Help Identifying PCB Board Components - Dial-a-Volt

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaddigart

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Insomniville
So I had a couple of DaV 1300's die on me and like any curious person I took them apart. I'd like some help identifying the components on the board if any one can do this. I know the wires circled in red went to the potentiometer on the bottom, the ones circled in green the battery. The yellow circle is where I think a second black wire should be, as the top red one went to the connector.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have a much higher resolution image if needed as well.

Attachments

• DaV Board Sm.jpg
    DaV Board Sm.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
West GA
I am also pretty sure that you have your potentiometer and battery wires confused. Your board is nearly identical to to a ego c-twist that I have pulled apart. Instead of two blue wires, I have a red/yellow from the same locations on the board down to the potentiometer and then a short black wire to make the jump over to the inside of the tube.

kaddigart

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Insomniville
Ah, that makes sense. As far as I know they are identical (the ego Twist & DaV & Vision Spinner). You also answered a question I had about a flashlight mod I wanted to use it in, so thank you twice.

Edit: I pulled another apart (these things don't seem to last, between me and a friend we've had 6, only 2 of which still work) and managed to keep it all together (save the red wire at the narrow end):
View attachment 221095
One other thing; can you or any one else tell me what kind of battery this is? It's about 56mm +- by about 14mm, between a 14500 & 14650 lengthwise.
BatNo.jpg
I can find nothing on Google or Bing by searching the number except that it's manufactured in China. Big surprise there.

Edit: It is from a 1300mah Dial-a-Volt by the way

Last edited:

kaddigart

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Insomniville

kaddigart

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Insomniville
Thanks BigBaby, I've been trying to figure out that battery for some time now.

I would still like to know the functions of all the various components (e.g. the 2 "A72G" apparently attached to the button switch) and the meaning of the characters on the board itself if any one has the patience to explain it to a relative n00b.

Which is the booster?

I Googled them but had very little luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread