Help with my 18650 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madcaprym

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA. US
I just bought a brand new 18650 liion battery for my mod from MV and I'm using this charger, the battery barely fits. I charged my batt today after using it once and now it's dead! The charger is indicating it's fully charged with a green led, (red when charging). Is this charger ok to use to charge my batts? Or do I need to buy a new one? Please help! Thank you

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313301633.341070.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313301633.341070.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 39
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313301762.141312.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313301762.141312.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 30
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313301849.872478.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313301849.872478.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 31
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313301934.072139.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313301934.072139.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 34

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
That is the AD-103 charger. It is A-OK fine for your 18650 and will charge a 3.7v battery to 4.2v. I have two of them.

The suggestion to rotate your battery in the charger a little and see if the light turns red is a good suggestion. sometimes the negative side doesn't make proper contact with some batteries because it tilts towards the positive side a bit and can catch on the outer wrapper of an 18650.

It could either be a bad battery or a contact problem in your PV... Testing the battery with a multimeter would be your best bet to figure out which.

Madcaprym

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA. US
That is the AD-103 charger. It is A-OK fine for your 18650 and will charge a 3.7v battery to 4.2v. I have two of them.

The suggestion to rotate your battery in the charger a little and see if the light turns red is a good suggestion. sometimes the negative side doesn't make proper contact with some batteries because it tilts towards the positive side a bit and can catch on the outer wrapper of an 18650.

It could either be a bad battery or a contact problem in your PV... Testing the battery with a multimeter would be your best bet to figure out which.
THANK YOU! I Knew this charger would work!! yeah, I will check it with a meter when i get home, the mod is fine because the other batt works perfect. I rotating the batt and nothing. I think the batt is dead. I left the battery charging for a long time while I slept ( i work night shift.) I am gonna buy a new one though. I see what you mean about not making contact with the neg side, will check again, it just stinks because the batt and charger are new. I am charging my other good battery right now and it is working fine on this charger!?

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I think the batt is dead. I left the battery charging for a long time while I slept ( i work night shift.) I am gonna buy a new one though. I see what you mean about not making contact with the neg side, will check again, it just stinks because the batt and charger are new. I am charging my other good battery right now and it is working fine on this charger!?

The trustfires are usually pretty good batteries (not top of the line, but generally reliable), but now and then there will be one with a bad cell. It happens. Your other post is in the right place if it turns out to be a bad battery.

How do you like that goldrush so far? I've had a couple of those and ended up trading them, but I'll probably get another one (wouldn't have traded if I hadn't gotten the better end of the deal both times). It's a nice looking mod and they always worked well for me. The only negative I could come up with is the material. I live where it can get to be 30 below zero (and colder) pretty easily, and acrylic can get pretty brittle from 10 below on down. I was afraid of hitting a hard surface or dropping it, so I didn't carry those in the winter.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Love the Gold rush! I would love to try a rough stack, you tried them before? I think the blue lightning mod is cool. When the heck are they going to be in stock? Thanks for your help. Im just going to order some more batts and a better charger (TrustFire TR-001) i think.

I have three rough stacks. Those are my go-to mods. Some of my work is very physical and sometimes even a little dangerous. I tend to get banged around. The rough stacks are durable and reliable.

I also have a TR-001. At 500 mah, it is quite a lot faster charging than the AD-11 and it handles two batteries at once. - My only complaint with that charger is that it is incapable of charging any two of my AW IMR batteries at the same time. It will charge my BDL and my MNKE IMRs, but if I put any two AW IMRs I have one it, it will only charge one of them and after a while, it emits a high pitched squeal like a capacitor charging, but it never stops like a capacitor does. It will do them one at a time though.

The blue lightening is the nicest looking acrylic mod I've seen. A guy I work with has one. The only thing I don't like is that it is a substantial sized tube but only holds a 14500. It's a lot smaller than the gold rush, but it's still pretty big and its size would make you think it should take a bigger battery. The positive side of that is the weight. It's a lot lighter than the goldrush because of the smaller battery, and as I already said, the smaller size of the mod itself. The goldrush is really big, but even though it's a lot smaller than the goldrush, the blue lightening is pretty big too, but it's a substantial weight difference if you're carrying it around for the day.

Madcaprym

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA. US
I wish I could figure out a way to use my expensive triton eq charger that charges any battery made. I use it for my lipos , I fly big rc helicopters! There has to be someone that has used this with a certain adapter for 18650 batts?! It charges li ion batts, nimh, lipos!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313380371.295445.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313380371.295445.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread