Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
chicopee ma
Ok I woke up this morning all set to put my dual coil on my one still working Riva battery-and grr-that one is dead too! My 901 charger is also kaput. there is a place kinda close to my house that sells a 901 pass through-I have some kr808d cartos and a 901-808 adapter. Will that set up work until i can get a new riva battery?

Thanks

ClayK

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
VA
Dual-coil cartos will pull more amperage, sometimes more than standard battery setups can handle (at least in a sustained time frame). Put it bluntly, they will punish a battery that's not really designed for that type of load. I wouldn't use the 510 batteries with a dual coil, they won't handle it very well.

The adapter work up and work around may work, the passthrough.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
This is from the Madvapes website. Not saying that this is why your Riva batteries died, but simply pointing this out as a "buyer beware."

"Please note that these are not sutiable for eGo, 510, 901 or mosfet driven type batteries. These are meant to be used with 3.7 volt mods with a switch capable of handling 2 or more amps. Simple testing shows that although these are low resistance, they work wonderfully on 5 and 6 volt devices. Your results may vary and the protection circuits on some batteries at higher voltages may see these as a short and not work."

MadmanMacguyver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Dallas Texas
Going under 2 ohms on any mosfet type switching system is asking for trouble...they are simply not meant for the punishment...not to say it won't work but the abuse will drastically shorten the lifespan of your device.I'm surprised anyone gets very far w those cartos at all on a mosfet system...they would carry more current due to the second coil...sort of a double whammy there...good luck, hope you make it till your next order...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread