Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
That's usually due to people trying to use "cigalikes" to quit smoking.
They don't really work so well for quitting smoking, although some here have managed that feat.
:)

I got to the point of quitting, using the eRoll -- but still superior to most cigalikes because you can use your own eliquid instead of someone's choice who's never TASTED a real cigarette! But I upgraded on my first full day of non-smoking, and I really don't know if I could have stuck with it, if I hadn't upgraded to something that holds more than .4ml or a battery charge that lasts more than 15 minutes.

Cigalikes really don't cut it, and especially the ones where you're stuck with someone else's nonsensical idea of what a cigarette should taste like.

Andria

Zakillah

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Vienna
I am more addicted to the ritual then on the nic and cigarettes never really tasted "good" to me in the first place. I'd have smoked any cigarette brand as long as it was strong enough, simply because of throat hit.

That said, in the last 15 months I lit 4 cigs. The first two I finished and didnt find them horrible, gave me quite the buzz, though.
That was when I had been vaping for a couple of months.
The last two I put out after 2 drags because I simply couldnt stand the taste. I now dont smoke because I dont want to, vaping satisfies my need for the ritual alot better. The clouds, the mixing juice, the rebuilding....it's all alot of fun to me.

Reactions: AndriaD

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
A few months ago I had a variation of that dream; I was sitting in a car, smoking a .... right down to the ...., and I suddenly realized, why am I doing this? and I ground it out furiously -- and woke up right after, so the dream stayed with me. Nothing like waking up with a smile on your face and a big ol neener to BT. :D But after that, now in dreams I'm always vaping, not smoking. I do think that "put it out furiously" dream is a major turning point... like the subconscious recognition that that part of life is gone.

Andria
I wish I could do that. Smoking runs in my mother's family, every single member, past and present, smoked. I often asked my doctors if it was in my genes and he said most probably. Neither of us drink or have other addictions (food, medicines) so most probably is a genetic thing. Meanwhile I struggle, my cousins still smoke...

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I wish I could do that. Smoking runs in my mother's family, every single member, past and present, smoked. I often asked my doctors if it was in my genes and he said most probably. Neither of us drink or have other addictions (food, medicines) so most probably is a genetic thing. Meanwhile I struggle, my cousins still smoke...

Whereas my family tree has more drunks than a barroom on saturday night -- but everyone had quit smoking except ME. So I got to hear all that 'so when are YOU going to quit?' garbage, like it was a foregone conclusion. I'd answer with... "about 10 minutes past NEVER." :D Naturally they're all thrilled that I did finally quit, and nobody's quibbling much about how I managed to do it, except my mom a bit, at first, but I settled that when I observed that she was just plain jealous that it was so easy for me, compared to her 10 yrs (and continuing!) suffering. ;)

Andria

PeteyPete

Mar 6, 2015
Indiana, USA
A few months ago I had a variation of that dream; I was sitting in a car, smoking a .... right down to the ...., and I suddenly realized, why am I doing this? and I ground it out furiously -- and woke up right after, so the dream stayed with me. Nothing like waking up with a smile on your face and a big ol neener to BT. :D But after that, now in dreams I'm always vaping, not smoking. I do think that "put it out furiously" dream is a major turning point... like the subconscious recognition that that part of life is gone.

Andria

My last cig was Thurs. Feb. 12, 2015. I had the first dream last week. I had grabbed the last Camel Filter that still sits in my car console and lit it before I realized what I was doing. I felt so guilty it woke me from a dead sleep.

I don't have cravings for actual cigs, but the habits were still there. At least I have subconciously stopped reaching for that imaginary pack on the end table. That's a good sign.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread