Hello to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Dual

I a new here too and have been vaping now for 2 months. I started with a Joye 510 kit but within the week i was back at the store for something better so i bought the Joye ego-t tank system, so now i $200 in the hole with vaping kits and still trying to perfect my vaping experience.

The problem i had with the Joye 510 was that i had to recharge every 2-3 hours, so without a PCC (personal charging case)that was not going to work for me as i was about to go on a touring vacation. I didn't want to invest in a PCC at this point in time. So i bought the Ego-T tank. This gives me more throat hit Longer lasting battery (12hrs) along with a big tank (1.5ml) which lasted me all day AND i could turn off the battery if i wanted to throw it in my purse. However, there was a problem with the ego. While on vacation i went out for a day with my ego in my purse ready for action. But the juice had leaked out:ohmy: so i had to buy some analogs to get me through the day. I have had slight problem with the leaking thing since but have learned to live with it. The leaking occurs mostly at the tip end but when i went back to the store they put a new o ring on it for me and it worked fine for a while but it does still leak if i am not careful. I tend to keep it upright mostly. Having said all that i do like the ego-t best for throat hit and battery life.

For my birthday my Daughter bought me this
Buy Liberro™ Realis Electronic Cigarette Realistic All in One Starter Pack | Libero shop - £35.00

which works great and real handy sometimes but harder to refill, but it doe look petty cool huh?

With all my problems put aside vaping is great and i prefer it to analogs now. I love that i don;t stink of smoke. I love that my car doesn't stink of smoke and i love that my car no longer has ash down the side where i have been flicking.

Dual EnGaGe

Jun 18, 2012
Laindon
I am really impressed with the delivery speed, and I'll most probably be ordering a pink Riva for my mother haha.
(I'm gonna spend around £25 in the next day or two on some juice and spare carts/drip tips)

Today I also received both of my SKY CIG starter kits, and to be honest, the flavours are DISGUSTING.
I will try to sell one of them as it is un-opened. (E-lites are 100% better)
Atleast the SKY CIG cartomizers are 510 fittings, so I can use them on the Riva (I gave each flavour a vape on it, and the strength and vapour was increased 10 fold) only problem was the cartomizer got rather hot after 2 vapes, not sure if this is normal, as I've only felt the cartomizers get a little warm while on the E-lite battery.

I got an e-mail from totally wicked saying my sampler of juices had been dispatched, hoping to receive them within a couple of days.

Really appreciating the advice so far!

@RottenRita that's a shame about the kits you have purchased. I've spent roughly £200 so far on vaping gear.
I'm hoping the Riva will satisfy me for a while, and I hope I don't experience any leakage with anything like you have had.

I'm trying to steer away from the cigarette looking ones now, especially after this bad experience with SKY CIG.
How's the taste of the Liberro?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
only problem was the cartomizer got rather hot after 2 vapes
"usually" a sign of a lack of juice in the cartomizer. Unfortunately pre filled are sometimes on the shelf awhile and juice sometimes flows into 1 end/ area depending on how they were stored- standing batt end down or up. usually down.
I've only felt the cartomizers get a little warm while on the E-lite battery.
They are a lower voltage and thus less vape.
the flavours are DISGUSTING.
When you get your juices don't forget to test them on the atty rather than the carto- won't be the last of the "DISGUSTING" juices.

Dual EnGaGe

Jun 18, 2012
Laindon
They are a lower voltage and thus less vape.

When you get your juices don't forget to test them on the atty rather than the carto- won't be the last of the "DISGUSTING" juices.

Well I've had a nice few vapes with my samples.
I think I made an error in picking the strength of the nicotine lol, 36mg is a TAD strong on the throat, and kind of ruins the enjoyment.

Vapour production isn't as much as I expected, not quite sure why (unless I'm subconsciously taking a weaker inhale due to nicotine strength) it's only a little more than I get with a 3 second inhale on the e-lite. (I'm not complaining though, this piece of kit is awesome).

What do you mean try them on the atty?
The clearomizer?

I only meant the SKY CIGs were disgusting, every flavour had undertones of coffee, (the classic tobacco being the strongest).
I love drinking coffee, but when I'm vaping on a Cherry or Vanilla cart and I'm getting coffee after every exhale, it's quite sickening haha.

The samples I tried from Totally Wicked were:
Apple
Strawberry
State Express
Menthol
Mint Choc Chip
All at 36mg nicotine -_-

I "liked" all of the flavours, they were extremely tasty, just the overpowering nicotine really ruins it, my mistake.

Does anyone get their juice from VapeEscape?
If so, how is the quality?

Another benefit with vaping is my girlfriend is now happy that I'm not smoking, and I can vape in the same room as my almost-3-month-old daughter.

She has even asked me to get some nicotine free juices for her to try! (girlfriend, not daughter)

@chirodoccm - I've seen reviews of the lavatube, it's definitely something I will check out eventually. (The thing is a beast)
But tank systems... From what I've seen are a lot of hassle. (I'm just about able to refill carts with a dropper at the moment haha)

Adelaidelin

Moved On
Jun 22, 2012
China
  • Deleted by Sam Vimes

Dual EnGaGe

Jun 18, 2012
Laindon
ive addeded a few drops of vg and pg to my overstrength liquids i got give em a good shake and now they are gone went up in a puff of very enjoyable smoke :)

Yeah I have some 36mg juice in cartomizers that needs a bit of weakening, also 1-2 ml of the liquid to weaken.
I don't need the PG the throat hit is too intense as it is haha.

I'm enjoying some 18mg juices I bought though.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Sorry but I missed your post as this forum is sometimes too busy.
Vapour production isn't as much as I expected, not quite sure why (unless I'm subconsciously taking a weaker inhale due to nicotine strength) it's only a little more than I get with a 3 second inhale on the e-lite. (I'm not complaining though, this piece of kit is awesome).
Juice Components
Flavoring usually about 10%
PG enhances flavor, TH and lung hit- water like
VG= vapor and can mute flavor- thick
Nicotine- TH, lung hit and our need for nicotine. The MOST important ingredient in regards to TH and lung hit.
Standards in the industry are 80/ 20 or 70/ 30 PG/ VG. I vape 60/ 40 PG/ VG.
What do you mean try them on the atty?
There should be an atomizer with your kit or maybe you'll have to buy one. It's a open metal tube with a metal wick and/ or pin at the bottom with no filler. They come primed with machine oil which has to be burned away first otherwise horrible taste.
I first began with Bog cartomizers, next Smok Tech XL cartos, next carto+tank and now using clearomizers. Tanks and clearo I fill up maybe 2-3 times per day. Carto in a tank lasts me about 2 weeks because it's constantly wet with juice.
Can I add a few drops of Vegetable Glycerine to my cartomizer with juice in, to produce more vapour?
Yes buy it cheaply at pharmacy in the first aid section. Realize the juice flavor and nic level will be diluted. You could also buy some lower nic juice in the same flavor and mix equal amounts with the higher nic juice.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
You're welcome. You mentioned DIY. It is much cheaper and really not that hard. As mentioned VG from the pharmacy and PG- special order from pharmacy and if they question you tell them either you're making candles OR are making non allergenic soap. All you need then is and Oral med dispenser ( about $2.00) some flavorless nic juice and flavors.
Oral Me Dispenser- just for price and identifying- clear coat the number with nail polish otherwise the juice erases them
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Apex-Oral-Syringe-1-ct/10811116
Cheap but quality flavors from Poland
Flavours for e-liquid - Inawera Flavors
and a good free easy to use calculator:
eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator
Re; flavorless nic juice you can buy the higher nic content and by using the calculator mix it down to ANY level you wish mg/ pg, vg and ml size.
Good Luck and glad you're getting along so well. Please give your daughter and gf a hug from me and a pat on your back as you've earned it.
Cheers.

Thanks for all of your help!

Dual EnGaGe

Jun 18, 2012
Laindon
Just an update!

I've tried A LOT of juices now, I was quite fond of a particular one, but I must vape on it so much, it no longer tastes as good as it first did.

I got my mother to buy a Riva kit and she loves it, but for some reason she went back to smoking cigarettes, then she got ill and couldn't vape as it made her cough.
She's trying to get back on to it though.

I'm now on an Ego 1400, but still use my Riva (the charger became faulty for it, but I thought it was the batteries so bought a new kit).

The Ego came with Echomisers, and these things are awful, the taste when vaping is very rubber-like.
I find using cartos makes the vape taste so fresh and powerful.

I just can't stop spending money...

D.E

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Dual and thanks for the update. LOLLL I hear ya about juices- one day they're great and the next, yech. Sorry to hear about your Mom and I hope she gets better.
And you upgraded to a Ego 1400- kudos. As for the Riva charger I would contact the vendor and explain the issue.
I just can't stop spending money...
Sounds like you're ready for DIY.
Cheers and the Best of Luck to You and your Mom.

Dual EnGaGe

Jun 18, 2012
Laindon
Haha yup, I still have a few 5ml samples lying around that I'll never touch again.

Yeah, she's been to the docs, and has had pills, she's much better now but needs a few more to fight it off.

I contacted the vendor once and was told to clean the contacts on the battery and charger (even though I do this atleast daily or more depending on how many times I refill/charge). But oh well, the Ego charges my 2 Riva and 2 Ego, so it's all good (Until this one decides to die).

I'm so tempted to get a Provari... The price is a little high, but it's probably really worth it.
One day.

I keep thinking about DIY, I just have no where safe to do it at the moment.

Thanks man!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Haha yup, I still have a few 5ml samples lying around that I'll never touch again.
LOLL put them away and one day you may be surprised.
eah, she's been to the docs, and has had pills, she's much better now but needs a few more to fight it off
Happy to hear she's getting better.
I contacted the vendor once and was told to clean the contacts on the battery and charger (even though I do this atleast daily or more depending on how many times I refill/charge). But oh well, the Ego charges my 2 Riva and 2 Ego, so it's all good (Until this one decides to die).
ALL chargers that come with starter kits are absolute garbage- even the Provari. I believe we should be given options to buy better chargers IMO.
I'm so tempted to get a Provari... The price is a little high, but it's probably really worth it.
One day.
I owned one and although it was nice was just too powerful. I presently am waiting on a Kgo 650 VV 3-6 volt PV.
KGO batteries 1100mAh
There's now also a competitor to the Provari. Can't remember the name but it's getting rave reviews. Good that you're going to wait on the Provari and I believe VV prices are coming down.
You take care of yourself and your Mom.
Cheers.

Edit:

There's now also a competitor to the Provari. Can't remember the name but it's getting rave reviews.
Sorry the Provari competitor is not be released for another 8 weeks. It's called The Vario.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread