Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Hello there fellow vapers!!

Time for another review,this time i am giving my review of the Hellvape Fat Rabbit rta.

For those that like pictures and some quick to glance info on this tank let us start with some literature:

- 7 colors to choose from:

771e0a44-526c-f45c-030d-61262f295679.jpg

- Contents in the box:

HellvapeFatRabbitRTA_1.jpg

- Breakdown of the all the pieces and components of this rta:

hellvape-fat-rabbit-rta.jpg

- Dual airflow RTA:

fatrabbit1.JPG

- Close up of the deck:

111.jpg

SPECS AND INFO:

28mm Diameter
5.5mL Tank Capacity
Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
Superior 304 Stainless Steel Tank Construction
Quarter Turn Top Fill System - Dual Fill Ports
Postless Build Deck - Side Secured via Flat Head Screws
Single or Dual Coil Configuration
PEEK Insulation
Dual Airflow Control System - Side and Bottom
Widebore 810 Drip Tip
Threaded 510 Connection

CONTENTS IN THE BOX:

1 x Fat Rabbit RTA
1 x Straight Glass Tube
2 x 0.37ohm Ni80 Fused Clapton Coil
2 x Shoelace Cotton
1 x Coil Cutting Tool
1 x Accessory Bag
1 x User Manual

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

This is one big atty,after all it's a 28.4mm diameter deck and then you can tell it is a solid device,well crafted and heavy.

In the box you will get all you need to make your foray into your double coil adventure.

Packaging was spot in,nothing was missing and it was all neatly put in the package.

Holding it in my hand i was wondering if it would fit on top of my Jackaroo Mini 128W,popped it on and yep it landed square and with no overhang.
This is good news for me since my other ''big'' mods are grus and they are both silver in color (i got the black Fat Rabbit RTA),so black on black and it looks KILLER!!

Will post a pic at the end :)

VAPING TIME:

Ok first of all i have to come clear and be honest,this is my first double coil atomizer so i knew i was going to need some patience to get it all set up correctly.

After cleaning up the different components of the atomizer (was clean no liquid or fingerprints) and drying it i set up my desk with all my tools and needed items,put on my ''building atty'' playlist and started.

I did go to my friends vape shop and told him to advise me on what coils to get for my particular vaping needs.

So i got those out and started the build,was a bit hesitant but it all went well.
Screws were easy to get out for coil placement (flat heads) and both coils were put in no time.

Wicking also felt easy,now i did watch some videos and read some opinions but i decided to just trust my eye and do it the way it felt right.

Did take longer to cut the cotton and leave it all neat but i can only blame myself and the lack of experience in double coil atomizers.

''Quick important fact is the way the atomizer is designed,instead of having to unscrew the base you do a 1/4 turn and lift the top of the atomizer and voila! the deck is there.''

Once all done it was time to refill this bad boy and give it a try.

And...

taste-bad-calli.gif

After 10 or 15 hits i started getting a burnt taste...tried it a bit more and yeah it hurt...so bad.

Discouraged but optimistic i dismantled the atomizer and sure enough the cotton wasn't just ''slightly'' burned...it was BLACK!!! yeah really black.

Ok so on further inspection i realized the cotton was bone dry,then i noticed i had put the coils in way too low.
Cleaned the atomizer,positioned the coils a tad higher and proceeded to rewick and refill the atomizer.
It has been 2 full days and i have not had dry hits or any leaking whatsoever so it could have been the coils or it could have been that i didn't close it properly hence the wick was dry from not getting fed the e-liquid.

Ok to be honest i have never used a dual coil atomizer for 2 reasons,1st would be juice consumption (can't afford to use that much juice) and the other is battery consumption.

But wow....i mean yeah really capital all caps scream to the full moon WOW!!

Using this double coil atomizer is another world when it comes to flavor,let me see if i can explain how the difference from single to dual coils feels to me.

It would be like making chicken soup with just the one single measly chicken cube you dissolve in water and just boil it instead of using real chicken and fresh vegetables and simmer for 2 hours.

The flavor i got had a lot more volume,more intense...basically it was more and better than with my previous single atomizer/drop in coil atomizers i have tried before.

Here is this bad boy sitting on top of my Jackaroo:

PICCCIE.jpg

On the single vs dual for flavor i decided to do some research and there seems to be a lot of debate on this issue.
Can't say if it's just me or if i am doing something wrong but most definitely i can say (in my humble opinion) that i much prefer the flavor of my double coil Fat Rabbit RTA over any of the single coil RTA's i have tried so far.

Now on a personal note i would love to say i would use this atomizer as my main vaping device.
For my small room it is just to much vapor,so i will reserve this bad boy for days i have to go out shopping or maybe even a nice beer on a terrace,then this bad boy is coming out with papa to chuck out some nice and flavorful clouds.

PROS:

- Easy to build for a newbie like me
- Post-less deck
- Solid atomizer,well done and heavy
- Dual airflow control
- Fill ports are huge,you could get a garden hose to fill up the atomizer

CONS:

Can't really think of any,i guess if i were to come up with something i would have to say that you need a large mod to use this atomizer due to it's size...that's about it.

Would i recommend this atomizer?

Most definitely yes,i would really recommend it.
You do have to be into big size atomizers and dual coil set ups but if you are the Fat Rabbit RTA would be an excellent addition to your collection of vaping apparatus.

Hellvape Fat Rabbit RTA 28.4mm Rebuildable Tank Atomizer
$23.9 - Hellvape Fat Rabbit RTA
Code: HFRR

Thank you to the people of Sourcemore for sending me this device for the purposes of the review.

Last edited:

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    bring on Big Bad Brunhilde:w00t:
    You love that thing, haha!

Nice review Jav! Dual coils for me tend to really stuff up the airflow in most chambers, so I've opted for single coils mostly, even in dual coil decks. Postless decks make this pretty easy, so I'll have to keep an eye out for this one. Recently got the Dead Rabbit V2 RTA and I like everything about it. Flavor and airflow is supurb, so I'd expect a similar performance in the Fat Rabbit series; it's just more - fat. :w00t:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread