Status
Not open for further replies.

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
till the easiest thing to do is a google search of local vendors. many of them will have demo's so you can try out different setups and juice and really see what you feel comfortable with.

also what you thing you may want may not be what works best. when i started the bulk of the market i looked into was the L88b's(small cig like batteries) they were able to keep me off cigs but recharging after 30 minutes of use got annoying as a 2pad smoker. then the same company put out the standard 510's(similar to a 100 cig) these were a little better but 45minutes of use still didnt make it easy. Then came out the ego type batteries(similar to a cigar) and with batteries lasting 4-12 hours was much better.

now im sitting here with multiple mods on my desk, variable voltage, variable wattage, bottom feeders, and tons of various tanks as well.

what all was it that you were looking into and what are you truly expecting out of it?(battery life, size, performance) each will vary with different items.

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
So I kinda want some help. Want it to be like a real cigarette. I have tired my friends and it so harsh I hit it once and instantly cough. I don't want that, I want a smooth almost real hit.

well your friend may be using a higher mg nic then what you would get, the higher the nicotine mg the harsher the throat hit will be. also some options like ego tanks will mute th as opposed to dripping or cartomizers.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Hi, you may want to check on the Smokeless Image products. If you like what you see, then I say "Go for it!" Get a sample pack of cartos or a couple of sample packs in different flavors and opt for the 78mm battery. You need two so when one gets low, you can use the other one while recharging. I, myself, like the cig-a-like alot. To me it is like real smoking. Of course, the taste is a bit different since you are not burning paper and leaves but it is really satisfying.

Keep reading since there is always lots to learn when trying something new like e cigs. I found out I like the CE3's better than the cartridges in the long run although I am using my cartridges until they die. They are refillable. Some people don't like the cig-a-likes because they think they don't have enough power or battery time before charging but I like that they feel like a real cig and haven't had the urge to do more than buy a bigger battery called an x-2 for when I am driving in the car or hanging out with it plugged into the USB electrical outlet plug thingey.

Best of luck to you.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
If you have a local ecig store, or something reasonably close by that would be ideal. You could go and see what is available and they could make recommendations based on your smoking habits. If not reply here with some information about your smoking habits and people will be glad to make suggestions.

The hardest thing about not have a store close is finding a flavor you like.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
For the hardware side - the eGo setup seems to be highly recommended here (and popular on many other sites too) as a good place to start. Battery life is good for many hours and the e-tank cartomizers are big enough to hold just over 1ml of e-juice compared to the slim cigarette type that usually only hold a few drops. That's big enough to get a good feel of vaping and taste of the particular juice you have without wasting a lot in some huge tank. Should you decide you want to go to a bigger, or smaller cartomizer, tank or clearomizer, there are many that are made to fit the eGo batteries. So they are very versatile. I have three now. Two 650mAh that I picked up locally and one eGo-C Twist 1000mAh that I ordered later. The Twist is nice because, not only do you get longer life from the 1000mAh, you can also adjust the the voltage to just the right spot for a particular cartomizer and/or juice.

On the e-juice/e-liquid side, things you need to think about here are: vapor vs throat hit, the amount of Nicotine added, and flavoring you like. You'll hear a lot said about VG and PG mixes. For a good explanation of these terms check out this site. What does pg vg mean? What kind of e-liquid do i order?

You can also get an idea of what others like to vape by checking out the poll done here: What pg vg ratio do you like best?

After you have an idea of some flavors you think you might like, I suggest checking out a place like Mt. Baker Vapor that allow you to choose the ratio you'd like to try. Also, go with the smaller bottles first until you find one you like. If you'd like to stay with a tobacco taste, you might like the RY4 juice - it's a caramel/vanilla/tobacco blend. One of my favs, btw.

Hope this helps.
Chak

ThunderFli

Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
Tulsa
I also recommend heading to your local e-cig store. They can step you through everything you need to know and then get you started. Once you get the hang of it, you can then order online if the local store is too expensive. Actually, I think a lot of brick/mortar stores also sell online so I've found the local prices to be on par with a lot of online e-commerce only only.

Good luck and stick with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread