hello, i'm zirroneous

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello ecf!

i've been lurking here for a bit, and finally registered.

the name's nolan, and i live in portland, or. i picked up my starter kit at the local head shop in mid june, a basic ego setup with a kanger t3s for the tank. within a week i had a backup. in terms of keeping away from tobacco, it worked for me really well for the first two weeks or so, although that setup left something to be desired in terms of flavor and vapor production.

at the two week point, i noticed i began having a very adverse reaction to the 50/50 juice i was puffing, i.e: my gums, throat and tongue felt raw and burned, and my teeth became very sensitive to hot and cold, or even air hitting them when breathing normally. i was so impressed otherwise by the benefits of vaping that i hoped to research the issue and perhaps work around it instead of having to call it a dealbreaker for me.

that's when i found the ecf, and the wealth of information here, not only in regards to the problem i experienced, but more or less anything else i'd ever want to know about this stuff. hallelujiah!

that led me to organic 100%vg juices, and experimenting with several decent variable voltage ego setups and bottom coil tanks. the lack of adverse effects, and the improved vapor and flavor, convinced me that there is alot more to vaping than just the cessation of smoking. my favorite ego setup is probably the vision spinner with a protank. i've got the mini-pt2 and 3, and an anyvape mini davide, and i like them all alot.

by way of one of the ego threads here i discovered the mini drippers, which got me geeking out on coil building, and led me to learn to rebuild my own protank coil heads, which came easily enough.

in august i got up the nerve to try my first mechanical, a turtleship clone. i started with a nimbus clone on top, but quickly fell in love with the kayfun lite clone i purchased, to get me through the 12+ hour work days without having to mess with it much.

i'm amazed at the difference rebuildables and mechanicals make, in terms of overall enjoyment. i also appreciate the extent to which all these devices, build techniques, and variety of flavor keeps the tinkerer in me plenty entertained.

i've managed to reduce my smoking greatly, with several stretches of two weeks or so without analogs, but haven't yet pulled off completely getting away from the tobacco. i still am happy to be smoking much much less than ever before, and hope to be completely free soon enough.

so far this has all been an exploration and constant experiment, but now that i know what i like, and which setups and juices really satisfy me in various contexts, i think that it'll be alot easier to get free of tobacco entirely.

i gotta say i mostly have this forum this forum to thank for getting to this point so far. the repository of information, personal testimony, and quality discussion has greatly helped me in learning from the experiences of the posters here.

so thank you, ecf veterans, for establishing this very helpful archive!! kudos!

at any rate, i'm glad to finally register and integrate into the community here, and look forward to getting more involved in the discussion that makes this place so great.

thanks again,

z!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread