Had my first doctor's appointment since i started vaping ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
I am type 1 diabetic and I had to decrease my insulin dosage since I started vaping and stopped smoking. You know why? Because now I can exercise much longer without been out of breath...

Seriously, I haven't observed any direct effects of vaping (50/50) on my blood sugar levels and I measure it 6 to 10 times a day. It's hard to balance sugar levels as a diabetic. I use 1 unit for every 10 grams of sugar (sweets and amidon (pasta, potatoes, rice etc...). For 100g of pasta I do 10 units, for 150g 15 units... 5 units for 50g of pure sugar or candies. For correction, I use 1 unit to decrease my blood sugar of 40 (mg/dl). And it still messed up in many instances... too low or too high... You need to find that out for yourself and there is plenty of resources in that regard. For example see http://dtc.ucsf.edu/types-of-diabet...s/type-2-insulin-rx/calculating-insulin-dose/. Hope this help.

Some claim that nicotine increase the susceptibility to insulin resistance but I am not convinced by the evidences. I cannot refute their statements though.

Reactions: Katmar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread