Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. I'm not really new to vaping, but there's a lot of things I've missed since I went to prison in 2012. So I'm here to get reacquainted with the community and catch up on the technology I've missed. I'm also very curious about where we stand with the FDA. I started out with ecigs back in... I want to say '08 or '09. My first purchase was a KR808. I think it was from puresmokers and this site is actually how I did a bunch of my research before I made the initial purchase. Soon enough I realized I was ready for something better so I got an ego. Atomizers were a bad experience for me from the moment I tried them(burning taste, too much fiddling, etc.) so I've always been a cartomizer man. Shortly after moving to the ego, vaporescence's tank system was becoming popular so I picked one up and loved it. After a lot of searching I discovered my 2 favorite e-juices: ivape's sweet caroline honeycured tobacco and mountainoakvapor's legendary banana nut bread. At this point I was watching GrimmGreen videos all the time along with many other reviews. The top dog mods were the provari and the darwin. I went ahead and picked up the provari. I would meet people all the time at work or through friends and family who were fascinated with my ecig and I was known as the guy who would set you up with an ecig if you were trying to quit cigs. We didn't have any shops at the time in western MA so I would order starter kits for people and mentor them. So that's basically my history. I still own my provari. It works beautifully. I have 3 vaporescense tanks and they work great too. Now I'm reading and trying to catch up with everything I've missed these past 5 years. I'm reading about cloud chasing and 200w mods. I watched a GrimmGreen video last night with this amazing looking wicking tank system. I think he was calling it an rda or rta or something. Anyway, nice to meet you all. I'll just be poking around here and there. Thanks.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
So many to choose from these days and depends on what you are looking for in terms of Vape Quality. Also many MOD Kits you can get at pretty decent prices that you just need to fill and prime the coil. Lots of good threads to pick up some info on one you have a hankering to add to the collection.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
That's great your Provari is still working. They live up to their longevity reputation quite well. The market is certainly different now, but if you like your lower power vaping, it's still pretty popular. If you want to dip your toes into the higher power stuff, well there's a ton of choice out there for you. You might also want to check out the DIY section here, as making your own is way more cost effective, especially if you get into the higher powered stuff as that will burn through juice in no time.

Reactions: Lojinxx
That's great your Provari is still working. They live up to their longevity reputation quite well. The market is certainly different now, but if you like your lower power vaping, it's still pretty popular.

Welcome back! You've missed a lot of evolution but, as has been said, if you like lower power it's hard to beat a Provari.

Yea it was really disheartening to go to the Provari website and see that farewell letter. I feel like I have a piece of history by owning one lol. I'm going to always hold onto it. I'm very interested in checking out the high powered options.

Reactions: Eskie

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Yea it was really disheartening to go to the Provari website and see that farewell letter. I feel like I have a piece of history by owning one lol. I'm going to always hold onto it. I'm very interested in checking out the high powered options.
You may or may not like it. A Provari-- not the newer ones-- were a bit under-powered for my taste. But 50 watts, even 40, does all I ever need. Most of the time I vape under 30; usually around 28 watts. I did some reviews of some high powered gear once upon a time. What I discovered was people who vape at 200 watts all the time must have stainless lips, a titanium throat and leather lungs. That vape is hot. Not for me, thanks. I get along just fine down in mod-whomping territory. I feel no need to be a steam thrower.

There are any number of good high-powered mods available. I personally like my two RX-200s; a three battery mod but very ergonomic. It will definitely shoot the juice to a coil if you're interested. And three batteries last for days down where I vape. Safety, of course, is always a concern. Modern regulated mods are much safer than the old mechanicals-- which I still love and use, being a mekkie from way back-- but be sure you have good batteries from a reputable supplier installed. If you ask a 5 amp battery for 20 amps, there's gonna be fireworks no matter what, and a regulated mod can't save you from that mistake.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hello and welcome back. Just so you know, while provari has closed their doors, you still can pick up a provari radius here or there - if you can afford. I have a provari P3 with a Kabuki tank that I picked up used recently for 130.00, and it's like driving a Cadillac. Just plain awesome. So just keep your eyes peeled, if you like the provari you might like to see about investing in one of their newer models as well. The radius is nice, those who picked one of them up are very very happy with them.

Have fun learning and catching up, I'm sure a ton of stuff has changed, lately it's like the newest electronic gadget wars.. crazy. :) You just have to keep in mind, a lot of these gadgets are a waste of money so look to what people say who have owned some of these pieces for a period of time, and see what they say about them.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome back. Just so you know, while provari has closed their doors, you still can pick up a provari radius here or there - if you can afford. I have a provari P3 with a Kabuki tank that I picked up used recently for 130 00, and it's like driving a Cadillac. Just plain awesome. So just keep your eyes peeled, if you like the provari you might like to see about investing in one of their newer models as well. The radius is nice, those who picked one of them up are very very happy with them.

Have fun learning and catching up, I'm sure a ton of stuff has changed, lately it's like the newest electronic gadget wars.. crazy. :) You just have to keep in mind, a lot of these gadgets are a waste of money so look to what people say who have owned some of these pieces for a period of time, and see what they say about them.

Thanks for the tip. That radius looks really sharp.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey everyone. I'm not really new to vaping, but there's a lot of things I've missed since I went to prison in 2012. So I'm here to get reacquainted with the community and catch up on the technology I've missed. I'm also very curious about where we stand with the FDA. I started out with ecigs back in... I want to say '08 or '09. My first purchase was a KR808. I think it was from puresmokers and this site is actually how I did a bunch of my research before I made the initial purchase. Soon enough I realized I was ready for something better so I got an ego. Atomizers were a bad experience for me from the moment I tried them(burning taste, too much fiddling, etc.) so I've always been a cartomizer man. Thanks.
Welcome and glad you re joined. Ex 808 cartos once upon a time too. Batteries out of this world, lots of old timers into DIY, and tanks can still be a problem, your basically up to date.
Might like to visit:
http://diyordievaping.com/category/latestnews/beginnertips/
http://www.thevapebook.com/
Could read the stickies in this forum:
DIY E-Liquid

Reactions: Lojinxx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread