hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m glad to be back with you today to present yet another review. This time I will attempt to provide you with a fair and honest review on the Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 tank that was sent to me by Hellvape. Actually they sent two tanks and spare coils. I always greatly appreciate their generosity when it comes to review samples. The Fat Rabbit 2 tank is 28mm in diameter and has an overall height including drip tip of 50.7mm. The tank comes with a straight glass pre-installed that allows a 4mL capacity but included in the package is a bubble glass that expands the capacity to 5mL. Over time I have become quite familiar with the Fat Rabbit series and just to clear up any confusion, this tank uses the P7-01 and P7-02 coils and is a tank and not an rta. However, like its predecessors, it does have dual airflow available which I will cover more later. For now let’s see what comes with the tank and go over some promotional information.

le4R2cG.jpg

xb3qjGY.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

• 1 Fat Rabbit 2 Tank
    • 1 0.15ohm P7-01 Mesh Coil
    • 1 0.2ohm P7-02 Mesh Coil
    • 1 5mL Bubble Glass
    • 1 Accessories Bag
    • 1 User Manual

k0iSywY.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

• Size: 25×50.7mm at base
    • Capacity: 4ml (Standard) / 5ml (Bubble glass) / 2ml (TPD)
    • 90° screw cap top fill
    • Top and bottom adjustable airflow
    • 810 drip tip
    MD2Ns4b.jpg

FEATURES:

• 810 Drip Tip

• Top-to-bottom AFC Ring

• Dual Airflow System

• 28mm Diameter

• 4mL/5mL Vape Juice Capacity

• Top Filling System

• P7-01 0.15ohm KA1 Meshed Coil(60-70W)

• P7-02 0.15ohm KA1 Meshed Coil(50-60W)

GGel9iL.jpg

mJGvYzV.jpg

jGxQHO3.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Fat Rabbit 2 is the usual two part box that I see often when receiving Hellvape products. The front of the box has the Hellvape logo near the top, the Fat Rabbit 2 Tank name near the bottom and the Fat Rabbit character in the center. I really like how the Fat Rabbit is drawn on the box. The back side of the box has a list of features, a contents list, and company information for Hellvape. I’ve noticed after having received many review samples from Hellvape that the two halves of the box are a very tight fit almost to the point of being a vacuum seal. They open ok when the tank is inside the box but when the tank is removed then it can be slightly difficult to open the box again.

1683993299254.png

Once opened, the tank is visible that has the P7-01 .15 ohm mesh KA1 coil pre-installed. It comes with the straight glass section also pre-installed that allows a liquid capacity of 4mL. In the foam insert there is a bubble glass tank section included that will allow the user to increase the liquid capacity to 5ml. Also included is a second coil which is the P7-02 coil which is .2 ohm and also a KA1 mesh coil. As you can see in the picture below, I received the black and silver versions for this review.

1683993343117.png

I know I probably sound like a broken record but I feel like it’s important to clean any tank before using it. Even if it is cleaned at the factory very good there could be some residue. If you’ve ever forgot to clean a tank and started using it only to find that the liquid you put in tastes horrible then you understand. Machining oil tastes really bad and isn’t good for you to vape.

In the picture above you can see that the spare coil (.2 ohm) has blue o rings while the coil that is pre-installed in the picture below (.15 ohms) has red o rings. I really like when companies make the o rings different colors for different resistances so it makes it that much easier for the end user to tell which coil they are inserting.

In the picture below you can see that the thread on base of the tank has a gold plated center with three protrusions to help make better contact with the coil so that there is little or no voltage drop from the mod to the tank.

The top cap for the tank has a large white seal on the underneath side to prevent any leaking and there is a spare seal in the accessory bag included just in case that seal should wear out. There are two notches in the bottom of the top cap that align with the top of the tank where the fill ports are to allow a ¼ turn for on and off. There are three fill port openings on the Fat Rabbit 2 which is unusual to me since I’m used to seeing two. I’m not sure if there is an advantage to this or not. The opening on the top cap has an internal o ring which can be seen in the third picture below. The 810 drip tip that is included does not have any o rings on it since it doesn’t need them. The included drip tip is a little wide for my tastes but I have started getting used to it over time. I normally use a lot of tapered tips and may try one on this one later.

1683993388247.png

1683993418175.png

1683993445018.png

I really like the decorative knurling on the outer edge of the top cap and the base. It reminds me of a Nordic design or something. The airflow for the Fat Rabbit 2 is provided by three slotted holes in the top of the tank and three slotted holes in the base. That’s a lot of airflow. People might think that it has true top or bottom airflow but from what I can tell, even though there are airflow inlets on top, the airflow still goes in and down to come under the coil so in reality the top inlets just allow more airflow but not different airflow. I ran one tank using the top inlets and one using the bottom inlets and couldn’t really tell the difference. I wonder if that is why in one of the promotional pictures I used earlier that they are calling it Top-to-Bottom Airflow. There is a positive stop on both the top and bottom airflow control rings.

I think the Fat Rabbit 2 has a nice physical appearance whether you decide to use the straight or bubble glass. I prefer the bubble glass on this one not only for added liquid capacity but also like the appearance since the bubble doesn’t stick out too far. If you look at the 510 connection below you can see that the 510 center pin is gold plated and protrudes slightly from the threaded portion of the connector.

The underneath side of the base has the FR 2 name on it as well as the Hellvape logo and what I believe to be a serial number.

1683993491924.png

1683993516909.png

I often times forget to check the base of tanks that use drop in coils for condensation unless I’m changing out the coil. This time I did remember to check. I had zero leaking while using one of each resistance coil in each tank. After about a week of regular use in rotation, the picture below shows the condensation that was trapped in the bottom cap. I don’t think that it matters but I was using the top airflow inlet on this one with the bottom airflow closed.

1683993568840.png

The coils included with the Fat Rabbit two are the P7-01 which is a .15 ohm mesh KA1 coil rated at 60-70 watts and the other is the P7-02 which is .2 ohms mesh KA1 rated at 50-60 watts. I believe these are the same coils that I tested in another Hellvape tank in the past.

sIz32zL.jpg

1683993648173.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have thoroughly enjoyed testing the two Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 Tanks that I received for this review. Hellvape makes very good quality tanks and this one is no exception. The tank feels solid in the hand and all threads area very smooth. I was easily able to remove the straight glass tank section to install the bubble glass. I was surprised as I have trouble getting factory installed glass off of some tanks.

I set up each of the two tanks I received with a different coil for testing. The black tank received the P7-01 coil rated at 60-70 watts with a lemon cake cook recipe that I DIY. The flavor production was very good and the vapor production was very abundant. I did run my mod up to 60 watts but it was too warm for my tastes. This coil will operate well at the rated wattage but for my personal preference I liked it at 50 watts with the airflow open about 1/3. Like I mentioned before, I’m pretty sure these are the same coils I tested before and liked very well.

I set up the silver tank with the P7-02 coil rated at 50-60 watts with a lemon pound cake that I have used a lot over the years for review. I very much liked the flavor production with this coil and liquid combination but once again ran lower than the recommended rating at 45 watts. Both coils are KA1 mesh coils and performed very well. I would have no problem recommending this tank and these coils to someone looking for a sub ohm tank that uses factory made coils. I had zero leaking and the coils seemed to last a long time. I had a few hundred puffs on each coil prior to writing this review and noticed little or no flavor degradation. I will continue using them until I feel that the flavor production has subsided and feel they need changed. I feel like they provide a good life span. Neither one of the mixes I used have any added sweetener but do contain sweet flavors.

I’d like to thank Hellvape and Lisha for sending the Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 Tanks and coils for this review. A big thanks to you the readers who make this possible for me to do. Below is a link to the Hellvape website where you can see the Fat Rabbit 2 and all of the other fantastic tanks they have to offer.

Fat Rabbit 2 Tank-Hellvape - The DIY atomizer leading brand

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    I’m glad to be back with you today to present yet another review. This time I will attempt to provide you with a fair and honest review on the Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 Tank that was sent to me by Hellvape. Actually they sent two tanks and spare coils. I always greatly appreciate their generosity when it comes to review samples. The Fat Rabbit 2 Tank is 28mm in diameter and has an overall height including drip tip of 50.7mm. The tank comes with a straight glass pre-installed that allows a 4mL capacity but included in the package is a bubble glass that expands the capacity to 5mL. Over time I have become quite familiar with the Fat Rabbit series and just to clear up any confusion, this tank uses the P7-01 and P7-02 coils and is a tank and not an rta. However, like its predecessors, it does have dual airflow available which I will cover more later. For now let’s see what comes with the tank and go over some promotional information.

le4R2cG.jpg

xb3qjGY.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

• 1 Fat Rabbit 2 Tank
    • 1 0.15ohm P7-01 Mesh Coil
    • 1 0.2ohm P7-02 Mesh Coil
    • 1 5mL Bubble Glass
    • 1 Accessories Bag
    • 1 User Manual

k0iSywY.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

• Size: 25×50.7mm at base
    • Capacity: 4ml (Standard) / 5ml (Bubble glass) / 2ml (TPD)
    • 90° screw cap top fill
    • Top and bottom adjustable airflow
    • 810 drip tip
    MD2Ns4b.jpg

FEATURES:

• 810 Drip Tip

• Top-to-bottom AFC Ring

• Dual Airflow System

• 28mm Diameter

• 4mL/5mL Vape Juice Capacity

• Top Filling System

• P7-01 0.15ohm KA1 Meshed Coil(60-70W)

• P7-02 0.15ohm KA1 Meshed Coil(50-60W)

GGel9iL.jpg

mJGvYzV.jpg

jGxQHO3.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Fat Rabbit 2 is the usual two part box that I see often when receiving Hellvape products. The front of the box has the Hellvape logo near the top, the Fat Rabbit 2 Tank name near the bottom and the Fat Rabbit character in the center. I really like how the Fat Rabbit is drawn on the box. The back side of the box has a list of features, a contents list, and company information for Hellvape. I’ve noticed after having received many review samples from Hellvape that the two halves of the box are a very tight fit almost to the point of being a vacuum seal. They open ok when the tank is inside the box but when the tank is removed then it can be slightly difficult to open the box again.

View attachment 995392

Once opened, the tank is visible that has the P7-01 .15 ohm mesh KA1 coil pre-installed. It comes with the straight glass section also pre-installed that allows a liquid capacity of 4mL. In the foam insert there is a bubble glass tank section included that will allow the user to increase the liquid capacity to 5ml. Also included is a second coil which is the P7-02 coil which is .2 ohm and also a KA1 mesh coil. As you can see in the picture below, I received the black and silver versions for this review.

View attachment 995393

I know I probably sound like a broken record but I feel like it’s important to clean any tank before using it. Even if it is cleaned at the factory very good there could be some residue. If you’ve ever forgot to clean a tank and started using it only to find that the liquid you put in tastes horrible then you understand. Machining oil tastes really bad and isn’t good for you to vape.

In the picture above you can see that the spare coil (.2 ohm) has blue o rings while the coil that is pre-installed in the picture below (.15 ohms) has red o rings. I really like when companies make the o rings different colors for different resistances so it makes it that much easier for the end user to tell which coil they are inserting.

In the picture below you can see that the thread on base of the tank has a gold plated center with three protrusions to help make better contact with the coil so that there is little or no voltage drop from the mod to the tank.

The top cap for the tank has a large white seal on the underneath side to prevent any leaking and there is a spare seal in the accessory bag included just in case that seal should wear out. There are two notches in the bottom of the top cap that align with the top of the tank where the fill ports are to allow a ¼ turn for on and off. There are three fill port openings on the Fat Rabbit 2 which is unusual to me since I’m used to seeing two. I’m not sure if there is an advantage to this or not. The opening on the top cap has an internal o ring which can be seen in the third picture below. The 810 drip tip that is included does not have any o rings on it since it doesn’t need them. The included drip tip is a little wide for my tastes but I have started getting used to it over time. I normally use a lot of tapered tips and may try one on this one later.

View attachment 995394

View attachment 995395

View attachment 995396

I really like the decorative knurling on the outer edge of the top cap and the base. It reminds me of a Nordic design or something. The airflow for the Fat Rabbit 2 is provided by three slotted holes in the top of the tank and three slotted holes in the base. That’s a lot of airflow. People might think that it has true top or bottom airflow but from what I can tell, even though there are airflow inlets on top, the airflow still goes in and down to come under the coil so in reality the top inlets just allow more airflow but not different airflow. I ran one tank using the top inlets and one using the bottom inlets and couldn’t really tell the difference. I wonder if that is why in one of the promotional pictures I used earlier that they are calling it Top-to-Bottom Airflow. There is a positive stop on both the top and bottom airflow control rings.

I think the Fat Rabbit 2 has a nice physical appearance whether you decide to use the straight or bubble glass. I prefer the bubble glass on this one not only for added liquid capacity but also like the appearance since the bubble doesn’t stick out too far. If you look at the 510 connection below you can see that the 510 center pin is gold plated and protrudes slightly from the threaded portion of the connector.

The underneath side of the base has the FR 2 name on it as well as the Hellvape logo and what I believe to be a serial number.

View attachment 995397

View attachment 995398

I often times forget to check the base of tanks that use drop in coils for condensation unless I’m changing out the coil. This time I did remember to check. I had zero leaking while using one of each resistance coil in each tank. After about a week of regular use in rotation, the picture below shows the condensation that was trapped in the bottom cap. I don’t think that it matters but I was using the top airflow inlet on this one with the bottom airflow closed.

View attachment 995399

The coils included with the Fat Rabbit two are the P7-01 which is a .15 ohm mesh KA1 coil rated at 60-70 watts and the other is the P7-02 which is .2 ohms mesh KA1 rated at 50-60 watts. I believe these are the same coils that I tested in another Hellvape tank in the past.

sIz32zL.jpg

View attachment 995400

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have thoroughly enjoyed testing the two Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 Tanks that I received for this review. Hellvape makes very good quality tanks and this one is no exception. The tank feels solid in the hand and all threads area very smooth. I was easily able to remove the straight glass tank section to install the bubble glass. I was surprised as I have trouble getting factory installed glass off of some tanks.

I set up each of the two tanks I received with a different coil for testing. The black tank received the P7-01 coil rated at 60-70 watts with a lemon cake cook recipe that I DIY. The flavor production was very good and the vapor production was very abundant. I did run my mod up to 60 watts but it was too warm for my tastes. This coil will operate well at the rated wattage but for my personal preference I liked it at 50 watts with the airflow open about 1/3. Like I mentioned before, I’m pretty sure these are the same coils I tested before and liked very well.

I set up the silver tank with the P7-02 coil rated at 50-60 watts with a lemon pound cake that I have used a lot over the years for review. I very much liked the flavor production with this coil and liquid combination but once again ran lower than the recommended rating at 45 watts. Both coils are KA1 mesh coils and performed very well. I would have no problem recommending this tank and these coils to someone looking for a sub ohm tank that uses factory made coils. I had zero leaking and the coils seemed to last a long time. I had a few hundred puffs on each coil prior to writing this review and noticed little or no flavor degradation. I will continue using them until I feel that the flavor production has subsided and feel they need changed. I feel like they provide a good life span. Neither one of the mixes I used have any added sweetener but do contain sweet flavors.

I’d like to thank Hellvape and Lisha for sending the Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 Tanks and coils for this review. A big thanks to you the readers who make this possible for me to do. Below is a link to the Hellvape website where you can see the Fat Rabbit 2 and all of the other fantastic tanks they have to offer.

Fat Rabbit 2 Tank-Hellvape - The DIY atomizer leading brand
    Another good review, thanks.

Reactions: hittman

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Great review buddy.

28 mm tank? dang that sure is big,used my Hellbeast 2 so long I'm wondering how this one fares in comparison.
    Might have to look into it,also uses P7 coils not sure if those are the same ones the Hellbeast 2 used,but anyway i am thinking maybe its compatible with those other coils (that will remain unnamed) that i have been using.

cheers

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Great review buddy.

28 mm tank? dang that sure is big,used my Hellbeast 2 so long I'm wondering how this one fares in comparison.
    Might have to look into it,also uses P7 coils not sure if those are the same ones the Hellbeast 2 used,but anyway i am thinking maybe its compatible with those other coils (that will remain unnamed) that i have been using.

cheers
    Thanks. I meant to look back at my old reviews but am almost positive that these are the same coils and the other ones should work. I’ll take one out later and try it. I’ll let you know.

Reactions: Javichu

Users who are viewing this thread