Help with sub ohm decision....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandog2500

Feb 13, 2015
CT
Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some input on exploring sub ohm market. I having trouble deciding what to buy.I currently using an istick 30w with a nautilus mini tank for my every day vaporizer. But..... I am split between the ego one and the kanger sub tank mini for my next venture. What would be the better investment? I like the ego because its small, I would have a second battery besides my istick, and it appears that I can use the ego tank on my istick. On the other hand, the sub tank comes with the both the pre made coil and a rebuildable coil???? I think? And I could possible use the sub tank on a mod in the future. Im confused. I need guidance.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I don't know the Ego 1 but do know the Kanger Subtank. I use that as my on the road and moving around vape. I was amazed how well it did. It's also easy to rebuild the heads. So far I"ve been able to us pretty high VG juice in it. Seems to do IMO best with nothing higher than 50-50. But it works OK with lower VG. I just like the clouds of higher VG. LOL Just make sure you use good batteries and the mod will take .50 heads. FYI there is a 30 watt limit on the .5 head and 25 watt on the other. Hope this helps.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The Kanger Subtank Mini is a great tank, and fits the size of an iStick 30 perfectly.(holds more juice than a "mini" designation would indicate) I personally prefer building my coils for it at 1.2Ω, but have tried it at 0.5Ω. With the boost the iStick is capable of, a sub-ohm coil seems unnecessary. The Subtank allows you to try both, and the iStick makes it simple.

The eGo 1 would be small but it does not appear to have any variable voltage, boost circuit. You're stuck with whatever wattage is dependent on the resistance of your coil. A second iStick 30 may be a better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread