Harshness with different wick & Coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I recently goofed on an order and got ce5 replacement heads when I should have ordered the Vision V2 Ego Clearomizer heads. So I decided to take the wick and coil off the new head and put them on the old head and so far it has been a pain. The juice is from Ecblends 70/20 18mg. I reverted to my Ce4 clearomizer and the vapor is just fine, nice and smooth, no harshness. With my vision 2.0 clearomizer the ejuice is harsh and makes cough. For one thing, it feels like the juice is not getting sucked into the wick cause every now and then I get that dry hit (burnt) taste. And then I tilt my clearomizer to make sure juice is getting there and with little hits it seems ok, but I enjoy those long lung hits and just can't do it anymore. I did order the actual replacement heads for my vision 2.0 and they will be here soon, but I don't want to see these ce5 heads go to waste, would really like to just switch the coils and wicks to get my moneys worth. If your wondering, I am using the ego-t battery and the coil is 2.2ohm which was the same ohms as the previous coil.

I have already washed the clearo, thinking gunk was built up, but then again I had just put it on. I am wondering if it could be primer, but I also did a dry burn after cleaning. Really frustrated with this, whats weird is that the old wick had a circle mesh that went around the coil and the wicks went through that. Hopefully someone knows what I am talking about. The new wicks just go striaght out from the coil, I figured more juice would get to the coil, thus more vape/flavor. But so far no luck due to harshness and dry hits.

Eventually the new replacement heads will get here and I should be fine, my ce4 is also helping right now so its not a urgent issue. Just would like to get this fixed asap. I read through several threads before posting, no one had the same issue, from what I saw.

I also curious whether or not the wick needs to fluffed. Its a thicker wick and isn't as "Hairy" as the other wick. The other wick was falling apart but the strands were also loose. I did lift up the rubber cap a bit and then screwed the mouth piece on lightly and this seems to be helping which would confirm that it was pinching the wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread