Hello to my new V4L e-family!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Welcome to the V4L family and to ECF. Lots of info, lots of great people and best of all lots of fun. :)
We will help anyway we can and answer all your question..at least Snow will ...lol
Chester, you quit being a newb when you can answer your first question, after that you are an oldtimer. Except for me..I refuse to grow up!

incantius

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
tennessee
Welcome to the family!!Im glad you found us,just jump right in Im sure youll fit just fine around here.We are here to help so if you have anymore questions just ask away.Oh and get in on the family program to get email notifying you of sales going on.Welcome!!
just be careful...sales can be addicting! :D and welcome to the Family!!!

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi EleanorR, thank you sooo much! Now I understand what's going on. Ack ... I don't have a cough or throat irritation, but do piddle my brains (juice!) out, *wink* plus - now I know why my eyes and nose are so dry. So it sounds like the PG is the pesky culprit. It looks like I'd better try some of the VG juices for my next order.

Hmmmm... just to make sure I know exactly what to try - on the V4L website there is "VG", (there's nothing in there!) "WOW VG", "WOW Vapor", and "Premium". Are you saying that anything but the "Premium" is the way to go?

Thanks again EleanorR, I've got so much to learn! (but what fun, eh?) :)

Wintering

Hello, Wintering, and welcome!

The PG in the vapor (which is what makes the vapor, well, vaporish) is a natural humectant: meaning it seeks and absorbs all the water it can find in whatever it comes in contact with (like your mouth and throat). So drinking LOTS of water to replace the water "sucked up" by the PG is what makes you feel normal, and reduces or eliminates that "beginner's cough."

If you still have throat irritation after a few weeks, you may have a PG sensitivity, and may need to switch to a higher VG vape (or an all-VG vape). V4L's higher VG vapes are the WOW line; they also carry a limited VG-only line.

(VG makes the vapor even more "vaporish"; I don't know if it is also a humectant like PG.)

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi jbmcdan, thank you so much for the warm welcome! I love your avi too. (anything critter related always melts my heart!) A dear client created that photo for me as a thank you. (I work in pet loss) She is sooo talented!

Yep.... it sure looks like I'm going to be having lots of fun experimenting!

And nope... Greensmoke is legit' - just not "Best in Show" (like V4L) but more like a cute mutt! ;)

Wintering

welcome, wintering! great avatar btw
ms. eleanor's absolutely right about PG drying you out...VG (vegetable glycerin) shouldn't dry you out so much, but some people believe that it can mute some of the flavor. Try some of both the WOW and the Premium lines from V4l and experiment!

and isn't greensmoke one of those "we'll ship you overpriced carto's every 30 days" vendors? be very careful and be sure to cancel with them...

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi Lisa66, thank you! Yep, GreenSmoke saved me from going back to analogs (I love that!) after 10 horrible days of cold turkey, so I can't complain. In fact, I'm going to sent them to a friend who also wants to quit smoking - they'll be like her e-cig training wheels!

Wintering

Hi Wintering, and welcome! GreenSmoke was my first also........found ECF two days after I received it. Needless to say, that sucker is long gone. You're much better off here and you won't be ripped off with V4L.

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi keyzygirl, thank you sooooo much! I am just blown away by how wonderful everyone has been! And thank you, I will be sure to check out the family program (eeks, what ever that is!) as soon as I figure out what I'm doing. ;) I'm still learning about everything this lovely forum has to offer!

Wintering

Welcome to the family!!Im glad you found us,just jump right in Im sure youll fit just fine around here.We are here to help so if you have anymore questions just ask away.Oh and get in on the family program to get email notifying you of sales going on.Welcome!!

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi Kanza, and thank you! I am loving it here! *giggles* If you were going for the "Dumb as a Post" award, then I've gotta be winning the "Dumb as a Box of Rocks" award! :)

Welcome, Wintering, to health, a new lifestyle and your new family :) No question is too newb for us, feel free to ask away :) I thought I would earn the, "Is She as Dumb as a Post?' award when I arrived...but all I got was good, solid answers and lots of new friends :)

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Thank you Bogey! Yep, I can't complain about GreenSmoke .... it's just like they are in Nursery School, while V4L has a PhD! :)

Yes welcome! Glad you found v4l! I too started with greensmoke and your analogy is perfect. I had trouble with thier hardware and customer service. (at least they wern' t one of those scam. Companies just way overpriced. hope you find all the answers you need. It's been great since I arrived here a month or so ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi gramva, and thank you sooo much! I am enjoying absolutely everyone on this forum. (I knew I found the right place!) Yikes.... but *shudder* ... please don't punch me - I was warned (somewhere on here!) to watch out for you! *kidding* ;)

Ha... in about a week from now, you'll be sorry you invited me to join the VERY STEAP learning curve!

Welcome. Some of us have been here quite a while, some of us still fairly new.......but we all learn from each other. Happy to have you join our learning curve....the good humor here makes the teaching and learning even more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread