Headache and Nausea...Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluefrogger

Feb 3, 2014
BC
Sorry if this is the wrong place to add this. But I am a Non smoker and have set up my husband to use an e-cig in hopes to quit. We don't have nicotine e-juice here yet (live in Canada) so he smoked his vapour e-cig during a 40 min car ride today. I got the worst head ache almost immediately and near the end of the 40 min threw up. My head felt like it was going to explode afterwards I was trying to squeeze it and put pressure on it. Couldn't wait to get home. Popped an Advil and Tylenol and passed out for 3 hours. Woke up perfectly fine. I have no doubt this was a reaction to the vapour, which I agree is totally weird. Allergy? Sensitivity? I haven't found much info on second hand side effects.

LokeDogg00

Nov 9, 2012
Cle Elum WA
I have had those symptoms when I take one to many drags of my 36 mg liquid. Its at that moment when I think to myself man I should probably start decreasing my nic intake but then the feeling passes after about 15 minutes and I want more. It reminds me of when I was younger and would take a dip of Copenhagen every once in awhile, what an uncomfortable buzz that was when I was like 15

Aviz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
SF E. Bay , CA
I strongly disagree. THERE IS LITTLE CHANCE THAT A 15 Y SMOER WILL OVERDOSE ON 12 mg (or 1.2%)VAPE.
24mg is similar to what you get from a Malboro light based on my experience and research that shows vapor is half as effective as cigarettes in absorption, not to mention it does not pass the brain barrier as rapidly. its something else.
However, you have to remember that Unlike cigarettes the "FIX" comes gradually, it takes a good twenty minutes for the vape nic to kick in (no ammonia and chemicals to force it in your brain). so you need more self control, pace yourself and give it time - the craving will disappear.
1. Try a VG based juice, you have a PG allergy
2. Check with your doctor, there might be something else in play
3. Try another vendor (PM me for my list)
4. If you are a heavy smoker, I don't think you should go under 12mg, it will be hard
Too much nicotine? Nicotine withdrawal combo with too much nic in your juice. Try 6mg nic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread