hard to draw/light battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimgman

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
delaware
these batteries are finicky!!! my original order-one of the batteries died in 3 days along with the atomizer. just got 2 spares i ordered. one had some trouble lighting after an hours use, cleaned the threads, then it was acting a little sticky and stayed on a couple times. hoping it will just "break" in a bit. the other, i thought was doa, didnt light at all...then i drew real hard and it worked, along with a mouthful of liquid 8-o anyway, i found a solve for this....figured i'd share.... hold your thumb over the hole in the atomizer, which will give a "super vacuum" to the battery, and it will light with very little "draw". hold this a few seconds to heat up, then release the hole while continuing to draw.got great hits off it that way without straining. hoping this battery will loosen up a bit, and will prolly just keep it in the background for now as backup since it does require a little "trick" to make it work, but it does work prefectly for me when doing that...hope this helps even a few people.

jimgman

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
delaware
im not saying the draw is hard, i think that would come from a clogged atomizer. im saying you have to draw hard to get it to function.the opposite of an overly sensetive switch. covering the hole just forces ALL of your draw to the switch in the battery, instead of most of it going out the hole. the switch is in the battery, which should have nothing to do with the atomizer...

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Some batteries acting as you describe also come to life in a good way if you take off the atomizer so you hold just the battery; then blow and suck in turn on an end (or even on both ends) for a bit. You might see the lights starting to work much more regular then.

I have also had batteries that reacted well to this; then I could smoke well with them; but if I left them overnight or a couple of hours, they would be back to 'bad behaviour' again... so I repeated this process with the battery for a couple of days... and then they stayed good, didn't go back to finicky behaviour anymore.

Doesn't work with all... but some batteries can be brought to usefulness this way.

jimgman

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
delaware
saw someone say that blowing into an atomizer killed it, so i was afraid that could happen to a battery too, but i guess not, so maybe ill try that. i tried poking inside a bit on the sticky one, but i dont know what im poking at, and am afraid i may poke too hard, or the wrong spot, and damage it. i was hoping just normal use might wear the switch in, but maybe your method can speed that up. seems to stick about every 3-5 puffs, and stays on until the blinking shutoff thing

Some batteries acting as you describe also come to life in a good way if you take off the atomizer so you hold just the battery; then blow and suck in turn on an end (or even on both ends) for a bit. You might see the lights starting to work much more regular then.

Yeah, sucking in hard on the battery directly, several times in a row, will usually correct this issue. It does "loosen" it up if done enough.

Chris From Cali

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

Wow nice! I have a battery that would flicker a bit and that tip just fixed it, much more sensitive now, THANKS!

ZStyle81

Dec 2, 2008
Chicago
www.youtube.com

Doesn't work with all... but some batteries can be brought to usefulness this way.

This tip just saved a battery that has been giving me problems since day 1!!! Thanks so much great tip!

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Take off anything attached to the battery. Now put the end of the battery where the atomizer was into your mouth and blow-suck-blow-suck for a bit.
Some (not all) batteries also have holes at the led-side (the other end). Try blowing on that end for a bit too, if the batt still isn't working - if yours have those tiny holes also, you will see reaction from the battery doing it on that side too.

If it helps for a while, but the switch is stuck again after having rested the battery for a while.. then repeat the above; maybe for a few days after each time the battery has been out of service for awhile (and got stuck again) if needed.

Hopefully this will get your battery into good working-order again (mind you it isn't a cure-all... but it is one of the things that helps for certain 'ailments'). Hope it helps for your battery's too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread