Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I can't help but wonder just how tiny those hummingbird eggs must be.

Well, a hummingbird nest is about the size of an 18350 battery. You could fit three nests in the palm of your hand. The eggs are about the size of a jelly bean, I guess, or maybe just a bit smaller.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I’ll buy a round @ the Blue Moon in Kalispell and all of 6’s for letting us crash at his house

I used to fly to Kalispel from Ronan and party for a couple hrs. when I lived there. Either from Ronan, which had a dirt runway at the time or from Polson. Polson at least had an asphault runway. I miss living there. Had some great times.
Like to see some pics Six to bring back old memories.

Port Townsend is a beautiful place too. Alot of navy history up there. Ft Worden is right there.

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I'm a long way from the blue moon. That's up by Columbia Falls. I'm in this neck of the woods . About 35 miles from Helena and about 22 miles from Townsend in the Big Belts

there are a few pics on my phone. Not sure how much attach space I have left on ECF...

2011-12-025.jpg 2011-12-026.jpg View attachment 87938 DSC00011.jpg

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
So cool, 5C! Thanks for sharing. We actually had a Bald Eagle nest in a very tall tree in our back yard when we lived on the coast and on a reservoir. I loved watching them do their courtship rituals and raise young. They are truly a very majestic creature to see.

I will check this out again during daylight hours.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
This is where I lived when I was in Mont.. Right on the edge of the Grizzly Habitat.

You just nudged a memory from my childhood ;) -- Once when I was a little kid, maybe 6 or 7 or so, my dad and I were out in the forest. We were crossing through a deep gulch full of mostly lodge pole pine when he pointed at a tree and asked me, "What do you think of that?". A bear had raked the tree with his claws... but it was maybe 25 or so feet up the tree from the ground. Of course what I thought was probably something along the lines of, "I think I never want to see a bear that big!", but I didn't vocalize that ;) I was pretty stumped.

After letting me stand there a while trying to sort out how big that bear must have been claw a tree at 25', my dad finally told me that sometimes a bear will come out of hibernation in the middle of the winter due to hunger. They'll venture out and tear up a few trees looking for bugs. --> the gulch had been full of snow and the bear was standing on several feet of it when he ripped in to the tree.

Totally off topic, I'm sure, but thanks for helping me remember that. It's a good memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread