Heeeelp

Status
Not open for further replies.

breezyncj

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Georgia
Is this metal part at the bottom supposed to come off in order to clean it out better? If it is please tell me how in the hell I'm supposed to get it off, or if I'm going about this totally wrong. Just trying to refill with a different liquid for the first time. TIA.
jy3e7a5e.jpg

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

rowdyplace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
*****Edited to clarify that this post was to the OP's first post in this thread******

Looks like the answer is no. I think it is called a Ce4. It appears to be one of the inexpensive models that are virtual throwaways. You need several anyway for backups and the different flavors - just swap "tips".

They are inexpensive on ebay and readily available at any local B&M (brick and morter storefront).

I have cleaned mine by soaking in mild dish soapy warm water (rinse many times in plain warm water), followed by a soak in 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. I put it and the alcohol on a small jar and shake it several times. Drain, and let dry. If in a hurry, use a hair dryer. (Some suggest cheap vodka)

There are many models out there. the better ones can be taken apart for cleaning - and, the inner works are replaceable. (Do a google on my favorite - Kanger T3)

Good luck and hang in there!

If the bottom metal does not unscrew, it is what I'm talking about, the cheap ones.

Last edited:

breezyncj

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Georgia
I used ce4s when I first started. They can be rinsed in hot water but it's a pita waiting for the wicks to dry out. I used to take my hair dryer to them after rinsing to dry them a bit before refilling.

What about the little center part though..I thought you weren't supposed to let anything get in there..?

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
looks alot like my CE8 without the bottom threaded coil holder in place... BUT it also looks like the stem is inside the tank.. you could have possibly unscrewed the bottom coil holding ring and the airtube is still stuck in the tank... just maybe the airtube can be pulled from the tank ... normally the airtube comes out with the bottom ring...

rowdyplace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
The center part is where the wick and heating coil are. It is also where the bad taste comes from.
Getting the soapy water in and out of there will remove some of this gunk. The rinse water gets the dirt and soap out. The alcohol gets some more of the crud out and displaces the water. That is why one must let it dry, dry, dry before using it again.

breezyncj

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Georgia
The center part is where the wick and heating coil are. It is also where the bad taste comes from.
Getting the soapy water in and out of there will remove some of this gunk. The rinse water gets the dirt and soap out. The alcohol gets some more of the crud out and displaces the water. That is why one must let it dry, dry, dry before using it again.

Cool..thank you. :)

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
After you rinse it good blow through the center tube as best you can to get any water out. When you refill angle the clearo so you let the liquid run down the side to fill. If the wicks are full of water all you will get is gurgling so It's best to dry them if you can. With clearos you always need more than 1 and try to get ce5/6/7. The later revisions come apart and have replaceable atomizer heads, much easier to use.

breezyncj

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Georgia
After you rinse it good blow through the center tube as best you can to get any water out. When you refill angle the clearo so you let the liquid run down the side to fill. If the wicks are full of water all you will get is gurgling so It's best to dry them if you can. With clearos you always need more than 1 and try to get ce5/6/7. The later revisions come apart and have replaceable atomizer heads, much easier to use.

Thanks a bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread