Help! My brand new SB won't fire :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
IA
My husband and I received our Silver Bullets on Saturday. They were both working fine with rcr123a batteries. Today, I put a charged, brand new protected Ultrafire 18650 in mine and it won't fire. Tried the rcr123s again, nothing. Tried swapping the top half of mine with the bottom half of my husbands, nothing. Tried cleaning the atty connector, etc. I've sent an email to Rob through the contact us on the website.

Any suggestions of something I can try? Or is the switch shot and I'll have to send it back? :(

Oh, and for reference - I've tried it with 510 cartomizers and KR808 Turbos with adapter. Both of which work on my husband's SB, but not mine.

Last edited:

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
My husband and I received our Silver Bullets on Saturday. They were both working fine with rcr123a batteries. Today, I put a charged, brand new protected Ultrafire 18650 in mine and it won't fire. Tried the rcr123s again, nothing. Tried swapping the top half of mine with the bottom half of my husbands, nothing. Tried cleaning the atty connector, etc. I've sent an email to Rob through the contact us on the website.

Any suggestions of something I can try? Or is the switch shot and I'll have to send it back? :(
It is doubtfull the switch is at fault. What adapter are you using on it? Noticing that you said cr123 batts, I am assuming you are using a 801 or 901.

Reread post after edit:
You need to be carefull when putting atomizers on, you only need to snug them. With the several different companies manufacturing the atomizers now there are several that are out of spec. If the contact is longer than is is supposed to be if can push the center contact downward causing it not to make contact or ground out. If it grounds out it will do two things: 1. Trip the protection circuit of the battery 2. Colapse the spring due to high current.
You can try to pull the center post up a bit with a paperclip or small flatblade screwdriver. Just remember this, if you break it you have lost nothing. If it works you avoid sending it back to me for repair.

Last edited:

spiritv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
IA
It is doubtfull the switch is at fault. What adapter are you using on it? Noticing that you said cr123 batts, I am assuming you are using a 801 or 901.

Reread post after edit:
You need to be carefull when putting atomizers on, you only need to snug them. With the several different companies manufacturing the atomizers now there are several that are out of spec. If the contact is longer than is is supposed to be if can push the center contact downward causing it not to make contact or ground out. If it grounds out it will do two things: 1. Trip the protection circuit of the battery 2. Colapse the spring due to high current.
You can try to pull the center post up a bit with a paperclip or small flatblade screwdriver. Just remember this, if you break it you have lost nothing. If it works you avoid sending it back to me for repair.

Thanks Chad, we'll try this.

spiritv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
IA

Reread post after edit:

Thank you thank you thank you! Hubby just fixed the pin, that was exactly the problem. Thanks for the fast response and help, I owe you a beer. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread