Hello All: New Guy Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sour Diesel

Feb 7, 2013
Virginia
This is my first post, just joined you guys today. My name's nick, I've been trying to quit smoking since I first turned 18 (ill be 19 on the 10th) and I bought a mall kiosk e-cig called "Smoke Free". I lost that charger, went to the same kiosk and they had this "New" brand called "Brilliant smoke" and he gave me a pack of carts and a battery and charger for 45 bucks.

Now (myself an e-cig noob) was thinking all e-cig brands were using the same technology and it was all just a new market for commission employee's. I probably got jipped both those times, however I'm currently happy with my Brilliant Smoke battery and carts for now, unless you guys wanna help me out with some sugguestions!?

I heard V2 are the best, but there are so many brands out that I'm overwhelmed, plus reading all of your guys' new vocabulary doesn't help :D

ALSO:::is it possible to take the cotton from the inside of one cart that doesn't fit my battery and replace that fresh cotton strip or whatever into another cart? I ask b/c I have like 15 carts of that smoke free brand that is useless with my new battery...

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
Welcome to the forum. I also started with an e-cig from a mall kiosk a long time ago.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions while on the forum. To answer your question, I highly doubt they changed the size of the cartridges. So, you can use the ones you have now on your new battery. Without having to take out the filler material.

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
Welcome to ECF. I was like you once. I got one of those mall kiosk deals years and years ago. I hated it. I used it for about half a day and trashed it.

Years later I came back to the vaping world and found all these changes. If you don't mind it not looking like a cigarette an eGo or eGo style would be a good choice to start with.

If your happy with the cig-a-likes thats good also. All that matters is that it works for you and keeps you off the stinkies.

keyonee90

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Houston, TX
Welcome! Just joined today also! I too started with the "mall" type e-cigs. I say give a ego-t or ego-c starter kit a try for the newbie bigger sized e-cig. It allows you to use your own e-juice as well, so you can go to different online vendors and choose juice that you like other than the prefilled cartos. Once you get juices you can then start mixing to make your own concoction ;). From there just research and see what best suits you for juice and other personal vaporizers.

Glad more people are joining just like i am!

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world
Welcome to ECF, the search feature will be your best friend. You will probably find the kiosk e-cig lacking sooner than later, but just be prepared for that and do what ever it take to stay off the analogs. Dont worry about cheating here and there if you must, eventually you will find vaping much more satisfiying than those stinkies anyway.

Good luck to you!!

Sour Diesel

Feb 7, 2013
Virginia
Thanks! And yeah what they did was invert the atomizer on the cartridges. So my new battery has a convex twist-on, while my old brand is concave, so there's no way I can fit it. green-smoke-battery1.jpg e-Cigarette-Two-piece.female.battery.gif

not the exact brands, but that general idea...

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Welcome Sour and Key, and congrats on switching to vaping or at least giving it a shot!! Not sure where you are in the process. There really isn't a way to change the filling in the cartos, and I'm not even sure you could find an adapter. The best thing I could suggest is to see if there is a vape store near you. Not a mall kiosk, but a good store. VaporSearchUSA check here. Here are a few things to consider when deciding on which type of vape items you want to use.

All Li-ion batteries (what we use in vaping) have about 300-400 charging cycles. If you let it run 1/2 way down and recharge, it knows that is only 1/2 a vaping cycle. Once it's done it's done. So if you get something like an ego, then you have to replace the whole unit. An Ego T MOD (different than ego t with tanks) has a rechargeable battery that you install in it and then you replace just an $8.00-10.00 battery. The ones with replaceable batteries are going to be bigger than an ego which is about the size of a sharpie marker. So is size more important, or long term cost savings more important?

Juice holders. Many types. I personally can't stand the cartos with filler in them, so I use clearomizers. These are typically plastic tubes (vary in size) with an atomizer and a wick instead of filler. I can see how much juice is in there, and I don't have that filler taste. Easy to clean and reuse, and if I do need to replace an atty head, it's about 3.00 each. Much more affordable for me in the long run than buying cartos. (cartos are the things in your photo that came with your battery). My personal favorite is the vision vivi nova. If you like cartos, they are simple. Use it a few days to a week then toss it out, and fairly inexpensive.

Variable voltage vs set voltage. The sharpie sized ego or an ego t mod has only one volt setting, and it goes down as the battery drains, so you can't control the amount of heat you're using to vaporize your juice. With a vv mod (more expensive) you can set it to the voltage you desire, you have more control. Some juices taste better at various temps. Do you want to fine tune your vaping or just keep it simple and cheaper with a set voltage? Most vv devices are Mods that you insert batteries into rather than charging the whole thing.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your decision to vape. Folks here will share their ideas and thoughts about what is good e-cig and what is bad e-cig. Remember this, the best e-cig for you is the one that keeps you off burning tobacco. Glad you found ECF. You are about to meet friends you didn't even know you had ! lol

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Welcome Sour and Key, and congrats on switching to vaping or at least giving it a shot!! Not sure where you are in the process. There really isn't a way to change the filling in the cartos, and I'm not even sure you could find an adapter. The best thing I could suggest is to see if there is a vape store near you. Not a mall kiosk, but a good store. VaporSearchUSA check here. Here are a few things to consider when deciding on which type of vape items you want to use.

All Li-ion batteries (what we use in vaping) have about 300-400 charging cycles. If you let it run 1/2 way down and recharge, it knows that is only 1/2 a vaping cycle. Once it's done it's done. So if you get something like an ego, then you have to replace the whole unit. An Ego T MOD (different than ego t with tanks) has a rechargeable battery that you install in it and then you replace just an $8.00-10.00 battery. The ones with replaceable batteries are going to be bigger than an ego which is about the size of a sharpie marker. So is size more important, or long term cost savings more important?

Juice holders. Many types. I personally can't stand the cartos with filler in them, so I use clearomizers. These are typically plastic tubes (vary in size) with an atomizer and a wick instead of filler. I can see how much juice is in there, and I don't have that filler taste. Easy to clean and reuse, and if I do need to replace an atty head, it's about 3.00 each. Much more affordable for me in the long run than buying cartos. (cartos are the things in your photo that came with your battery). My personal favorite is the vision vivi nova. If you like cartos, they are simple. Use it a few days to a week then toss it out, and fairly inexpensive.

Variable voltage vs set voltage. The sharpie sized ego or an ego t mod has only one volt setting, and it goes down as the battery drains, so you can't control the amount of heat you're using to vaporize your juice. With a vv mod (more expensive) you can set it to the voltage you desire, you have more control. Some juices taste better at various temps. Do you want to fine tune your vaping or just keep it simple and cheaper with a set voltage? Most vv devices are Mods that you insert batteries into rather than charging the whole thing.

Great info there Debadoo. I'd like to add that with the Vivi Novas, you can replace the atomizer head inside several times before throwing them out. :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Great info there Debadoo. I'd like to add that with the Vivi Novas, you can replace the atomizer head inside several times before throwing them out. :)

Thanks. I did mention cleaning and reusing, but didn't think about rebuilding them. I can't do that due to arthritis/eye issues, but that's a great point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread