Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I think of it as having the right power elements to drive the pv.

A decent 4 bay charger plus two rotations of batteries can be had for less than the price of the pv. I'm talking LG/Samsung/Sony batteries, Xtar charger.

If a person doesn't already have the proper batteries and charger, isn't willing to invest the $ to get good, safe, power equipment, they are a bad candidate to be using such a device.

The sales literature for the unit should be very clear about this, I expect it will be.

nlgeekdad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
Vape fellows,

Exclusive news!! Exclusive news!! Exclusive news!!

Wismec will have another Reuleaux Mod, it is callled Reuleaux RX200.

It seems the only difference between them is the chip board.

944f492fb33d13253c4d4ed933491760.jpg

For more details, please click here WISMEC Reuleaux RX200 TC Express Kit W/O Battery

Heaven Gifts wants to know how do you think Wismec Reuleaux RX200 TC Mod.

If you have any experience with any mod loaded with DNA200 chip board, that would be better.

Please let us know your expectation on RX 200 chip board (Just spit out your opinions on it, like the form factor, your expected retail price, your first impression, etc.)

Almost forget to tell you, Wismec claims that RX200 chip board performs better than DNA200 does.

We will choose 3 best expectations, and they will get our secret gifts.;)
So I am not the best to tell you the differences between this box mod and the next as I haven't yet had experience with them. What I can tell you is it how it looks. This mod looks stunning, the size and shape makes it look like it would fit comfortably in your hand and not awkwardly like others I have seen. The colored White and Green I am not drawn too and the black does look nice. I believe some other color designs may make this mod more appealing.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I think it's more about using it as a pass through (vaping while charging). I read somewhere that it was dangerous. The science behind why it wasn't safe made a lot of sense when I read it. If I come across it again I will post it for you.
Okay, thank you! I have heard people say it's dangerous but I never have heard why. :)

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
yeah cool,use a seperate charger.over heat in confined area will destroy batts and mod,not to mention the external body pieces.
Ive only had it a couple days (still working on putting up a review). Ive used the on board charger (will do so solely during my testing) and so far it hasnt generated any noticeable heat....seems to charge at a low c rating. With the great battery life, it seems that topping batteries off at night with the on board charger is perfectly feasable

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Onboard charging can be nice, as a backup, but I'd still use my external chargers as the normal mode. Charger design (and the testing that people at places like candlepower forum do) isn't super secret, but it takes work to do really well.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
USMC, how are you liking the mod thus far?
So far its great....ive only had one issue....tc with ss, but i believe its because I'm using SS430 and the tcr is probably for another more common type....my issue with the ss is too hot for set temp on single coil, and drops out of tc mode with twisted coil. I'll be looking to pick up different ss wire to test it properly. I'm using it in Ti mode now...the regulation is similar to the evic in smoothness, but seems a tad more accurate

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Long and short....its well worth the price tag....and with upgradeable firmware, you can fewl safe that any issues we may find can be addressed and fixed at home (software wise, and QC is top notch, even on my vendor sample unit)

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe
Ive only had it a couple days (still working on putting up a review). Ive used the on board charger (will do so solely during my testing) and so far it hasnt generated any noticeable heat....seems to charge at a low c rating. With the great battery life, it seems that topping batteries off at night with the on board charger is perfectly feasable

what I meant to get across was that there could be a disaster with on board charging.my bad

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
what I meant to get across was that there could be a disaster with on board charging.my bad
I agree with that. Anything with a battery could potentially become a problem, but I guess what I don't get is why it would be worse inside a mod than it would be in a charger. I can be a little dense, though, so I appreciate everyone's input! :)

Reactions: Ding

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
Long and short....its well worth the price tag....and with upgradeable firmware, you can fewl safe that any issues we may find can be addressed and fixed at home (software wise, and QC is top notch, even on my vendor sample unit)

Excellent, I'm looking forward to reading more about you experience with it.

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
you are counting on the usb port to have solid connections ;) and i've seen too many reports of those ports failing to put my trust in them. :D
The ports on mods with removable batteries? I did not know that! I have never had a problem with a port in any mod so I definitely consider myself lucky now. Thanks, Tibbs! :)

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I've also never had a usb port fail, on anything...except for one phone i bought used....with an already wonky port [emoji14]
I dont wear kidd gloves, but I'm not excessively hard on them either...if the plug doesnt fit in easily, i check why instead of pushing harder for example.
With the built in safety features most boards have now, and using quality cells, i have zero issue using on board charging, and in many cases prefer it for simplicity.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I think what ends up happening, is people aren't paying attention and end up breaking the USB off in the port. I've never done it, but know plenty of people that have done it with their phones.
That doesn't sound like anything that would cause problems for the batteries. I don't know what about a USB port would cause batteries to vent, but it would be useful information to have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread