Hello I'm new here. Can you recommend me an autodraw MTL pod system WITH RBA?

shaeds

Dec 31, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I've been on the constant hunt for finding something to replace my hyde edge disposable mango peaches & cream disposable. What I would like for it to have is: the ability to be held in the teeth/lips, auto draw, AND an RBA. I simply can't afford to be buying expensive coils or expensive pods. What's in my budget is winding my own coils for pennies, not buying disposable coils for $$.

I started with a caliburn g, then G2, gifted an caliburn AK, none of these have RBAs. My first pod RBA system was a voopoo vinci II which was stolen at a festival. I had since purchased a voopoo seal but this seal gives me extreme spit back unless I close the choke ALL the way and put the wattage down to 5 otherwise there's not enough air flow to cool it down and it winds up burning the cotton. I tried going from 50/50 to 70/30 as per the suggestion I was given on discord but this did not do anything to remedy the problem. I won't be looking for another vape if I can figure out how to make this one tolerable/usable as of right now it's un-ideal giving me constant juice mouth that I'm having to spit out.

I need to find something that can live in my teeth while I am typing/programming/making things with tools/etc. Hands are expensive real-estate and they can't be affording to hold a vape all day. Neck lanyard + teeth/lips grip is my preferred way to vape when I am out and about.

I have a box mod for my sit down experience at home at the end of the day but I need something for when I'm out and about or for when my hands need to be free for extended periods of time.

I'm seeing a BUNCH of new vapes since the last time I looked ~6mo ago. It doesn't appear many (or any?) of them have RBA coils && auto draw. ie: the exact features I am looking for in a vape.

What's available in the market currently that has: autodraw, rba, and light enough to be mouth held?

Thanks

• Optimistic
Reactions: Izan

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
What's available in the market currently that has: autodraw, rba, and light enough to be mouth held?
i don't think you're going to find one.
Voopoo's Vinci 3 has draw activation & an RBA available but you'll never be able to hold it in your mouth comfortably.
Grimm Green has a 2023 pod ranking video up on YouTube. i haven't watched it yet but i know that he likes pod devices that can be held in his mouth. Maybe the video will give you some idea of what's available currently. youtube.com/watch?v=4Czu01WlG6k
Best of luck.

shaeds

Dec 31, 2023
i don't think you're going to find one.
Voopoo's Vinci 3 has draw activation & an RBA available but you'll never be able to hold it in your mouth comfortably.
Grimm Green has a 2023 pod ranking video up on YouTube. i haven't watched it yet but i know that he likes pod devices that can be held in his mouth. Maybe the video will give you some idea of what's available currently. youtube.com/watch?v=4Czu01WlG6k
Best of luck.
I glanced at this and I don't believe any of those have an rba available. They are attractive for their mouth holdability but my budget will only permit me to rewick and recoil my own RBA.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    my budget will only permit me to rewick and recoil my own RBA.

You won't likely find a small pod system that is TRULY able to be held in your mouth for any significant amount of time. Grimm Green is a salesman. He'll show you that he can hold a pod system in your mouth for a few seconds. But what he doesn't show you is how long you can do it before you get annoyed by it and if you can do it while actually going about life and not just sitting in front of a camera hocking vape gear.

Also, it's important to keep in mind that vaping is not like smoking cigarettes. A cigarette weights next to nothing and is soft. No vape gear will match it in that respect.

Now about the RBA: the thing is that today's vapers who are looking for small and light pod systems are not interested in rebuilding anything. So an RBA for such a system would be a waste of money to bring to market.

So since money is a big factor for you, you need to ditch the idea of holding your vape in your mouth and choose between a larger pod system that has an RBA (if one even exists today) or forget pod systems and get a mod and RTA.

If you do g with the above, you'll also make finding a setup for you easier if you ditch the need for autodraw. I vaped for around 10 years but the 1st 2 years I really just wanted auto draw. When I could not find anything worthwhile with autodraw, I got used to a button and now I don't care. You are human, you have the ability to adjust.

Sorry, you can't have cheap and all the fixings. It doesn't work that way. Plus what you are looking for doesn't exist anyhow. If you don't come to this realization, you will forever be chasing unicorns down down rabbit holes and you will never be happy. The end result is that you'll actually end up spending more money, which you were trying to to spend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread