Has this happened to you (yet)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter T

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga CA
One time I filled up a 3ml bottle on my Mini, screwed it on tight and no matter how hard I squonked, I couldn't get any juice to the atty. So I took off the bottle and found there was no juice in the feeder tube. Good grief Charley Brown, I must have broke something. Panic!

Ever look at the bottom surface of a 3ml or 6ml bottle? They are concave on the outside, but they are also convex on the inside. If the feeder tube has a square cut at its end and rests on the inside bottom center of the bottle, the tube is blocked from delivering juice. It's like sucking on one end of a straw with your finger blocking the other end. If the end of the tube rests close to the bottle's side wall, then problem solved. The tube can't get blocked if its end is in a square corner.

From then on if I see the tube is in the middle of the bottle, I'll flick my finger on the bottle's wall to knock it off center before the final tightening of the bottle cap. I decided not to cut the tube on a an angle, because then I wouldn't be able to squonk almost all the juice out.

Silly little things sometimes make life interesting.

Ted

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
The tube getting a vacuum to the bottom of the bottle has happened to more than one of us! It causes panic, that is for sure! After a couple of times though, it is the first thing I check. Also if when filling the bottle you inadvertently move the cap it can cause the different length of tube in the bottle to allow it to reach the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread