Heat and airflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Hey everyone. I've ventured into rebuilding with a zenith v2 clone from tobecco and I love this rda so far. I'm using it on an mvp2, feels like it's not getting enough justice, but I'm trying to keep my budget low, I do want to upgrade eventually.

My question today is about airflow on the coil from the airflow hole and drip tip. I had a 1.6ohm coil in my rda, 12 wraps of 28g on a 16gauge syringe needle, slightly larger than a 1/16 bit. The vape did not taste burnt or dry, but very hot. The coil was lined up with the airflow and wide open. I was using a wide bore drip tip.

I figured it was my build, I also wanted to experiment with larger coils, so I did a 1.8ohm coil 10 wraps on a 14 gauge syringe needle, larger than a 5/64 bit. The build came out nice. Lined her up with far off the posts and in front of the airflow hole. I still had the same issue. I swapped drip tips from the wide bore to I guess you could say a "standard size" and the vape is so much cooler. Mind you I was staying below 9 watts because it was so damn hot for me. Now I can go back up

I'm a bit relieved to find out that the drip tip may have caused the issue, but can someone give me some tips on how you control your airflow from your airflow hole(mine is adjustable) and the drip tip. Right now it's wide open and I'm using the standard drip tip I spoke of.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread