domestic places are clearing and closing. As log as I'm not ordering from China during CNY I shouldn't have a problem getting what I need elsewhere so long as I order before too long.

Thanks again for everyone’s input.
gah. I stopped to answer a second question and didn’t get all The way through your post :/. To answer the others. I’ve never used the v3 so I have no idea. I did buy an original titan which has a different deck that has a single little round hole on either side and you have to get the wick snuggled up ne=xt to it. I could never make it work very well for all that it was supposed to be an improvement. Apparently the v3 has a different deck but it will take the v2 decks. I’ve got a bunch of v2 decks. I wick em and use em like rebuildable cartridges. I don’t know how the v3 deck is different. they made a bunch of deck styles. The only one I like particularly is the two coil. They did a mesh I didn’t like much, and at least one other. I’ve got one mesh deck which I tried and was awful. No spring to press the wick into their mesh I think.
getting a mesh to work well is hard though. There were a bunch of really bad ones. The mesh deck for the v2 seemed to be one such.

Last edited:

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
Cheers for the site suggestions and raising the point about proprietary seals. Didn't even consider that.

I understand the 510 love. I only started using pods and salt while in public because I was sick of smokers telling me how dangerous me vaping was every time I went to a smoking area >.< and at least without the cloud it was less frequent.

Before/during your flavor ban I ended up getting 4x my juice order supplied. that was before the first ban happened so I just kind of stuck with it.
I'm looking forward to returning to some nice tasty clouds.
You don’t need to switch to disposbles to have smaller (or no) clouds. Just do what they do: switch the base. The base is what makes the clouds. Specifically VG. Anything with a boilingpoint below water will do. Ethanol works, though it’s hot and makes you drunk, high PG with a very small amount of water is almost invisible. There are “stealth’ recipes that are totally invisible

Reactions: Falconeer

Users who are viewing this thread