Help! Stuck tank section on a Rose V2 atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

bortonia

Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hello! I just bought a 2nd hand Rose V2 atty because I loved my first one so much. However, when this new one arrived, the bottom tank section had been screwed down so tightly to the base that I CAN'T get it off.

this happened to me with my original Rose, but I was able to remove the locking ring section and gently unscrew the base using a flat knife against the inside edge of the delrin insulator on the bottom. After that I've been careful to only finger tighten and not crank the tank down onto the base!

however this new Rose, I can't get the base tank section off! I have tried everything. Heating the metal, chilling the metal, my old flat knife trick, unscrewing the pieces with grippy gloves on, you name it.

This atty arrived already built so I really need to release this tank piece so i can access the screws in the base to remove it and rebuild. I actually sliced my poor thumb open last night trying to get it off. I'm hoping a wise Rose user has some other tips and tricks up their sleeve so I can get this baby up and running.

Heres a pic of the pieces that won't release:

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread