Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2009
breaking my refresh button
Hi,

The husband and I both have Lavatubes and generally find our sweet spot for juices is around 4.2v using 2.8-3.0 clearos.

- First issue: Really not a fan of cartos and usually prefer Ce2's. Can a good carto tank give the same warm vape of a Ce2? Can you completely avoid burning the filler with a carto tank? Has anyone put a standard xl clearomizer in a sub tank?

- If a clearomizer won't work, I've been hearing good things about kanger cartos. Has anyone tried these in a sub tank?

- What information is there about the grommets and o-rings and plastic leaching, etc. Do we have any idea of the material and their compatibility with ecig juice?

- Pop mentioned new tubing that might stand up to citrus and cinnamon juices better. Is this available now? I'm pretty sure that I'll end up on some type of warm cinnamon for one of my all day vapes, not the atomic type cinnamon.

Thanks in advance for your help.:vapor:

Edit: Will we need a 510 to 510 to use these on a lavatube?

Foggy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2009
breaking my refresh button
We've done it with other tanks and the plastic tube clearos. It does work, but not perfectly. Come to think of it, I think I've seen Ce2 cartos that are steel. Cue light bulb!

I like the screw fill of the sub tank, and it sounds like they've gotten the o-rings right, which is critical imo for a tank to hold together and not leak. Very interested.

I've just bought so very many things so quickly, I'm trying to slow down a bit and make sure I've looked at new things from every angle before cha-ching! another credit card charge!

Last edited:

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Steel CE2's should be okay, but as I cannot get a CE2 to function adequately I gave up on them long before the Submarine tanks came out. Since the tank merely hold liquid in reserve and allows it to syphon in as needed, it should work just as well as a CE2 by itself would--though the plastic seems to be brittle enough I would suggest not using the clear ones :)

As far as working on the lavatube, if the CE2 works without an adapter then the tank shouldn't need one. If there is some kind of cup or something on the end, just move the bottom grommet up higher on the carto--just remember to punch the hole just above where the grommet will be :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread