Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
So I'm currently vaping an Altsmoke Alpha (14500) and and E-Power 14650, alternating using smoktek Dual Coil Clear Cartos and a Silver Torpedo mini-tank. But I'm looking for a little more OOMPH, so to speak, I wanna put some sizzle on my steak, put the pedal to the metal, I want more POWER. The two previous mods I had that supplied the power I liked were the little Chuck and the Silver Bullet (the best so far), but the size put me off. But I'm thinking of going back to an 18650 batt mod or a VV. So what I'm looking at so far are the Provari or a Precise Plus 18650 or 18500, but I'd like to keep it as small as possible (those dual coil clear cartos are long). Anyway, opinions would be appreciated, and feel free to mention other mods that I might not be thinking of. THanks all!
Oh, my budget is roughly $200 or so.

PsychOfMSE

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
Lexington, KY
MEGALODON!!!

Size + Power = WIN!

photo%2520%25281%2529.JPG

photo%2520%25282%2529.JPG

photo%2520%25284%2529.JPG

Can be vaped at 3.7v with one 18350 (by taking the sleeve out, you can see how small it is!).

Also accepts 18650s, a custom 4.8v battery (the green one in the picture), you can stack CR123As for 6v vaping and you can even stack 2 16340s for 7.4v vaping!

I was in the same boat as you, wanted more oomph but needed it to be a decent size. I tried my friend's GGTS, Darwin, and Provari and loved them, but they were either too big or just plain ugly (darwin)!

After 2 weeks of hardcore searching and figuring out my priorities in a PV I decided on a megalodon. In mini-don mode it's the perfect stealth vape for me at work and with the 4.8v batt in it's definitely my sweet spot.

Good luck!

Last edited:

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
love the provari, but it has a problem with dual coil cartomizers as it won't fire if you raise the voltage up too much.. it's a safety feature, but it's triggered a little too early because of the way dual coil cartomizers are built. i think i had 1.5 or 1.8ohm dual coils and they're about perfect at 5v.. but the provari wont let me fire it at that voltage

thankfully im not a carto user and the provari is what i use pretty much all day. i would suggest going the VV route, if what i mentioned bothers you, you can try the new Lava Tube VV Mod, or Buzz's Pro or Infinity

Reveen

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
South Dakota
If you buy a Provari now you can get in on the limited edition blue LCD and blue button. Just started offering them Sunday night. I ordered one(black chrome with extender cap) and it has already been shipped! That being said I've never even used one. But I know the Silver Bullet is awesome as its all I've been vaping for the past 3 weeks. It is hefty, but you get used to it very quickly.

cbehrendt

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Iowa
love the provari, but it has a problem with dual coil cartomizers as it won't fire if you raise the voltage up too much.. it's a safety feature, but it's triggered a little too early because of the way dual coil cartomizers are built. i think i had 1.5 or 1.8ohm dual coils and they're about perfect at 5v.. but the provari wont let me fire it at that voltage

thankfully im not a carto user and the provari is what i use pretty much all day. i would suggest going the VV route, if what i mentioned bothers you, you can try the new Lava Tube VV Mod, or Buzz's Pro or Infinity

This only applies if you use LR cartos. I can fire my provari at 6v with a 2.5 ohm carto no problem.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Love the suggestions so far, how about some suggestions for use with a torpedo tank, which uses a ce-2 cut carto?

How 'bout a GG Stealth?? ;-)

Seriously, I've got a Provari and love it for what it can do re: dialing in just the right voltage for that days atty/carto/juice combo - it really does work well. I use mine with a Liquinator tank and can go most of the day on one fill and one charge (18650). But, the Provari is definitely NOT stealthy by any stretch, esp with the tank on top - that Meglodon looks sweet though.

You might want to check into when they're gonna release the Reo VV - that might be a great set up.

And, don't forget about Evolv's upcoming 'Kick' module - will be able to turn any tube mod into a VV/VW device - not released yet.

The GG stuff has currently got me by the short hairs though - I just can't put it down, or stop trolling the classys for GG stuff, or stop polishing the damn thing....ohhhh, soooo shiny!!! I just think they're drop-dead-SEXY!

Good luck with your search!

chopperguys

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2011
south jersey NJ USA
PROVARI I'm new and just got one after reading and searching for hours for the price and reliability and warranty i went in for the kit got it before the sale also a smoktek tank and also all day no problem glad i didn't buy all the small ones then end up with a provari anyway btw just started on the 17th dropped the analogs that day and never looked back just spent a ton and hours of education right here thanks ecf

the empire is pretty versatile. can use a bunch of different batteries due to its telescopic ability

This would be great - if you can ever catch them in stock!

There's also the Roughstack V2, or the Maxi Roughstack. They have a bit of girth, though, but not bad. I've never owned a SB (yet), so can't really compare the size, but the RS is very affordable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread