Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
^^ this.

Why would you think it has to do with the mod? Anyone?
Most tanks have difficulty vaporizing 100% vg unless it has been diluted with either distilled water or Pg, either by the manufacturer or the user. The viscosity of 100% vg inhibits tank wicking.

However, you can easily vape 100% vg on a dripper, as you are continually adding fresh e-liquid to the wick/coil after several puffs.

I was merely commenting earlier that the iStick 50 watt model has had a lot of issues. The dry hits the OP is experiencing is likely due to his liquids being too thick.

Mogar

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Dallas TX
I love the "jump to conclusions because someone had an issue that I read once" theory...
I use a Subtank (3 of them both OCC and RBA) and the only dry hits I get are user error.

I have a group of folks (vapers and store owners) I get with twice a month and we have gone over the istick 50w a few times, the store owners bringing in the "faulty" ones that they have come across. To date the issues are below...
- Juice in the mod (yes the floating pin does allow juice to go in if you don't keep it clean)
- Dropped (the engineer in the group can usually point these out by reviewing the chip and seeing if they were jarred or if they were burnt out)
- Overheating by using the mod incorrectly.
- there has been one out of the 30 or so that we have seen that was probably a "factory defect" and this had to do with a mass produced sodder point.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have a group of folks (vapers and store owners) I get with twice a month and we have gone over the istick 50w a few times, the store owners bringing in the "faulty" ones that they have come across. To date the issues are below...
- Juice in the mod (yes the floating pin does allow juice to go in if you don't keep it clean)
- Dropped (the engineer in the group can usually point these out by reviewing the chip and seeing if they were jarred or if they were burnt out)
- Overheating by using the mod incorrectly.
- there has been one out of the 30 or so that we have seen that was probably a "factory defect" and this had to do with a mass produced sodder point.
Thanks for providing your input on the iStick 50 problems.

The issue I have is that to the best of my knowledge, the manufacturer has not yet addressed these problems, as if these numerous incidents never happened. If they have been caused because of user error, they need to address this issue by posting them on their website for their customers. In this day and age, manufacturers and vendors can not depend upon a consumer's common sense.

Also, what the heck happened to the protection circuitry in this model? No regulated mod should ever overheat, autofire, or change power settings spontaneously. These units use a Li-Poly battery, which is not safe chemistry; so if the battery vents it will vent with flames.

The very fact that these issues have happened exclusively with the iStick 50 alarms me that it has serious quality control issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread