heaven-gifts.com, Firefox claims its a fraud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
Heaven Gifts has the 510-t XL tanks I want and will ship from where and how I prefer it. So I placed an order with them and bought some other stuff (about $70 worth) along with the tanks.

Anyway, I check out with paypal. I go through the whole paypal process and paypal sends me back to heaven gifts' website. Instead of being sent there, I get this red warning page that says this site has been reported to firefox as a fraud site. Yikes!

With personal post data removed, this was the link I was being sent to:

http://www.heaven-gifts.com/plugins/payment/pay.paypal.php?<post data here>

At this point, I know its too late. I know enough about how the backend of paypal works to know my payment has already been sent out and this page direct is just for me, to allow the vendor to show me the payment has been received. So I click ignore this warning, because its way too late to to anything if this is a fraud site.

AFAIK, the Firefox page is just a warning page that this site has been reported to Mozilla as a fraud. It could be a false positive. Then again it could not be. Doing a quick search I could not find the source of Firefox's phishing list.

I have already changed my paypal password and have emailed heaven gifts about this. The next step would be to lock my paypal account and open a tickect with paypal. But this would put stress on Heaven gifts. If they are a legit site, and everything here at ECF says they are, this would be a bit unfair to them and I do want those tanks.

Besides some customs issues (which is irrelevant to me), I checked out Heavens gifts here before buying there and it generally receives good reviews. So I am wondering if anyone else has seen this and knows anything about this or heaven gifts? Or what would you do in my situation?

Thanks!

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
Got a reply:

[FONT="]Hello friend,[/FONT][/COLOR] [LEFT][LEFT][COLOR=navy][FONT="]Thanks for your letter.[/FONT][/LEFT][/LEFT]
[FONT="]We appreciate your information. We have gotten your payment and we will arrange the shipping 20110709151317 today. For fraud site, It is absolutely a mistake of [URL="http://www.google.com/"]www.google.com[/URL], there is no dangerous code on heaven-gifts.com. More details please refer to 【News】It is safe to shop at Heaven Gifts! Heaven Gifts.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Tracking number of your package is RA047972423CN. Usually it takes 10--25 working days via registered airmail to arrive, more shipping details please refer to [url=http://www.heaven-gifts.com/page-H3321.html]How to track my order? Shipping? FAQ Company Info Help Heaven Gifts[/url][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT][COLOR=navy][FONT="]Hoping you get it earlier.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Best wishes[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][LEFT][COLOR=navy][FONT="]Heaven Gifts
[/FONT]

Clicking the link given and doing quick research as well as reading around here for the last day or so about it, I feel much better.
[FONT="][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
[LEFT][COLOR=navy][FONT="]
[/FONT]
"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread