HELP!! Did I break it already??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatClick

Nov 10, 2013
Willis, TX
I bought a brand new Evic on Ebay and today I connected it to my computer for the first time and downloaded the MVR software.

The software told me to upgrade the firmware from 1.0 to 1.4 so I clicked OK.

After the update downloaded I got an error message which I can't remember what it said now. :(

Now the EVic won't turn on at all, the computer doesn't recognize it or anything.

I have taken the battery out and left it out and put it back in and still NOTHING.

Did I already break it?? Is there something I can do to fix it?

Thanks!!
Cat

danlnyc

Aug 19, 2013
Buena Park, CA, USA
I bought a brand new Evic on Ebay and today I connected it to my computer for the first time and downloaded the MVR software.

After the update downloaded I got an error message which I can't remember what it said now. :(

Now the EVic won't turn on at all, the computer doesn't recognize it or anything.

I have taken the battery out and left it out and put it back in and still NOTHING.

Thanks!!
Cat

It feels like a defective unit.

I believe there is a 2 or 3 month warranty from the date of purchase.

If you kept your box you can directly email joyetech and they will replace it through warranty.

I've done this twice now.

Hope this helped :)

AhhCheew

Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Jersey City, NJ
1. Remove your eVic Head from the battery
2. Press and hold the button for 15 to 30 seconds to totally kill all the session
3. Replace back the eVic Head to the battery
4. Press and hold the button while plugging in the USB(this will put your eVic into download mode)
5. When the MVR recognises your eVic, Reflash the firmware.

Thanks!!
Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread