Help Needed - OP Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnipshoe

Jul 6, 2015
India
So Ive been using a P3 threaded Kabuki for the past few months and am well aware of the issues that others have faced with the paper gap and coil not making a proper connection in some cases. Mine was working just fine until last night when i refilled the e-liquid (also to be clear i use 50/50 or 70/30 pg/vg and not high vg liquids). P3 constantly shows OP message. I changed and tried with 7-8 different new coils. Now even a 510 threaded Aspire Nautilus shows the same message.

Tried both the tanks on a friend's device and both tanks work just fine.

So I did the cleaning of the positive connection on the P3 again as shown on the PBusardo video (scraping it gently with a paper clip and then shining it with a q tip dipped in isopropyl alcohol). Changed batteries a few times but still won't work. Im at my wits end with this now.

Shipping it to provape all the way from India and getting it back is a very lengthy and tedious process plus our customs are quite infamous for harassment on e cig related stuff.

Any suggestions on what I could do?

Thanks in advance.Cheers.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
So Ive been using a P3 threaded Kabuki for the past few months and am well aware of the issues that others have faced with the paper gap and coil not making a proper connection in some cases. Mine was working just fine until last night when i refilled the e-liquid (also to be clear i use 50/50 or 70/30 pg/vg and not high vg liquids). P3 constantly shows OP message. I changed and tried with 7-8 different new coils. Now even a 510 threaded Aspire Nautilus shows the same message.

Tried both the tanks on a friend's device and both tanks work just fine.

So I did the cleaning of the positive connection on the P3 again as shown on the PBusardo video (scraping it gently with a paper clip and then shining it with a q tip dipped in isopropyl alcohol). Changed batteries a few times but still won't work. Im at my wits end with this now.

Shipping it to provape all the way from India and getting it back is a very lengthy and tedious process plus our customs are quite infamous for harassment on e cig related stuff.

Any suggestions on what I could do?

Thanks in advance.Cheers.

Have you contacted ProVape? The 510 connector floats and may have gotten pushed down a little. If so, they could tell you how to pull it up. I think mine is pushed down. My favorite RTA has pushed down the connector in other devices and I think it did it to my P3. I tried a KFL on the P3 last night and it showed OP. The KFL fired fine on a mini and a Radius, so I think it's the P3.

turnipshoe

Jul 6, 2015
India
My tanks are working just fine on other P3s so its mine. Even i suspect its something to do with the contact pin. Did write to provape and got an email back within a few hours (points to provape for speedy reply). il quote their solution, but didn't work for me.

"
Krys, Dec 7, 12:13 PM:

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear there is a problem with your P3!

We're finding the OP error is coming up because of a couple of things. One cause is when the tank or coil gets overly tightened. What's happening is that the red o-ring, that sits in the top cap, gets pushed up and out essentially preventing any connection with the tank.

Our repair team does have a fix for this if you'd like to give it a try. What I would suggest is removing the 510 connection and beauty ring. You should be able to then press down on that o-ring with a fingernail to help get it back into place under the firing pin.

Have you tried using a 510 tank as well?

If so, do you experience the same problem?

Please advise! :)

Warmest Regards,"

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
A quick search for O-ring in the P3 thread yielded these:

^^When questioned regarding how he knew the size ColdGin replied that he got the info from Provape customer service.

Another member posted that they gently pulled up the pin to allow it to make contact:

Is the Sophia screwed down as far as it will go?

If it is, then the positive pin might have been squashed down by the previous owner. A relative recently got a new gun metal p3 and it wasn't firing anything, I discovered she had cranked a Subtank with the RBA right down causing the pin to squash down and not pop up again. The O-ring around the pin had been squished.

I took off the 510 and beauty ring (both top caps) and gently pushed the pin from one side, then the other with a screwdriver (pushing at an upwards angle) , the Oring popped back in to place as soon as the pin was high enough again.

Makes sense it is not even making a connection with the positive pin if its showing the question marks, they will change as soon as you've had a vape and it decides how much battery you have left.

Wishing you the best of luck in getting your issue sorted out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread