Hey everyone, wonderful community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve.

Mar 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
I've been smoking for 8 years or so and pretty tired of it. Jumped at this whole ecig thing because it would be not only better for me but for those around me. I tried a disposable at the store with 0 nic and I didn't find it too bad, but I need that nicotine lol.

So, I began researching..google and youtube made up my decision. ProSmoke

Now, after I ordered it, I thought I would dig even deeper into ecigs and find out more because I'm so anxious to get it. That's when I found you guys, been lurking for almost a week now and jeesh you guys mean business when it comes to getting that exact juice or atomizer or tank for yourself and that's great.

So, I've been reading a lot and I was wondering about the Volt. Now, from what I've read, that seems to be the best ciglike device. But, is that not the same thing as my prosmoke? One thing that I did notice is that Smokeless Image sells blanks and juices, prosmoke does not. Also, Smokeless seems to be a little more affordable to start up. Oh, and Smokeless uses cartomizers, ProSmoke uses cartridges. ?

Now for the shock factor of my post..from ProSmoke I got 2 batteries, atomizer, 1 cartridge pack and a wall charger for $91. :/ the shipping was almost $30 which is included in that and mind you I'm only 30 minutes from the Detroit/Windsor border. Ridiculous. I ordered it last week and hopefully going to receive it today or tomorrow, but for that kind of money I'm rather upset that I could have pieced something together myself for cheaper. I even seen someone post an $18 kit which I would be satisfied with.

Then there's the ego line, ohhh im looking alright lol. Would love an ego for home with a ciglike for out and about.

Well, that is how I have started. Some input would be great, I know this is an incredible community so far!

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Steve and welcome to ECF. Congrats on quitting. After 5 posts wait 1 hr for the ECF servers to reset and request a http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...c-supplier-list-via-pm-only-part-2-a-106.html
www.CANVAPE.com Welcome to Canada's ultimate one stop shop on-line created for Canadian's to service your electronic cigarette needs. You'll find the highest quality products online for sale as well as the best pricing, service and sales. Quick proce #1 vendor in Canada with lowest prices and latest quality gear. Located in Newmarket but has stalls in and around Toronto on weekends.
Best of Luck.

Edit: battery info- 100 mah is 1 hr normal vaping before needing recharge.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hiya!

Hmmm.... You mean this one? ProSmoke Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit - ProSmoke

Dd you really want the naked truth here? lol

Ok, they are number one in the industry. They say so right there on their own web site. So that must be true. And they contribute to the "American Cancer Association" - whatever that is. (Even though they use the American Cancer Society logo to blow that horn.) And they make a big deal about being located in the USA - but their product undoubtedly all comes from China.

Ok, I'll quit being cute. You overpaid by more than double for an old technology kit. We coulda pointed you to a similar kit - but with two atomizers, not just one - for $35.00 plus shipping. They aren't saying what kind of threading this hardware uses. I can tell from the photos it's definitely not 510 threading. Knowing that becomes important - so you can go buy better stuff for lower cost elsewhere.

Most likely those cartridges are refillable. But no - one cartridge isn't equal to one - or in this case two - packs of anything.

Welcome to the learning curve. :D

But hey - this is getting you started and that's a good thing! Once you get the kit and try it out get back to us with your likes and dislikes and we can point you in directions from there.

About the shipping: Yeah, this is gonna suck. I have to assume this place shipped USPS Priority? Rates went up - way up - recently for USPS service to CA. And because of those pesky customs issues with e-cigs a lot of US vendors will only ship Priority rate to CA. This is something you will have to watch as you order more stuff.

Welcome. Hope I didn't beat you up too bad! lol It's unfortunate that you paid that much for what is in that kit, but this is not an uncommon first time purchase mistake.

Steve.

Mar 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
That Rickajho is exactly the reviews I have been reading so far into my journey, after I had already made the purchase. That's where my discussion of the Volt came from, am I going to have the same piece of garbage or what? What are the main differences between ProSmoke and the Volt?

One thing that I really do love about Smokeless Image is their accessories, it seems that I can attach 100 different things to that device whereas ProSmoke it's just cartridges that cost me $10 for 5 plus $12 shipping. It's ridiculous.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Lessee, where are we? (Had to go do stuff...)

I don't have a personal opinion to offer about Smokeless Image but... again, it doesn't look like it's 510 threading. Someone here will know. I don't mean to harp on that issue, but my estimate would be that 80% of the hardware available uses 510 threading. If you pick something that isn't that really restricts your options. And in general the pricing is higher on non 510 stuff because of the smaller market for it.

Besides, most of what Smokeless Image offers - variations on cigalike size pv's - is reinventing what you already purchased. Don't go there all over again before you have tried what is coming. You have to keep in mind that "looks like a cigarette" devices have a major shortcoming: Small batteries = very short run times. If you find that a problem with the kit you already got, you won't want to repeat it all over again. Constantly running to a charger gets real tired, real fast.

eGo Twist? One of the best beginner options I can think of. Even the smallest size capacity eGo Twist will run about 6 times longer between charges than your cigalike batteries. Besides the importance of that, the other important feature of a Twist is variable voltage. (vv) E-liquids are far from created equal. And one issue is they all can taste and feel different with a slight change in voltage. An eGo Twist allows you to tweak the voltage to best suit your liquid of choice. With fixed voltage batteries you can't do that. Also - eGo Twist is standard 510 threading.

I think your post count is now high enough that you can post in the Canada sub forum now. (I might be wrong - you may need 10 posts. But that won't take much to get there.) Folks there will be able to help you ordering stuff. There may be some Canadian vendors where you can buy an eGo Twist - and other needed goodies - to get past the high US to CA shipping costs. I know you can't buy nic liquid in Canada - at least that's what I've been told (lol) - but I think they can sell batteries, chargers etc.

I can tell you're excited about all this. Ever got this excited over buying a box of patches? lol

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Smokeless Image is 808 threading and although a few friends/ converts use and are quite happy with them you are "kinda" limited in accessories unless you purchase directly from SI. They're prolly the best cig sized PV with the best CS in the industry. So if you're looking for cig sized the SI Volt is perfect. If you buy the Volt in the manual (push button, not automatic) you could buy an 808 to 510 adapter to fit 510 accessories on it BUT that extends the length by about 1/2". Can't use an adapter with the auto as it blocks the air holes in the battery. 510 is the most common threading.
I own the Twists and Spinners and prefer the latter because voltage markings much easier to see and voltage dial easier to turn IMO.

Twist Dial
View attachment 184095

Spinner Dial
View attachment 184096

Steve.

Mar 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Lessee, where are we? (Had to go do stuff...)

I don't have a personal opinion to offer about Smokeless Image but... again, it doesn't look like it's 510 threading. Someone here will know. I don't mean to harp on that issue, but my estimate would be that 80% of the hardware available uses 510 threading. If you pick something that isn't that really restricts your options. And in general the pricing is higher on non 510 stuff because of the smaller market for it.

Besides, most of what Smokeless Image offers - variations on cigalike size pv's - is reinventing what you already purchased. Don't go there all over again before you have tried what is coming. You have to keep in mind that "looks like a cigarette" devices have a major shortcoming: Small batteries = very short run times. If you find that a problem with the kit you already got, you won't want to repeat it all over again. Constantly running to a charger gets real tired, real fast.

eGo Twist? One of the best beginner options I can think of. Even the smallest size capacity eGo Twist will run about 6 times longer between charges than your cigalike batteries. Besides the importance of that, the other important feature of a Twist is variable voltage. (vv) E-liquids are far from created equal. And one issue is they all can taste and feel different with a slight change in voltage. An eGo Twist allows you to tweak the voltage to best suit your liquid of choice. With fixed voltage batteries you can't do that. Also - eGo Twist is standard 510 threading.

I think your post count is now high enough that you can post in the Canada sub forum now. (I might be wrong - you may need 10 posts. But that won't take much to get there.) Folks there will be able to help you ordering stuff. There may be some Canadian vendors where you can buy an eGo Twist - and other needed goodies - to get past the high US to CA shipping costs. I know you can't buy nic liquid in Canada - at least that's what I've been told (lol) - but I think they can sell batteries, chargers etc.

I can tell you're excited about all this. Ever got this excited over buying a box of patches? lol

I have been looking at the ego twist, and I have a further in depth discussion in another thread here on the new members forum. The Canada forums are great, i've found canvape, which seems to be a highly reputable canadian vendor so i'm happy with no border issues.

Never been this excited for some patches haha, so anxious to get this thing rolling and share with this community! :)

Smokeless Image is 808 threading and although a few friends/ converts use and are quite happy with them you are "kinda" limited in accessories unless you purchase directly from SI. They're prolly the best cig sized PV with the best CS in the industry. So if you're looking for cig sized the SI Volt is perfect. If you buy the Volt in the manual (push button, not automatic) you could buy an 808 to 510 adapter to fit 510 accessories on it BUT that extends the length by about 1/2". Can't use an adapter with the auto as it blocks the air holes in the battery. 510 is the most common threading.
I own the Twists and Spinners and prefer the latter because voltage markings much easier to see and voltage dial easier to turn IMO.

Twist Dial
View attachment 184095

Spinner Dial
View attachment 184096

I know the twist is made by eGo, but what about Spinner? What are the main differences between the 2?

I have another thread here too if you'd like to continue there with further coverage. You guys are a massive help.

Other thread - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/388249-will-work.html

IntelligentDesigner

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Welcome. Yeah, you spent way more than you should've had to for a starter kit, but who here hasn't spent a good chunk of change getting their ideal setup? Even if you'd started with the eGo, you'd likely still spend a lot more finding the right atty for the top. Live and learn and you'll get there. Welcome and all the best to ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread