Status
Not open for further replies.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Hey everyone,
I just started using a ikenvape 510 cannon atty I got in the other day. When I first used it, I was getting a strange taste with it. So today I soaked it in everclear for about an hour, blew it out, and let it dry. Now I have it filled, and it took quite a bit of juice. It works ok, but still maybe tastes a little weird and idk just isn't really performing. Most attys I use are bridgeless, so is it the bridge thats throwing it off? Has anyone debridged these for better performance? Any tips or anything?
Thanks,
dDubs

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
Apologize that you still haven't gotten a clear answer. The problem that you are experiencing right now might be due to the type of wicking material used.

I'm sure that it isn't primer fluid since IKV doesn't use it in any of their atomizers. Also, cannons are 801's with 510 connections. So, they perform differently than what you might be used to with other threaded atomizers. You might have to undergo a learning curve or find that it's not for you.

801's need to be fed differently. They'll require a drop or two extra compared to a 510. The draw is a bit airier compared to others just to give you an example of the overall differences.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
thanks for the answer, I had given up on the thread lol. I got an answer from isaac in the ikv forum, and I have got it running pretty good. Not sure if its normal, but the first two or maybe three puffs after dripping are good, but I've learned that I have to take at least 2-3 more before I can re-drip to prevent flooding. Its working good, not great, and I don't think I'll get another, but it does the job. I just started an i06, 1.8ohm. Its tasting a little weird right now, but I'm assuming its the break-in, and the taste will come out after I use it some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread