Having issues with email notification links to subscribed threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Recently the past week or so , the email instant notification links that I subscribe to in every thread I choose will not redirect me back to this ECF site or the subscribed thread...its just tries forever and attempts to for at least 20 minutes to link up, as I can see my computer doing the attempting spinning lil circle to connect to the site and thread here.....I never had this problem before until about a week ago...Previously I was always redirected here immediately when I selected instant email notification subscription...I thought it may be just because the site was too busy at the time but I can access the site through my "favorites" and your home page very quickly in 1-2 seconds but never through the marked instant email notifications subscriptions...to add, I never have a problem with being redirected to another URL at any other sites, so I know its not an issue with my computer , or incorrect subscription settings I choose here after some of my posts in various sub forums or threads here..Can U please look into this for me or help to resolve this so I can actually redirect to the ECF threads that I set for instant email notifications?..Thank You for your assistance in this matter

BTW, I have looked at my settings at the site here and can also see that I have definitely subscribed to certain threads but they just won't allow me to be redirected to them from my computer..but other sites do redirect me to other URL's with no problems from my computer and their email notifications..

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
It was on every thread that I had subscribed to in the past week or so, and would NOT redirect me to the ECF threads...but I just now got here via the email notification redirected link URL because I also subscribed to this thread..and the redirect worked fine just now for the first time in week or 2 weeks...thank you if U just somehow fixed this problem..again, it worked just now as it use to...

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
LOL...I couldn't redirect to here the URL from the email norifications that I received of your last 2 posts this time,...hahahaha...there's a ghost in here controlling the boards,,,lol.....so its intermittent, even on the same thread...lol

and nope, none of the threads had been moved....including this one that emailed notification worked the first time from you, ,,,but neither of your next 2 posts would comnnect here and redirect even though I actually did get an email notification of each....same happens with other threads now that I subscribe to...last 1-2 weeks , NO email nitifications URL's would redirect back to their threads...but there is a lil change for the better but its still NOT right and working correctly most of the time..

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
That's strange as I'm being directed to the proper location immediately upon clicking the link in the email. Are you getting any error messages or other clues as to what's going on when you click the link in the email?

What browser and addons are you using? Does the issue persist with all browser addons turned off for testing?

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Just had 4 email notifivcations, all wgich I can read at my email inbox but not get redirected to the site here and URLS...this thread I connected to with no problems...the other 3 was a no go...there is no error messages, popups or any clues to hint of the cause, just the circking cursor attempting to connect to the URL's here forever...I'm using IE 10 browser...haven't tried disabling any addons cause doesn't make sense to , since it works for some threads sometimes and not others sometimes.....there is NO pattern or routine to relate to..,..those addons either are on or off all the time...addons wouldn't cause inconsistency at the same site ECF here and sane inconsistency to the same thread like this one, and from the same computer....if my browser had issues it would be not only at this site and intermittent here..

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Ugh! You're gonna make me reboot into Winderz and use IE aren't you?
xRQOiw7.gif

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
hahahaha...you're a good man Charlie Brown...lol...I have faith that U will get to the bottom of this and make everybody happy :toast:

I don't think I am the only person with this issue, ECF will have a lil extra in your check for resolving this when U do...hahaha..I use to own and admin and mod at a few satellite tv sites years ago and know ALL the bonuses that sites pay the mods....lmao...

BTW, TY for taking the time to mod and help all us members..most ppl don't realize its a volunteer position with no monies...

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I would clear out all IE history and then go to the Advanced tab, Restore advanced options, and do a Reset on Internet Explorer options from the same tab. It should ask you to close and re-open IE at that point.

IE has a tendency to sometimes get weirded out and cause inconsistent issues. Using Google Chrome myself and not seeing any of the issues that you are describing.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
NO change...did the CC cleaning and clearing of IE history and everything even the registry, and IE options -advanced and restoring and resetting within IE (lost all my popup settings and addons etc and brought me back to factory default settings) but still didn't change the intermittent issue here..so its has to be site related....

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
This site and email notifications always worked fine up every time for many months since I been here..and I have had IE10long time and haven't had any updates or changes or new addons recently....or any new puter programs or utilities or changes other than simple windows updates since this issue started...so I'm stumped...lol...cold beer and take a break...maybe between us, something will pop up that will grab our attention..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread