help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jliu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
california, USA
So I picked up an Apex Ultra with RES and I have to say that the customer service is truly outstanding.

I had ordered an extra RES but initially I was back and forth if I wanted an Ultra so I had ordered just a regular RES. I got an email to confirm If I wanted an extra Ultra RES right away before the order was processed. They switched it out for the proper RES for the Apex Ultra.

Now thoughts. I haven't been using a mod for a while now. I got really fustrated with my GGTS and first gen AVS and quit vaping.

I decided to try quitting smoking analogs again and got a cheap GoGo kit that works okay. As a result I decided to upgrade and try the APEX.

No matter what I did I couldn't get this thing to not burn the atomizers. I was using the original provided 2 atomizers as well as a few LR 306's I got in addition from another vendor. I would have to pretty much drown the atomizer to not get burning. I would get one good hit or two before I'd get the burning again and have to suck without hitting the switch to drown it again.
Clearly drowning the atomizer can't be the right way to go I'm getting fluid all over the place. So first help question is just how to get this set up right. I've followed the manual several times over and over and tried many atomizers to no avail.

2nd problem is the switch. I don't know what I"m doing wrong but I"m getting very fustrated with the switch. I'm having a great deal of difficulty sliding the switch.
Thoughts?

I would greatly appreciate some help so I don't just trash this thing.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
So I picked up an Apex Ultra with RES and I have to say that the customer service is truly outstanding.

I had ordered an extra RES but initially I was back and forth if I wanted an Ultra so I had ordered just a regular RES. I got an email to confirm If I wanted an extra Ultra RES right away before the order was processed. They switched it out for the proper RES for the Apex Ultra.

Now thoughts. I haven't been using a mod for a while now. I got really fustrated with my GGTS and first gen AVS and quit vaping.

I decided to try quitting smoking analogs again and got a cheap GoGo kit that works okay. As a result I decided to upgrade and try the APEX.

No matter what I did I couldn't get this thing to not burn the atomizers. I was using the original provided 2 atomizers as well as a few LR 306's I got in addition from another vendor. I would have to pretty much drown the atomizer to not get burning. I would get one good hit or two before I'd get the burning again and have to suck without hitting the switch to drown it again.
Clearly drowning the atomizer can't be the right way to go I'm getting fluid all over the place. So first help question is just how to get this set up right. I've followed the manual several times over and over and tried many atomizers to no avail.

2nd problem is the switch. I don't know what I"m doing wrong but I"m getting very fustrated with the switch. I'm having a great deal of difficulty sliding the switch.
Thoughts?

The switch problem I can help you with. The way it works is the less force you use to move the switch the easier it is. The harder you push against it the harder it will be for it to slide up and down. One thing you can try doing is taking the supplied cape cod metal polishing cloth and wiping down the inside of the main body. DO NOT wipe down the sleeve itself. That will help with the friction and easyness of the slide.

As for why your atomizers are burning up I am not sure. I wil talk with Mark and Noah and see what they think about it and get back to you. Just wanted to post this real quick to let you know I'm working on an answer and not just leaving you hanging. Try the advice on the switch and see how that helps and I will be back with an answer as soon as I find one out.

Cheers,
Tony

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com

Thoughts?

I have sent you a PM.

jliu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
california, USA
Update

I had put this in a shelf and didn't bother to take advantage of the awesome customer service. Well my GoGo was taken by a friend the other night and instead of going back to cigs, I tried again to get the apex to work.

Just wanted to say I got this to work and its working very well. I believe it had to do with the all the excess material on the threads. After cleaning them extensively I no longer have that horrible taste.

As to the switch ... I've polished a few times and its working much better. I think with some more polishing and breaking it it will be working perfectly.

Thanks again Innovapor!

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Update

I had put this in a shelf and didn't bother to take advantage of the awesome customer service. Well my GoGo was taken by a friend the other night and instead of going back to cigs, I tried again to get the apex to work.

Just wanted to say I got this to work and its working very well. I believe it had to do with the all the excess material on the threads. After cleaning them extensively I no longer have that horrible taste.

As to the switch ... I've polished a few times and its working much better. I think with some more polishing and breaking it it will be working perfectly.

Thanks again Innovapor!

Good to hear that you got it working. With a little more breaking in I think you will find it will be one of your favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread