Help me, I'm in over my head in a cloud of sometimes foul vapor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudsinCrowds

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
United States
Hahah. I'll pass along to my husband that I have GAS. He'll die laughing :) and yea, I think you guys created a monster that my local shop couldn't bring out lol

Happy to hear that! vape gear cravings are good. Embrace them until your wallete...well purse or your husbands wallete cant deal with it :p

Nautiboy1279

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Ridge NY
Suggest away, please! I thought the nautilus only had the 1.6 or 1.8 ohm head, I'm again showing my ignorance.

Do I need to wait for the tank to be empty before changing ohm heads? I am using the smallest air flow hole, and it still seems loose? To draw, I'm guessing just a difference between the vivi nova and the nautilus, but would trying the 1.6 would increase my resistance? Or the 2.4 would increase he resistance?

To give you a quick understanding of how to know the best ohm coil FOR YOU, on your Provari, simply download the ohms law app onto your smart phone. It asks you for two values out of 4 fields (volts, amps, ohms, and watts), and populates the rest for you. So lets see what happens if we want to vape that 1.8 coil on the provari with the voltage set to 3.7.

Voltage = 3.7
Ohms = 1.8

Once those values are entered, the Amp field and Watts field self populate with the following values:

Amps: 2.055556
Watts: 7.605556

Now the Amp limit for the Provari is 5, and the Watt limit is 15. So the above shows your good to go. But maybe you want to bump up the voltage a bit. Lets say you try to go up to 5.2 voltage with that 1.8ohm coil. Once the voltage value of 5.2 is entered into the volts field, and 1.8 is entered into the ohms field, you get the following values for amps and watts:

Amps: 2.888889
Watts: 15.022222

Your fine on the Amps as Provari's limit is 5, but Provari's limit on Watts is 15, so you will get the good ol' "E4" error when you try to vape at this voltage. But bump down to 5.1 volts on the provari and your good to go.

The reason it was suggested to go to a 2.2, is because you can have a little more free range on your Provari's wattage selection and go up a bit higher, likely up to a 5.7 or so, and Provari goes to 6. So you will have a bit more freedom until you get an error message. But does that necessarily mean a 1.8 coil vaped at a 5.1 is not as good as a 2.2 at 5.7? No! It does not mean this but you are creating .3 more Watts or so with the 2.2 coil at 5.7 than the 1.8 ohm at 5.1. Probably not significant enough to see much of a difference.

Hopefully you understood all this and are not confused. Ask questions if you are because this is the key to great vaping and safety, especially when rebuilding.

Last edited:

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
The Provari will be a good device for you so congrats on that decision. As far as what topper you might like, my suggestions are a Kanger Aerotank (don't know which size would be best with Provari but the Mega might be a good fit) or a carto tank set up. Carto tanks are fairly easy to manage once you get the filling technique down (not that hard but it takes a bit of practice). The Aerotank is basically a clearomizer with heads you replace as they wear out. Both are popular. Both have good reviews as far as performance.

VexedMali

Jun 5, 2014
USA
To give you a quick understanding of how to know the best ohm coil FOR YOU, on your Provari, simply download the ohms law app onto your smart phone. It asks you for two values out of 4 fields (volts, amps, ohms, and watts), and populates the rest for you. So lets see what happens if we want to vape that 1.8 coil on the provari with the voltage set to 3.7.

Voltage = 3.7
Ohms = 1.8

Once those values are entered, the Amp field and Watts field self populate with the following values:

Amps: 2.055556
Watts: 7.605556

Now the Amp limit for the Provari is 5, and the Watt limit is 15. So the above shows your good to go. But maybe you want to bump up the voltage a bit. Lets say you try to go up to 5.2 voltage with that 1.8ohm coil. Once the voltage value of 5.2 is entered into the volts field, and 1.8 is entered into the ohms field, you get the following values for amps and watts:

Amps: 2.888889
Watts: 15.022222

Your fine on the Amps as Provari's limit is 5, but Provari's limit on Watts is 15, so you will get the good ol' "E4" error when you try to vape at this voltage. But bump down to 5.1 volts on the provari and your good to go.

The reason it was suggested to go to a 2.2, is because you can have a little more free range on your Provari's wattage selection and go up a bit higher, likely up to a 5.7 or so, and Provari goes to 6. So you will have a bit more freedom until you get an error message. But does that necessarily mean a 1.8 coil vaped at a 5.1 is not as good as a 2.2 at 5.7? No! It does not mean this but you are creating .3 more Watts or so with the 2.2 coil at 5.7 than the 1.8 ohm at 5.1. Probably not significant enough to see much of a difference.

Hopefully you understood all this and are not confused. Ask questions if you are because this is the key to great vaping and safety, especially when rebuilding.

Awesome!!!!!! Thank you! I have no interest (currently at least :)) to get into rebuilding. Great information from everyone, thank you again! My Provari comes in tomorrow so they say, fingers crossed! Can't wait to use it with my Nautilus tank I've been happily using the past day.

Nautiboy1279

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Ridge NY
Hey Dave. Thanks for the update there, the info I had received on that was through a covo directly with provape via email which convinced me to upgrade my unit. In the end I don't think it was really worth it because my electronics were "old and may not handle the new chip for long" so they replaced everything aside from the outer tube with my choice of color led for $70. But after trying to build a new coil setup after the upgrade, I wasn't too impressed. May sell it at this point. Got too used to the power of the mod and just ordered a Hana. So the provari is prob Gna collect dust lol. Maybe the tech support guy was wrong/typo. Not too sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread