• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Help with International Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Hey Everyone,

I need a little help. I started a contest here on ECF, giving away 50ml of ejuice, and a $20.00 gift certificate, but if someone internationally wins the contest, I have no clue how to ship things out from here in Canada.

Has anyone had experience with this? I am told I need to get/fill out customs forms and such. I want to have everything ready to go by Saturday so I Can toss it in the mail Monday Morning, worry-free. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks, Canada!

sparky604

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Surrey, BC
Head to the post office with the thing already sealed in a box. They will provide you a customs form that makes you declare what's in the box (just be vague; will PM you something you can use as a description) and a declared value. They tell you your total, you pay it, they sticker your box and take it away for delivery.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Head to the post office with the thing already sealed in a box. They will provide you a customs form that makes you declare what's in the box (just be vague) and a declared value. They tell you your total, you pay it, they sticker your box and take it away for delivery.

Awesome! Thanks for a quick reply. Can it be any box? Or does it have to be a special post one?

Last edited:

sparky604

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Surrey, BC
It's a lot easier to go to the post office and have the worker do it for you, than to try and figure it out online - if you don't ship all that often then it's very arcane and weird.

You'll need a cardboard box a bit bigger than the juices; put them in a ziploc bag or two, stuff the excess empty space with newspaper or bubble wrap, and then packing tape the box shut. Use a small box if you can; you get charged on the box weight and dimensions.

sparky604

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Surrey, BC
No need for special box - just something sturdy would work fine. A bubble mailer might work as well but I'd think a box would be sturdier. Canada Post will sell you a box, but you'd have to buy it, take it away and package your thing, and then return. I re-use boxes that my vaping supplies arrive in. As long as it's sturdy enough that you could throw it and not worry about the juice inside, it should be OK.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
No need for special box - just something sturdy would work fine. A bubble mailer might work as well but I'd think a box would be sturdier. Canada Post will sell you a box, but you'd have to buy it, take it away and package your thing, and then return. I re-use boxes that my vaping supplies arrive in. As long as it's sturdy enough that you could throw it and not worry about the juice inside, it should be OK.

Awesome stuff, can't wait to get this out there to the lucky winner. Thanks so much for the info

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
:lol: love the analogy

I shipped off some eGo accessories to New York last week from Canada, I just picked up a prepaid Xpresspost USA envelope, you just have to fill out the form that's on the envelope. Description "eGo stuff" :) It got to its destination just fine 3 days later.

Pack it like you would pack it for a 600 pound gorilla dropping it from 10 stories and it SHOULD arrive safely, but no bets.
:blink:

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
For 50ml of juice and a gift certificate, simply take it to your post office. They have pre-paid bubble mailers that will suit your purpose. Just Ziploc the juice so it doesn’t soak the gift certificate if broken.

You don’t have to worry about Canada Customs stopping anything on the way out, but you do need to worry about the customs of the country you are shipping to.

International shipping is either slow or expensive, and sometimes both, no way around that. It may cost you more to ship what you have suggested than it is worth, unless you trust it going untracked regular mail.

You might want to consider limiting your contest to Canada. For example we don’t ship to the larger US market due to shipping hassles.

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
doesn't matter if it's xpresspost or plain expedited you get insuance (up to $100 value) and tracking.

Right but they are close in price. There is the regular post option (brown paper wrap and stamps ;) ) like family in the US would send Christmas presents. That is the only "cheap" option and that isn't tracked.

Katz123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Cloverdale, BC, Canada
Head to the post office with the thing already sealed in a box. They will provide you a customs form that makes you declare what's in the box (just be vague; will PM you something you can use as a description) and a declared value. They tell you your total, you pay it, they sticker your box and take it away for delivery.

Can you pm me the same info please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread