help me choose my coils.

Hallowed Lexi

• Mar 12, 2023
    greetings, i open this post to help me choose what type of coils i can use in the blotto single coil, i recently left the commercial resistance records and decided that my 1st rta would be the one mentioned above and as i mentioned i don't know what type of thread to use because i don't want to waste my money, it should be noted that I know about ohm's law and the vg and pg issue, i have studied a lot before leaving the commercials but decided to vape in ni80 at .30 - .40 ohms so i watch to comments, sorry for my great text hahaha. i want full flavor and sweetness guys.

Last edited:

Hallowed Lexi

• Mar 12, 2023
    25AWG flat wire could be an option for you, as you can buy spools of that and wrap your own coils then.

You'll just need rods of 2.5mm and 3mm diameter, drill bits are the easiest to source for that.
    what type of coils can you use, examples alien, fraliens, fused clapton, and all the other existing ones, this is what I was referring to specifically. still appreciate the information brother, thx

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    I tend not to use complex coils myself, as they're difficult to clean and maintain.

So I use a mixture of round wire and flat wire, depending on the atomiser.

But like a lot of things, the only way you'll find what you like is through some trial and error. Tools on steam-engine.org can give you some ideas though.

• Useful
    Reactions: Hallowed Lexi

Hallowed Lexi

• Mar 12, 2023
    I tend not to use complex coils myself, as they're difficult to clean and maintain.

But like a lot of things, the only way you'll find what you like is through some trial and error. Tools on steam-engine.org can give you some ideas though.
    Thx bro for your tip

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023

For real just dry burn them :p but yea its prefference typ thing there is no right or wrong tbh

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    It depends on tank/mod and mtl or dl because a small mtl tank will get away fine with a thin simple round wire but if its a bigger tank and you like DL ill prob say to go for dual core fused claptons so it depends tell us your vaping setup and tank then they can help you pick coils better

Exactly, you've got to build to the atomiser and your preference.

Reactions: The60WattGUY

Hallowed Lexi

• Mar 12, 2023
    It depends on tank/mod and mtl or dl because a small mtl tank will get away fine with a thin simple round wire but if its a bigger tank and you like DL ill prob say to go for dual core fused claptons so it depends tell us your vaping setup and tank then they can help you pick coils better
    In my case, I'm looking for pure flavor, I'm not overly interested in steam production. I tell you that my tank is the blotto single coil and I really have a comparison between the blotto single coil with a 0.35 ohm alien and a 2021 geekvape z subohm tank I use it with the 0.4 ohm 50-60W z series.
    you know what? It has given me a better flavor and I find the nuances of the liquids better than the commercial coils than the artisanal coils and it should be noted that the artisanal ones that I have been using are the 0.35 ohm alien twiztedtimmys and the cotton is cotton bacon prime and I have customized the ato with more cotton, with less cotton, increase the height of the Coil

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Hmm, something with more mass and heat capacity can improve things.

But there is a limit due to airflow.

Also you'll want to try to increase surface area that's in contact with the wicking too.

So flat wire 0.2mm thick and multi-core complex wires are what you'll definitely be looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread