Help!! I NEED a completely organic 100%VG due to throat allergy/irritation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane1989

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
Hi everyone this is my first post on this form but I am and have been a very avid reader here for a little over a month. I am really hoping that someone here could help me out...

Again I have spent so much money on supplies and different ejuice leaving me with bottles of ejuice that I can never use and a big dent in my wallet and I just can't financially afford to keep buying more eliquid just to have it sit around unusable to me.

I am a menthol smoker and I need a menthol or mint flavor like peppermint, sparment I am looking for a completely organic eliquid that is 100% vg

So I started vaping a month ago and after a few days I got what I thought was a cold/flu or sinus infection. It started with my throat starting to get sore(felt like I was getting strep) then a bad headache along with an ear ache and I was really really tired sleeping almost the entire weekend. During that time I stopped vaping and they went away faster then they would if it was in fact a cold/flu. I did a few searches and found that quite a few other people have posted similar symptoms after starting vaping. So after I felt better I decided to try again to see if it was really from the eliquid vapor and sure enough after about 2 days my throat started getting really sore again so I stopped and a couple days later it went away. It seems like it's a reaction to something in the liquid that is either really irritating my throat or I'm actually allergic to something in it. Btw I didn't have any muscle aches that I read some say are attributed to high vg.

I have tried a couple brands of eliquid with different pg/vg ratios mainly 20/80(pg/vg) and I have tried 100% vg all with the same results. They have all been the 18mg nicotine level. I also have a regular ego battery, a vv ego, a protank 2, extra protank coils, ce4 clearomizers and again all with the same results and a sore throat.

So this is my last attempt trying to quit smoking with ecigs....

I have spent so much money on all the supplies and the liquid, I'm at the end of my rope and money for that matter with these. I want these to work for me so bad without getting sick because I really want to quit cigarettes and the first couple days of using the ecig I went from smoking a pack and a half down to about 3 cigarettes a day. I was so happy and thought I was really on the right track until I developed the reaction from it.

After doing very extensive reading on this forum I believe my only hope may be a 100% vg 100% organic eliquid to solve my irritation/allergy.

My questions for everyone are...

Has anyone else had the same symptoms I have and has switching to an organic eliquid solved their problems? And if so which brand worked for you?

I need a completely organic 100% vg ejuice. I smoke menthol ciggaretts and I really need a menthol or mint flavor like pepperment, spearmint, or wintergreen to get that throat hit and menthol rush as if I really were smoking ciggaretts. That being said that leaves out a few of the big names like virgin vapor and dripeez because they do not carry a mint/menthol ejuice or they do not carry a completely organic one.

I know there are many other sites I have been to that say they are organic but if you read the fine print only the flavoring is organic and I'm not interested in those or all natural eliquids.

So these are a few I am seriously trying to decided between based on their website and forum posts/reviews that some people swear on here. If you have any experience with any of these I would really appreciate your input here or if you can recommend another completely organic 100% vg ejuice I would really appreciate that also. Here they are:
Guilty pleasures organics
Free state vapor Kansas City
Velvet Vapors

Thank you so very much for taking the time to read my. post, I know it's a long one. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get here I'm just so frustrated right now

Thank you
Shane

Whatsername

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
UT, USA
Velvet Vapors peppermint is good from what I remember, but not very sweet. Also I'm pretty sure dripeez does have organic mints? Don't quote me on that, tho. Haven't tried them yet but they're next on my list.

EC Blends also has a good selection of organics you may want to look at too. Tried the spearmint and think I should have ordered it regular strength flavor instead of extra flavor. It's strong!

And as previously stated, Velvet Cloud Vapor is good :)

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm getting into DIY for the very same reasons. Be aware that VG can come from different vegetable sources and the most common one is soy which can cause issues with those sensitive. Virgin Vapors uses palm based VG and has been best by far for me. And they do make mint. I wasn't fond of their wintergreen but they also have peppermint, spearmint, etc. Vanilla mint is excellent. High Desert Vapes sells Nature's Flavors organic flavorings. If you don't want to get into DIY you could still just get a small bottler of peppermint flavor and add it to other juices.

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
you should also look into what kind of materials are being used in your atty. some cheap SS wicks and cottons can be the cause of this as well. check out biowick which is suppossed to be 100% organic.

Very good point. While I purchased organic cotton to use as wick I'm still using the stock. May be why I'm sitting here with a killer sore throat this morning. (or the fact that last night I thought…ah, a little PG won't hurt) Thanks for bringing this up.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
The highest grade of VG available in the USA is the pharmaceutical grade, which is labeled as Glycerin USP. It is a chemical. You can find it on the shelves of any drugstore and is sold over-the-counter (no prescription needed). It is made from plant materials for economic reasons. Whether the plants are "organic" or not or one species or another does matter because Glycerin USP is chemically pure glycerol and molecules of other chemicals (organic or not) other than water are not present in significant amounts.

Last edited:

Subject666

Oct 18, 2010
Pennsylvania
I am no expert on anything but maybe my input might help...Have you tried just PG? maybe its the VG since u have gotten 80/20 all the way to 0/100 pg/vg and still same symptoms...Maybe getting just baseline VG and PG and try them unflavored to see if maybe the flavoring is causing the problem? Could be the menthol causing your problems.. Have you tried non menthol type juices?

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I found PG to be harsh when I first started vaping so I switched to high percentage VG within a couple of weeks. PG made me cough. I eliminated PG eventually.This isn't unusual for many vapers. Keep in mind that a sore throat is just one of the many symptoms people get when they quit smoking or cut down the smoking a lot. The symptoms may continue until smoking is completely stopped.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I'm just curious, what difference does organic make?

best regards, larry mac
It doesn't make the slightest difference if the plants are organically raised or not. Glycerin is glycerin. If you distill water from an organic range-raised heritage corn plant and distill water from a genetically engineered corn plant raised on chemical fertilizer in a hydroponic tub and compare the two you will get the same identical chemical (H2O) from both. Same goes if you make glycerin from the plants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread