HANA MODZ DNA 30 Clone arrived today from FT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
So I rolled the dice a couple of weeks and ordered the Hana Modz DNA 30 clone from FT for $56.00. It arrived today. Took exactly 17 days for delivery. Mod looks very good. No scratches or scuffs and it seems like a good quality mod with solid construction. No seam on top where the 510 connection is. Seam is on the back. Came with the Efest 18650 2500 mAh purple battery with almost a full charge.

My AQUA, IGO-L and Pulse-G all sit nice and flush on the 510 connector. My Stillare sits just a bit above the connector and my Brass Monkey is raised up quite a bit above the connector even with the connector screwed all the way down.

My AQUA is currently setup with a dual coil build at 1.1 ohms. I've been vaping it on my mechs and have been very satisfied with it. But when I put it on the HANA, it felt like a new, undiscovered level of vaping NIRVANA! I would have written this review a bit sooner but I had to wait for the clouds of vapor to dissipate first so I could see my keyboard!! lol

I use both mechs and regulated mods. I run my Tesla at between 10 -15 watts depending on my build but I haven't tried anything at 30 watts yet. The HANA was set at 30 watts out of the box so I decided to try my AQUA on it at 30 watts. HOLY FREAKIN CLOUDS of VAPOR!!!!!

Honestly, in over two years of vaping, this is the best vape I've had yet! Lets see....... In the past two years I've used the following: eGo, eGo-T MOD, Lava Tube, Lava Tube Mini, TESLA, Smoketek Telescope mech, Sentinel mech, Nemesis mech and a few others. For the most part, I have been happy with their performance.

But now I understand what all the fuss has been about the DNA 30. It really does vape like a steam locomotive!! 30 watts gave me a nice warm vape, more intense flavor and tons of vapor clouds! Attached a micro usb cable and verified that the charging port is working. I like the fact that I can use it as a passthrough when I'm at my desk.

I can also confirm what has been mentioned by some others in reference to the ohm readings. Mine does indeed read my coils at 0.1 ohm higher than they actually are. Not a deal breaker but still a minor issue.

Overall, quite happy with my first impression. Now let's see if it keeps performing consistently.

IMG_5720b.jpg IMG_5726.jpg IMG_5727.jpg IMG_5730.jpg

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Sounds like a nice collection you're starting. So you're done after that, huh? Good luck on that one. I've probably told myself "I'm done" at least a dozen times in the past but then there's always a new mod I want to try. Or a new RBA, RDA. Or new juices to try. LOL It's always something.

But it's all good. I've enjoyed the journey. The way I look at it is like this: I would have spent over $9,000 on analogs in just over two years!! So several hundred dollars spent on vaping over the same time period is nothing to worry about.

Good luck with your new toys and Happy Vaping.

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Hey thanks for the review nator, sounds good so far! :2cool: I have one on order from FT also, just left China today!

You're very welcome Buster. Hope you're as happy with it as I am. This thing ROCKS! I have six other good mods sitting on my desk right now. Haven't touched any of them since this 30 watt beast arrived!! Happy Vaping.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
So I rolled the dice a couple of weeks and ordered the Hana Modz DNA 30 clone from FT for $56.00. It arrived today. Took exactly 17 days for delivery. Mod looks very good. No scratches or scuffs and it seems like a good quality mod with solid construction. No seam on top where the 510 connection is. Seam is on the back. Came with the Efest 18650 2500 mAh purple battery with almost a full charge.

My AQUA, IGO-L and Pulse-G all sit nice and flush on the 510 connector. My Stillare sits just a bit above the connector and my Brass Monkey is raised up quite a bit above the connector even with the connector screwed all the way down.

My AQUA is currently setup with a dual coil build at 1.1 ohms. I've been vaping it on my mechs and have been very satisfied with it. But when I put it on the HANA, it felt like a new, undiscovered level of VAPING NIRVANA! I would have written this review a bit sooner but I had to wait for the clouds of vapor to dissipate first so I could see my keyboard!! lol

I use both mechs and regulated mods. I run my Tesla at between 10 -15 watts depending on my build but I haven't tried anything at 30 watts yet. The HANA was set at 30 watts out of the box so I decided to try my AQUA on it at 30 watts. HOLY FREAKIN CLOUDS of VAPOR!!!!!

Honestly, in over two years of vaping, this is the best vape I've had yet! Lets see....... In the past two years I've used the following: eGo, eGo-T MOD, Lava Tube, Lava Tube Mini, TESLA, Smoketek Telescope mech, Sentinel mech, Nemesis mech and a few others. For the most part, I have been happy with their performance.

But now I understand what all the fuss has been about the DNA 30. It really does vape like a steam locomotive!! 30 watts gave me a nice warm vape, more intense flavor and tons of vapor clouds! Attached a micro usb cable and verified that the charging port is working. I like the fact that I can use it as a passthrough when I'm at my desk.

I can also confirm what has been mentioned by some others in reference to the ohm readings. Mine does indeed read my coils at 0.1 ohm higher than they actually are. Not a deal breaker but still a minor issue.

Overall, quite happy with my first impression. Now let's see if it keeps performing consistently.

View attachment 357985 View attachment 357986 View attachment 357987 View attachment 357988

Yeah the FT Hana clones are getting great reviews and it's tough to beat that 6 month warranty. Most of the negatives you read about them are for the ones with the seam .

Good. I ordered a DNA20 from FT and threw the battery away immediately. I have 4 of the Efest 2500s and they are nice batteries. I am starting a collection. Have an IPV50 and IPV35 on order as well. Then I am done with buying anything. At least I hope so.

Shouldn't of thrown that away , it was Authentic , the spelling was just that, an error .

My mini is friggin awesome. I'm thinking I'll get the 18650 model as well.
20140717_122527_zpsb902f811.jpg

Wow, that mini does look really sweet , i heard they perform great as well .

I received my Hana clone from FastTech today as well. Finish looks good, 510 is straight, battery/chip compartment look cleaner than previous generations. Terrific cloud production. I'm VERY happy with it.

Excellent

You're very welcome Buster. Hope you're as happy with it as I am. This thing ROCKS! I have six other good mods sitting on my desk right now. Haven't touched any of them since this 30 watt beast arrived!! Happy Vaping.

I was sent a Cloupor from a very good hearted and caring member here , it does rock.

Buster282

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
FL USA
I just received my DNA 30 clone from FT today, supper device. I couldn't be happier. It's very clean inside. Ohms are .1 off, no biggie, heck I have a Vamo that's .2 off, could do without the logo. Price and everything else is just great! Battery looks good and it was 3/4 charged! Vapin her with my Kayfun/Russian clone and some Bobas Bounty at 11 watts! It's just "Sick as Titts!" :thumb:

OP: Is there any way to edit the title? how about The Official Fasttech Hana DNA 30 Clone Thread.

FT Hanna.jpg

Last edited:

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
I just received my DNA 30 clone from FT today, supper device. I couldn't be happier. It's very clean inside. Ohms are .1 off, no biggie, heck I have a Vamo that's .2 off, could do without the logo. Price and everything else is just great! Battery looks good and it was 3/4 charged! Vapin her with my Kayfun/Russian clone and some Bobas Bounty at 11 watts! It's just "Sick as Titts!" :thumb:

OP: Is there any way to edit the title? how about The Official Fasttech Hana DNA 30 Clone Thread.

View attachment 359718

That's awesome Buster282! Glad to hear you like it. I've hardly touched any of my other mods since this one arrived. I agree about the logo. I could do without it as well. They do sell the DNA 30 Modules and DIY Enclosure Cases separately without the logo. So why not make it an option to buy the completed mod without the logo? I think it should be an option.

Besides, I don't think it's necessary to copy logos. IMHO. If I'm buying from FT... I know I'm buying clones and I'm OK with that as long as the quality is comparable. Actually, from what I hear, sometimes the clones are better. The smarter companies don't just copy. They try to improve upon existing designs that are popular.

But I don't see the need to infringe on another company's logo. The laser engraving on the outside of a mod or atomizer has nothing to do with the performance. The design, materials and construction are what make it a good or bad product. Not the Bling.

Don't know if I can edit the title. I'll have a look.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014

View attachment 359718

Thats what i have been hearing about the regular size FT model and the Mini , both seem great . There's a video posted by some foul mouthed goon who try's to rip the FT version by showing one of the defective units .

It's not surprising in the least if you read between the lines , that person sell's the Cloupor version LOL.

Why this dude is given credibility is beyond me , it really shows the intention and motive of the member who posted the video , he is clearly hell bent on ripping all DNA 30 clones, i didn't believe it at first but now i do.

Last edited:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Thats what i have been hearing about the regular size FT model and the Mini , both seem great . There's a video posted by some foul mouthed goon who try's to rip the FT version by showing one of the defective units .

It's not surprising in the least if you read between the lines , that person sell's the Cloupor version LOL.

Why this dude is given credibility is beyond me , it really shows the intention and motive of the member who posted the video , he is clearly hell bent on ripping all DNA 30 clones, i didn't believe it at first but now i do.

Yep, the language is foul in that video and he may sell Cloupor, but he said he was concerned for the people...and it WAS his opinion which you may or may not agree with. He told of his experience with his device.

That member which you also talk about as having intentions and motives and being hell bent on ripping clones posted this in another thread:

" Yep, if Cloupor or any other manufacturer offered a mini or any other device and it exhibited IMO safety concerns then you can count on me expressing my opinion... "

That same member had a clone that auto-fired twice and is a safety issue. A device should not fire on it's own. That is the same issue the person with the foul mouth video had with his device. One was a Cloupor and the other a Fasttech clone.

Seems the intentions should be clear.... but you seem to want to make it something it is not.... Their opinions, which you may or may not agree with, are their opinions and they gave you first hand knowledge of what they experienced.

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Yep, the language is foul in that video and he may sell Cloupor, but he said he was concerned for the people...and it WAS his opinion which you may or may not agree with. He told of his experience with his device.

That member which you also talk about as having intentions and motives and being hell bent on ripping clones posted this in another thread:

" Yep, if Cloupor or any other manufacturer offered a mini or any other device and it exhibited IMO safety concerns then you can count on me expressing my opinion... "

That same member had a clone that auto-fired twice and is a safety issue. A device should not fire on it's own. That is the same issue the person with the foul mouth video had with his device. One was a Cloupor and the other a Fasttech clone.

Seems the intentions should be clear.... but you seem to want to make it something it is not.... Their opinions, which you may or may not agree with, are their opinions and they gave you first hand knowledge of what they experienced.

I think everybody and their mother knows by now about the safety issues , while you may have good intentions it's getting to be extremely redundant .

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I think everybody and their mother knows by now about the safety issues , while you may have good intentions it's getting to be extremely redundant .
I hope they know about the issues by now. The consumer benefits thru discussion of issues imo and hopefully will aid in getting issues resolved. It helped in getting the 510 connector revised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread