Status
Not open for further replies.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
So I have been tasked with finding a simple to use set-up for a 2-3 pack a day smoker who is not computer literate or tech friendly. Some requirements are.
1) Able to be charged internally
2) tank must not leak
3)Coil must last a decent amount of time.
4) tight draw like a cigarette
So basically a beginner set-up for someone that wants point and shoot convenience.
Don't judge, this gentleman suffered a loss and is just in need of a simple device so that he can quit smoking and start living again.
I am thinking 20-30 watts and I will probably set him up with some unflavored and honey flue cured @18 mg to start. But I am not sure about the tank. Probably MTL. Any ideas

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
nautilus 2 for the tank? does mtl rather well. thinking about getting another.
oh, and no judging.

These are pretty much fill it up and vape it. $8.50 plus shipping from China around $14 total.

black joyetech ego one ct xl kit (2200mah)

The Penguins are also not bad if you can find one cheap. Hold a lot of ejuice too.

Try one of those pod mods for him. Some people are getting along well with those and it sounds like it will be the easiest thing you can get him.

This one gets good reviews

Suorin Air Starter Kit
I think back 7 years ago when I 1st tried with a cigalike and then moved up to an ego set-up because the cigalike wasn't enough. His sister has bought him the Ego type at the grocery store and he was not a fan. I was wondering if maybe a more DL set-up wouldn't be better for him. I am not sure he would like the pod type. The Ego 1 may work. I was wondering about some of the Vaporessos too. A removable battery with balanced charging?

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
I think back 7 years ago when I 1st tried with a cigalike and then moved up to an ego set-up because the cigalike wasn't enough. His sister has bought him the Ego type at the grocery store and he was not a fan. I was wondering if maybe a more DL set-up wouldn't be better for him. I am not sure he would like the pod type. The Ego 1 may work. I was wondering about some of the Vaporessos too. A removable battery with balanced charging?
i couldn't quit with an mtl setup though i enjoy it now. dtl, for me, is much more satisfying and is what enabled me to wave goodbye to tobacco.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
The only part of my first gear that I liked was the istick 30w. Had 2 of them so one was always charged.
That's what I was just thinking, only thinking about the Pico 25, but I don't know how the tank is. I am sure he would like a tank that could be MTL but can be DL with open airflow. Poor guy lost his only daughter and her unborn child in a drowning a few months ago.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
i couldn't quit with an mtl setup though i enjoy it now. dtl, for me, is much more satisfying and is what enabled me to wave goodbye to tobacco.
When I quit there only were MTL available. Cigalike to an ego battery was big step.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
When I quit there only were MTL available. Cigalike to an ego battery was big step.

If your wanting to get him something with an internal battery I'd go for the aspire zelos.. people really seem to like those a lot.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
Aspire Zelos 50W Starter Kit (Nautilus 2 Tank and Zelos 50W Box Mod)

You can get it cheaper in China, but Aspire has some weird set up with the Chinese companies. You can only pay in bit coins or you have to get a gift card.

It has an above ohm coil with it that I use at 9 watts. Also has a sub ohm coil in kit and goes to 50 watts. Nautilus 2 tank.

In my opinion the easiest, most dependable, and versatile kit on the market for beginners.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
That's what I was just thinking, only thinking about the Pico 25, but I don't know how the tank is. I am sure he would like a tank that could be MTL but can be DL with open airflow. Poor guy lost his only daughter and her unborn child in a drowning a few months ago.

I've heard the melo tanks that come with those picos are leaky..

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
I've heard the melo tanks that come with those picos are leaky..
i've had 4 melo tanks...one of them was indeed leaky but the rest (2 x 4ml & 1 x 2ml) were solid. still have a soft spot for the pico

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
Innokin Endura T18 / Innokin Endura T22 / Aspire Zelos...Draw back on the Enduras is the batteries are fixed at 14 watts but I love the tanks and prefer them over the N2 mostly because they're much easier to fill and in IMHO have better flavor...The "Air Flow" isn't adjustable but is fixed for a perfect MTL hit for me...The coils on the Enduras seem to last me forever and I vape really sweet flavors...For mods I use the Aspire Zelos and several eLeaf iSticks (30 & 40)...I also use a Kanger TopTank Mini on occasion...None of my T18/T22 tanks have ever leaked...

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
I have 2 nautilus 2 tanks, one with a zelos (bought the kit), and I have an innokin coolfire pebble (small, very small, great battery).

I recommend the N2 with 1.8 coils. The coils have lasted me 2 weeks on average, and can have a very tight draw like a cig.

When filling the N2, there is a learning curve to prevent leaking. Don’t fill it too high (lower than the manual states, imo), don’t tighten the “bell” on the base too tight, turn it upside down for those last few turns, etc.

Everything with the tank is easy, so farc so good.

Even a nautilus original, 5ml, might be nice for him. Filling less is a good thing, and I’ve never had mine leak at all. It uses the same coils so I have both.

Good luck!

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I haven't found the Mello tanks to leak but the Pico 25 comes with the Ello tank that has the same topfill as the Smok tanks. Looks to be a leak waiting to happen I am thinking the Zelos with nautilaus2 is the way to go for him for now. Thanks everyone, I'm going to shop around and get it ordered.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I haven't found the Mello tanks to leak but the Pico 25 comes with the Ello tank that has the same topfill as the Smok tanks. Looks to be a leak waiting to happen I am thinking the Zelos with nautilaus2 is the way to go for him for now. Thanks everyone, I'm going to shop around and get it ordered.
Meg has the Ello tank, for about 2m now, and zero leaks or issues. She likes the included coils and she is getting very good coil life.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Aspire Zelos 50W Starter Kit (Nautilus 2 Tank and Zelos 50W Box Mod)

You can get it cheaper in China, but Aspire has some weird set up with the Chinese companies. You can only pay in bit coins or you have to get a gift card.

It has an above ohm coil with it that I use at 9 watts. Also has a sub ohm coil in kit and goes to 50 watts. Nautilus 2 tank.

In my opinion the easiest, most dependable, and versatile kit on the market for beginners.
Does the tank give plenty of Vapor and flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread