Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Has anybody noticed that their hearing has improved?

Well, mine has. I've been losing it little by little over the past years. The worst times, of course, when the sinuses were driving me nuts.
I've noticed the improvement this summer but thought it was because I have less sinus problems since vaping.
In the summer I watch very little TV but since the new fall season has started, I'm watching more. And low and behold, I can hear it without turning the volumn up so much. And the voices are clearer!!!
I'm not going deaf!!!:):):)

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
No. In fact, extra nicotine narrows the blood vessels serving the ear and can significantly worsen tinnitus (ringing in the ears). When I overload on nic, I can hear my own pulse beats from arteries passing near the ears. Nicotine is not a friend of hearing, or vision, which is also diminished from decreased blood flow.

To improve hearing, sight and smell, cut out nicotine, don't just change the source of it.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
No. In fact, extra nicotine narrows the blood vessels serving the ear and can significantly worsen tinnitus (ringing in the ears). When I overload on nic, I can hear my own pulse beats from arteries passing near the ears. Nicotine is not a friend of hearing, or vision, which is also diminished from decreased blood flow.

To improve hearing, sight and smell, cut out nicotine, don't just change the source of it.

Luckily industrial equipment and too many 45 ACP rounds have taken care of my hearing long ago. Smell has improved because sinus problems have completely disappeared. My sight is perfectly normal. So, I guess I am lucky in that respect.

Kevin

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I tortured my ears as a teen listening to loud music. Now I pay with non-stop tinnitus. An article yesterday said the EC is going to require MP3 player makers to lower the default volume level, put warning labels on the devices and require some kind of notification warning if a foolish or ignorant user cranks up the volume.

Believe me that is is indeed play today and pay tomorrow. Tomorrow will come. Regret won't silence tinnitus.

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.

Although true for your condition, not for mine.
No doubt my improvement is from no more smoke, which lead to sinus conditions, and issues in my Eustachian tube.

Last edited:

YoMike

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Maui HI
I've always had a problem with to much ear wax. It has gotten to a point I needed to clean my ears out with peroxide consistently. Recently my left ear was jammed with wax couldn't hear a thing out it. Yesterday all of the sudden I notice I could hear with my left ear not just hear but really HEAR. Now both ears are clear as a bell the TV volume went form 22 down to 13 now! My car stereo sounds like a stereo! I know the sinuses are connected to the ears I was a SCUBA diver for over a decade. Vaping for a month now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread