Having Blu issues? Bad batts? Bad atty? Need blank carts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
I may have a solution for you!

Check out this link: http://www.modernvapor.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=3

The Sidesho units are essentially Blu, but the batts are a tad longer. I have some red and blue on order (with matching attys of course) to do a test fit to see if they fit in the Blu PCC without modification.

But with Modern Vapor you won't have to worry about DOA batteries, or crappy customer service that Blu has become famous for. M/V will take care of you with professionalism that apparently Blu is sorely lacking. Being a tad larger these batts could realistically be expected to perform better, longer and with more consistency as well. I will report back when mine arrive.

Another bonus is you won't have to wait untold weeks for an order to be completed.

Another bonus... you can't buy blank carts for the Blu. You are saddled with buying their underflavored carts at a high price. M/V has blank carts that will fit!! Not only that, but the inner cart is larger and has more filler so you can actually hold more juice.

It may be that you have to use a M/V Sidesho atty, but I'll be able to confirm this in a day or two when mine arrive. I will report back.

On a side note: To those considering canceling a long backorder on a Blu, or considering returning your Blu.... buy a Sidesho kit INSTEAD of going forward with the Blu. You'll get better initial quality and better customer service for a unit that is near-identical.

KIT-SIDESHO-RED-3T.jpg
KIT-SIDESHO-BLU-3T.jpg

KIT-SIDESHO-BLK-3T.jpg
KIT-SIDESHO-Stainless-BLK-3T.jpg

BL-CARTS-SIDESHO-2T.jpg
ATO-SIDESHO-1.jpg

BATT-SIDESHO-1.jpg

fanrainbow2.jpg

Last edited:

John Garrett

Moved On
Aug 31, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: supplier multiple identity

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
you know i am not a huge supporter of blu, but it is kind of uncool of you to blatantly advertise another company in their subforum like this

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but all I'm doing is sharing a recent discovery that may help Blu owners out of the hell many are in.

Putting this in the Blu forum makes sense because this is where a Blu owner will go to seek advice or resolution. Putting this info anywhere else would do no one any good.

You should probably go yell at the guy who posted in here about Volcano cigs. You know, so I don't feel singled out or anything. :)

Last edited:

John Garrett

Moved On
Aug 31, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

SuperRealtor

Moved On
Sep 3, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

AmplexorJ

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Alabama, USA
you know i am not a huge supporter of blu, but it is kind of uncool of you to blatantly advertise another company in their subforum like this

Yeah I agree.... not cool

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but all I'm doing is sharing a recent discovery that may help Blu owners out of the hell many are in.

Putting this in the Blu forum makes sense because this is where a Blu owner will go to seek advice or resolution. Putting this info anywhere else would do no one any good.

You should probably go yell at the guy who posted in here about Volcano cigs. You know, so I don't feel singled out or anything. :)

It may seem like a good marketing technique but I believe it may prove a bit inelastic.(ie. you'll end up upsetting a potential customer base)

besides you come off like a Used-Car salesman. You should stop riding coat-tails and make your own way. It will prove more profitable after a slower upstart.

This has been my PSA of the Day :evil:

PS. My first ecig was a Blu and I didnt like it at all. Cust Svc was great tho. I dont try to bash Blu(apparently alot of ppl enjoy them) I just dont like 'em ;)

Last edited:

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
Two things become readily apparent when I read your post Amplexor....

1) You have never read my other posts about Blu. I am typically "accused" of being a Blu sympathizer, a supporter.

2) You seem to think I am a vendor, or someone making money off of Sidesho sales. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I have a Blu and love it, but there are many who bought one and do not like it. This is a great alternative. There are a LOT og great e-cigs out there, but some feel rather alien to new users wanting a direct cig replacement.

LABeachBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
I am an avid Blu user and recently bought the SideSho. It is very compatible with Blu, although I have to wait for the SideSho PCC to drain completely before I know if the Blu PCC USB charger will also charge the SideSho PCC (the blue light doesn't come on to indicate it is charging like it does for the Blu PCC).

Otherwise, the SideSho atty def puts out more vapor and more consistently over a longer period of time (assuming you hold it cart-side-up between drags). The batteries last longer too and better assortment of cart and bat led colors.

However, you cannot store a full unit in the PCC. You also cannot store more than one atty, which is a bummer encase it fails on the road (the Blu pack allows all carts pre-assembled with an atty for convenience and flavor seporation). You cannot store a SideSho battery in the Blu PCC or a cart with atty. But, you can store Blu Cig carts with attys in the SideSho PCC, but that defeats the glory of the SideSho atty performance.

So my next step is to somehow modify the SideSho atty by removing the exposed band around the atomizer and getting it to sit nicely in the Blu carts, but it will be a difficult task.

In the mean time, I am using the Sidesho at home and Blus on the road. I just don't trust atomizers enough to venture out and about with only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread