Hello all round newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoeny

Nov 23, 2012
norfolk uk
Hello all, newbie to forum and newbie to smoking Ecigs. I am bound to have posted this in the wrong section, but guess some kind peep will re direct me.

A question, battery sticks, is it best to wait until they are completely out of power before re-charging, or is it ok to give them a boost if you are off out and want to make sure they are topped up?

phoeny

Nov 23, 2012
norfolk uk
Thank you! er, now, I decided to go for a variety to see which I liked best, I have Best4ecig, their Menthol are pretty good although I have been reading up on using menthol crystals to add a bit more umph, I have Lifestyle - expensive and not overly impressed and also Green Vapor - not impressed.
Out of them all I like Best4ecigs - so far :O)

phoeny

Nov 23, 2012
norfolk uk
Thank you! er, now, I decided to go for a variety to see which I liked best, I have Best4ecig, their Menthol are pretty good although I have been reading up on using menthol crystals to add a bit more umph, I have Lifestyle - expensive and not overly impressed and also Green Vapor - not impressed.
Out of them all I like Best4ecigs - so far :O)

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

phoeny

Nov 23, 2012
norfolk uk
Thank you for the list, looks like I have some reading to do. Can you explain to me what you mean by ciggie look alikes.
I gave up smoking 13 months ago and 3 stone later decided enough was enough, I can do without the smoke, or the 'orrible taste but need the nicotine, tried a proper cig and felt awful, so started on the ecigs 10 days ago, I just saw them in a shop and bought a packet so newbie perhaps did not describe me enough utter newbie may be more apt :O)
I did by a bottle of liquid to refill and have learnt how to do that without choking myself to death or getting a delightful mouth full of pure liquid.

phoeny

Nov 23, 2012
norfolk uk
Right, it is obvious I need some help here (understates to highest degree!!)

I assume you guys on here are 'old hands' help a newbie out, there must be a favorite above all others. I am after getting the sensation of smoking without the nasty bits, I like to take a nice long draw and get the sensation I am actually smoking a real cig, even down to the nice little burn at the back of the throat, does such a ecig exist that would suit me? oh and I do not like the sweet taste I am getting from some of the ones I have!

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sorry for delay in getting back to you Phoeny.

By ciggie lookalike, I just mean an e-cig that looks like a real cig :) They work OK, but aren't very powerful & due to the size of the battery, they need constantly recharging. You would do much better going for an ego or Riva - they are more the size of a cigar. For example this kit (use discount code ECF10 for 10% off) -

The VE Riva 1100 Deluxe Kit £34.95 - Deluxe Vaping Kits - Riva 1100 Kit Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

Fishtec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
England
My standard recommendation to new starters is a ego c twist not to big good draw time and good battery life and will never get outdated due to it being variable voltage which may not be relevant now but almost always is the more you get into vaping I have round about 500 pounds of vaping equipment sat at home and my ego twist has not been pushed to the side once

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Phoey, if you really do want to stick with a ciggie lookalike e-cig, then the Ritchy Era would be better than what you have already. It's a higher mAh battery so will last a bit longer between recharges. It's also compatible with 510 cartomisers that can be bought from any of the good UK vendors -

Ritchy Era 510 Starter Kit £23.99 - Basic Vaping Kits - Ritchy Era 510 Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

And if you want a nice smooth e-liquid (still has a good throat hit though), try the Black Cat from the same vendor -

Black Cat £12.99 - Grizwald's Gourmet Range - Gourmet Tobaccos Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
No need to apologise :eek:) Not only do I see double I reply double -an age thing you know Sorry!!

No need to worry. It happenes to me all the time. Welcome to ECF. I just want to wish you the best of luck with your new journey. The only regret I have is that I started smoking in the first place. The reward from that mistake was being able to find ECF for the help and support I need.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Right, it is obvious I need some help here (understates to highest degree!!)

I assume you guys on here are 'old hands' help a newbie out, there must be a favorite above all others. I am after getting the sensation of smoking without the nasty bits, I like to take a nice long draw and get the sensation I am actually smoking a real cig, even down to the nice little burn at the back of the throat, does such a ecig exist that would suit me? oh and I do not like the sweet taste I am getting from some of the ones I have!

If you want an eCig that tastes like an traditional cigarette with the 'kick' in the throat throat hit you're seeking... then THIS eCig will definitely suit you.... it's pricey... but! it performsYou need the NJoy KING (reds).... NJOY King 3 Pack - NJOY

However, when your tastes for eCigs 'mature' to where you want more 'flavor'... so to speak? You'll want to graduate to a CigEasy GO-Go FURY ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread